• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an ace on hole 9 at Country Course in Louisburg NC (private). 260' my panther just sailed right in. And I thought it was going to miss long. Hit 2 other baskets on the round that would have made for an epic day for me if they had gone in. This was after spending a couple of hours cutting up tress & picking up sticks. I call that good karma.

I cashed for the first time in Open at a B tier and finished alone in second only missing first place by just one stroke. Shot a 48 and 45 on all par 3 course.

Threw two 9 hole rounds. The first was at about 7am right when i got off of work. Went bogey free and shot 3 under, and either matched or minorly exceeded my longest drive to date. My courses last hole is an extreme downhill 653 foot par 4, down a ski run, and i slung my Star Teebird about 520 feet down it. Probably would've had a little more if the fade didnt skip the crossbar of the rope tow pole. Finished out w a birdie on that and was quite happy.

Second round, wasnt expecting to play so I was in flip flops and tired, so awful run ups and drives were all over the place, but my mental game must be improving, cause by some miracle I salvaged a 2 under par.

Good day for sure all together.
Oh, and always keep a pair of dg shoes in your cars guys!

Yesterday, I played the full 18 at Calumet Lake DGC with my boyfriend. I decided to play the course as a par 4, rather than the normal par 3. Meh, at best. I didn't realize how challenging the course actually is when you play the full 18. Even my boyfriend, who has been playing for roughly nine years, struggled as well. Accuracy is not my strongest suit. I shanked quite a bit of my drives into the woods. Almost lost my new Axiom Crave. Took my boyfriend and I over 10 minutes to find it. In the meantime, he did find a Discraft Meteor while trying to look for mine. I see a slight improvement with my putting. Putts are getting closer to the basket. My boyfriend made a 75 foot putt. He sniped it through a grove of tees and the disc hit nothing but chains! That was about the highlight of our game yesterday.

Played Winton Woods for our last league night (over 14 weeks, we play from hardest - Idlewild - to easiest in town). With the clearing of the dead ash trees, I joked how there were going to be some personal course bests tonight.

Yep, there were two 40's and two 39's thrown. Proud to say, my 39 was capped off with my first ace in 16 months: came on hole 18 (third time for my CryZtal Buzzz!), and I carded my first ever sub-40 round! Then, on the way home, I realized it's been exactly four years to the day since I picked up a golf disc. :p

I made a 105-foot putt/approach to 2 a hole I'd never birdied before. I shot -4 on the front 9--my best ever on this course--but then made 5 bogeys (with 1 more birdie) on the back 9 to finish even. Elation on the front 9, frustration on the back 9.

Played pretty good. Finished -2 and -3 for my two rounds. Flirted with some baskets off the tee again, only had one bogey all day, along with 6 birdies all together. My last 5 rounds at my home course have all been 2 under or better so Im feeling great about my game right about now. Also ordered a nice Prodigy PA4 Ive been wanting to try as well. Great day.

Classic DG round this morning. Playing doubles before work at Dela. Started out terribly on Holes 1-2. Crushed my opening drive, but it didn't fade enough and hit the mando tree to the right - we got a 5 on that hole. Long position or not, that isn't good in doubles play. Kind of set the standard for my drives on the first half of the course - not really bad shots for the most part, but found a way to hit trees or skip over boundaries out of bounds. Until hole 9 where I finally got a birdie-able drive again after months of not hitting the window, or not getting through the trees, or whatever. Hit the putt. That helped turn things around. My buddy hit a great shot on hole 12, easiest par I've had in that long position in a while. But then the highlight was, after a lot of frustration, I hit a perfect anny backhand around the corner on hole 18, for the first birdie we have ever had in the tournament long position on that hole. Then crushed a drive on 19 on the perfect line to finish with two birdies. I think that was the second birdie I/we have had on that hole. After much struggle, good times finishing the round with some firsts in difficult positions.

Played Blueberry and Woodland at Highbridge. Didnt keep score on BB, just kind of practiced, threw multiple drives, etc.

