• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 2 rounds today at harbin park, first round i shot real bad with a par at 54. my second round i came out of a funk and shot a -7 with taking a 4 on the last hole.

My boyfriend and I played the new back 9 at Calumet Lakes DGC yesterday. We really enjoyed it! My boyfriend mentioned that the new back 9 is better than the front 9. All wooded holes and tight fairways with just enough challenge. Anyway, I didn't do too bad. I got two pars on the 9 holes. I even scored better on one of the holes than my boyfriend. My drives are about the same distance as his too. Putting is improving with each stroke, and I think a lot has to do with my new putter helping my confidence.

I shot -5 this morning on a practice round. Taking a rating average for this course over the past year, that would be about an 889-rated round. My unscientific, self-created rating for the year is 840. Signing up for the PDGA and playing my first officially rated rounds in October. We'll see how close my guesstimate is.

Shot even and 5 under at Brandy Lake park. Then went to Sandy Point and that course bent me over and gave it to me haha.

Shot 15 over using all par 3s, but some of them should really be par fours, like 6 and 15. Whatever though. Had my longest tunnel shot at about 310 feet down a dead straight narrow lane, can't remember what hole, but I was pumped to get that much accuracy with the power - I always have trouble with them long tunnels. Threw my stable DX Destroyer for that one.

Also made about 3-4 putts outside of 40 feet which was great, made 90% of my inside circle putts as well. Got to play holes 26 and 27 on the beach too, I was lucky enough to get there when they were open. Overall great day.

Shot the best round of my life this afternoon, at Forrest Park in Bloomington. Much better course now that they've replaced the janky baskets with discatchers and put in new new pin positions, now my favorite course in town... Especially since it has virtually no traffic.

Deuced 3 through 9, 12, 13, 16, and 17. Took a 4 on 18 when I got greedy and tried to lay down a fancy BH roller... That hole is a very tough 3 for me even when I play the safe Hyzer routes into the basket and I'm still only gonna par it if I lay down my best case roller. Oh well, still a 10 down 44...easily my personal best on that, or any, course.

Threw in from 100'+ on 9 for a birdie streak of 7, also a personal best. Hit every putt 25' and in. The RDG Raptor was killing it for me; hit cage on #5 with a flick, set up two deuces with some awesome FH rollers, and set up 7 total deuces (out of the 8 times I used it off the tee).

Seriously, best round ever... I don't know if I'll ever shoot that well/have everything go my way like that again.

Aaaaaarrggh! I shot 16 over on 27 holes at whispering falls. That course has some brutal rough. I had several drives kick only 5 feet in the rough and had zero look at anything but pitching out for a better lie. First time playing there so I guess it isn't terrible. Worst part was I lost my best PD! Vanished into tall grass, I looked for about 30 minutes and saw nothing.

On a positive note, my putting through the first 18 holes was overall pretty good, up shots were ok, had some decent drives. Fatigue got to me on the last 9.

Not terrible, but I should have been 6-8 strokes better from some throws I KNOW I can hit better.

Big fun. Makin from outside the circle, even on the band of doom baskets without pole tape.
Crushed some drives with the bubbler Boss, new long on one hole with a nice warm breeze coming from behind my right shoulder, which, for LHBH is golden. 2 women with 3 kids let me play through, I crush it, kid goes " Wow ! Look how far his disc goes, mommy."
Made my day. :D

Played in the Tug Of War @ Turner Park @ Grand Prairie, Tx. Not enough Adv Grandmasters so I thought I would try my luck in the intermediate field. Was playing pretty solid, until 14 holes later, near heat stroke came and I had to quit. Figures I was on pace to tie or shoot better than 1st place in the 1st round. ugh...

It felt like my worst round in years. Hole 1 and 18 were the only holes I played well. Every other drive was off the mark, usually hitting trees, and most approaches found spots near the basket were an obstacle made putting impossible.

Same here. I was Dr. Double-Bogey today. Among other reasons, I had an unusually difficult time throwing past or around trees rather than at them.

I played a round at my local disc golf course with my boyfriend. Meh, at best. I got 8 strokes over my best score. My drives off the tee were mediocre, either going too far to the left or right. On a brighter note, my recovery shots with my mid-range today were on point. Most of those shots were within 20-30 feet from the basket. Putts are still slowly improving. I missed a couple easy putts, costing me either the bogey or double bogey. I was able to get four pars on the whole course, which was good (my best is five). My boyfriend did incredible. He got his best score at Torch Lake DGC, +2.

I didn't play today. I tried to go and take some vids of myself to post on form review. Have been working hard and just wanted someone other then myself to help spot things I prolly miss.

I've been real proud of myself as of late. I feel like some of my developments have been paying off finally. There is this hole at Schumaker pond which is 436 ft lasered. I've only dueced it in doubles when my partner made the fourty ft putt. Recently though I have been throwing right up to it. About 40 ft to the right but directly across.

So I start with throwing mids and I'm tossing them anywhere from 340-360. I felt pretty great. Throw some brand spanking new (2) pro and (3) star destroyers 400 and 390 ft respectively. And they have high plh and are pretty beefy.

So I'm like ya I got this and put the camera up. I round the first throw and send it way off to the right. Then I get all nervous about looking stupid on the internets and I may have gotten a dozen out of 80 throws out to 400 ft. I was noob hyzering, rounding, nose up, sooo much height. Just couldn't get comfortable again. I literally had out drove myself with mids earlier on a good bit of my shots.

It was a little disappointing to say the least. I hardly ever get discouraged but I was today.

I'll get out there soon and get some actual video of my current form not that bs I was doing today.

I did pretty well. Set a new personal best on a course where I will be playing a tournament on Sunday. This included birdies on two 320'+ holes using my McPro Roc3. I'm finally starting to get the hang of pairing finesse and power, which is awesome since I haven't been practicing at all. I didn't throw any disc faster than speed 9, and even that was a questionable call.

Shot a great round and flip city during the Michigan state championship. And come to find out uli only shot a stroke better than me. Super pumped about the weekend.

Played Blue and Gold course in Tyler for the first time. Blue course wasn't too bad, but Gold course ate my lunch. Bad signage didn't help things at all. Sign says basket is to the left, I throw left, only to discover the basket is now 300 ft downhill to my right. Wut.

Status
Not open for further replies.