Woodland, man it was a great round. Shot 1 over using all par 3's, and ended up with 6 birdies. And on number 16, I tossed my heavier Aviar off the tee and bounced the thing off the cage. Sooooooooo close to that uno, yet still nothing has stuck. It was still awesome though. I still cant figure out that darn hole 17 though...

Played the local mini and took the #1 club tag off of the #3 rated pro in Texas. Now to hold onto it and rub it in his face for as long as possible.

Not bad. +2 at Middletown park. Both bogies were due to putting. My driving was good, my upshot a were great, putting was mediocre. All putts much easier than what I practice at home, I just choke on the course for some reason. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though.

I played 2 new courses that I had never played before. I played Rand Park in Keokuk, IA then jumped over to the little 9 holer in Hamilton, IL. I have to say it was a challenge at both locations because I was just having a crappy day altogether. I shot something like 10 over at rand park and 5 over at Hamilton. But with that being said I had lots of fun and I am seeing progress with only playing for about 2 months or so.

I played... strange today. I couldn't drive worth a damn today; they were just all over the place. I was on point with my upshots and (for me) putting out of my mind.

I played a very solid round today. 58 at my local course (links at wheeler park). My putting let me down or I would have broken my best round of 55. The new gstar teebird I purchased is flying like a dream. The best part of today's round was the super hot chick playing in front of me, made the waiting at the tee boxes feel justified

After a three week hiatus from DG, can't complain about shooting a PB -1 at Meri-Toppila. First putt of the first round, a 15-footer chain-out, that one I'd put down to being rusty, but after that, had one bad putt over the next 35 holes I played. First round started pretty hot, but got tougher toward the midway point, ended up with an okay score in terms of this year's averages.

Second round, was on course for a record, then on 16, clipped a tree off the tee, carded a bogey, which pushed by total to +1, incidentally my previous PB. Thought here we go again, botching the PB chances right at the last holes. Perhaps bit miffed by that bogey, on 17, threw the teeshot long which I rarely do, never that long, but made the comebacker for birdie to get back to even par. So par on the final hole would be enough for a record, but I've missed PB chances many times in the same situation there, on the green it is easy to get rollaways. Had to even wait for two pools to throw before me, but then unleashed what turned out to be my best drive ever on that hole, even better than the time I threw it 25+ feet long. Disc ended almost perfectly on line with tee and basket, 3-feet short, tap in birdie and new record :hfive: .

Played pretty good shot a -3 and -4 in two rounds at McCurrey. DGCR rates that at 1014 and 1023, so I will take it. Those darn trees probably cost me 3-5 strokes though.

Had a birdie on #2 which always make me happy.

New Spirit and Rask were good and I putted well with the Swan in the circle.

With a tourney coming up tomorrow, I had to pre-bowl this morning (couples league starts tomorrow early evening). Feels really weird going directly from the lanes to the course! Messes with your timing to roll a 7200 gram ball, then throw 150-175 gram discs. :eek: In the end, my round was like Ohio State's offensive game today: looks good on paper after the fact, but was kind of klunky the whole way in real-time. Glad I got it out of my system before tourney tee-off.

New course for me, the John Houck designed Tall Firs, in Monroe.
Nearly thirty five years since I started huking discs at real targets, and this was the first time EVER that I have paid for a recreational round of golf.
First round solo navigation, despite having map, proved frustrating. I threw at the wrong baskets multiple times, and cursed the owner, and his family.
Some holes have baskets quite close to each other, and without seeing the numbers on the flags, its hard to determine just where to throw.
Made it through 18 with all my discs, and a couple of nice birdies.

Decided, since I get to play as many rounds as I want for the fee, to go again.

This time, since I sort of know where I'm going now, its better. I did realize that I skipped #6 the first time, playing to the #7 target, then jumping to #8.

So anyways, I threw a legit 25 on the front (rated 31), almost all from the longs, which was very satisfying, so, being hot and tired, I knew it couldnt get any better, so I left to go get fresh cold beer.
I dont usually throw 6 under through 9 holes, especially on a champ layout, so I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts