• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rained all Day, played anyways

Nice round no waiting, heck I was the only person on not just one but 2 courses. Shot par with damp disc.

Saturday went to a single day c tier. First round shot 55 (one birdy) tied for third and fell back to sixth place.

Sunday got a round in between the rain and won doubles.

Not a bad weekend. Managed to get a bttm stamped star roc 3 with mcbeast autograph on the top at the tournament.

Entered a local 2 day tourney this weekend that had us throwing a round and a half per day on a par 81 course. Had a lot of chain-outs day one, but still managed to keep my game semi-respectable with a 76 (-5). Day two was much better. Shot a 44 the first round and then 17 on the remaining 9 after lunch, finishing at (-20). I beat the top player in the country (1012 rated) that day by 6 strokes! Too bad it wasn't a sanctioned event. That hot round catapulted me over a few players to a 4th forth place finish in Open. This will likely be my last Japanese tournament, unless I run one myself.

Had a good day today. Started off with a round at Lakewood Hills with a buddy who wanted some help with dialing in his forehand and also some help breaking in some fresh plastic. I adopted his 175 Champion Destroyer for the round. I forgot how much I like a fresh Destroyer for forehand bombs. I 3'd holes 7 and 8 with little effort. Destroyers just go, man. I ended up shooting a 51 stroke round, the only blemish being 4 strokes on hole 10. Me and my buddy then went to Acorn to meet up with four other buddies for some random draw doubles night action. I let one of my friends pick which disc I would play with, since they made up some BS about how I can't use my Viking. He picked my road warrior 175 Champion Tern, which was a mistake. This Tern is a high PLH Tern that doesn't flip unless you really stand on it, an incredibly easy disc to forehand. Not so easy to putt with though. I got paired with a guy who has only played twice before, and was using an extremely light Blizzard Wraith. This was not an issue. Me and the Blizzinator ended up shooting a 53 for the unopposed victory.

Went out to Highbridge again today, was great to still throw this late in the season. Only played Woodland cause I wanted to play two rounds but the time change made available light an issue.

Ended up tying my PB on the first round with a 2 under, and I shot a new PB the second time around with a 4 under. Made 95% of my putts from the circle, and had 8 birdies and only 2 bogies throughout the rounds. Extremely happy with my throwing today :)

Last edited:
Had a really fun day, my daughter and I played Deer Lick Park and Hunter Park today. Two we had not played before.

She is really improving and had several drives over 100ft today, with a really beat M2 oddly enough.

Was great to be put there and the conditions were less than ideal but we made the best of it. I left a lot of strokes at Hunter. If we go there again I will approach a few holes differently and do better than my -5 today.

Shot a -4 at Deer Lick which was much harder to do and I feel much better about how I threw there. DGCR backs me up in my assumption since it rated my Hunter round at 921 and the Deer Lick at 982.

Fear that the little girl will be a better putter than me though. She nailed several 30 footers.

Mainly just bummed I will likely not be able to get to my 50th course played this year, sitting at 44 now and there is only two more that I will probably be able to play. I guess 19 this year so far is good, I did 21 courses last year and wanted to beat that :-/ oh well.

Try again in 2016.

I played lousy today overall. Still enjoyed being out on the course and tossing some discs. Made a few putts. had some good drives. I need to get back to the gym and get my sedentary arse back in shape like I was over the summer.

Had a pretty good day out. Played last weekend for the first time and returned to the same course today with my 19 yo son. It's a pretty short 9 hole at a park. We're self taught just learning what we can from here and with Youtube vids. At some point we need to go out with some more experienced players. We're both throwing about 150-175 and all over the place. He's a lefty and I'm a righty so it's a little hard for us to compare. We both shaved 6 throws off of our last outing but I was still +17 on a par 27 course. I parred one hole last week and none this week.

The take home was that we had a great time and while we still suck, we didn't suck as much as we did last week ;)

A pretty good day with friends besides being a bit muddy from the rains. The highlight was solidly smashing chains on 14 at BB OWEN only to see it dribble out the left side of the basket and come to rest on the ground. Ace runs are not the norm with me, so that added even more to the experience.

This hole is 260' and slightly uphill which makes it play more like 290' to 300'. A normal hyzer line is blocked by some scraggly trees but a bigger arm could probably drop a huge hyzer bomb in there. My normal shot is a slightly turning straight shot with either a DX or Pro Leopard. Today it was the Pro since there was a little wind in my face.

Would have been my first ace had it stuck, and with good friends there to see it. We still got a thrill at the sound of chains smashing though. I love disc golf!!

A few days ago a friend of mine let me play part of a round with his new discs from Dynamic Discs. They flew so well I went to the local store and bought 7 to cover hopefully each type of shot. Using only the 7 discs today I played 3 rounds at my local course. Normally during the summer I was shooting an average of -4 to -5 for 12 holes, but during the fall with poor conditions it has been -2 to -3. Well today in the cool weather I was on fire. First round was a modest -3 using the discs for the first time. The next 2 rounds I shot -7 both times! I had only shot that low 2-3 times all summer and did it twice in the same day with a brand new set of discs. Joining the Dynamic Disc bandwagon, they flew and felt amazing!

The top disc of the bunch was my Thief. It flies perfectly straight for about 270ft then fades a couple feet to the stable side and finishes about 290-300. What made it so great was the way it fades. It glided flat to the ground, no turn and drop like most drivers. When I put it on a slight anhyzer and let it flex back I was able to get it up to about 320ft. I was able to pinpoint my shots with this disc and over 3 rounds (36 holes) I parked this disc 7 of the 9 throws.

I also felt real good about the Escape. It is very light, 158g but even in a crosswind it flew a S-Curve line very well and was able to get some of the longest drives of the year! Even had my longest drive on hole #12 which is 379ft straight uphill. Was able to get it about 290-300ft up the hill, shaping the shot around trees.

Only gap that these 7 discs have in my bag so far is a driving putter and an understable mid-range. I might have to go out tomorrow and pick up another Judge for driving duties and an Evidence for anhyzer mid-range shots.

I will be going out to a slightly longer course tomorrow, so will be able to really open up and see what these can do. I am very excited for the end of the season!

.............see two posts above.

I just entered my scorebook score and realized I beat my PB by one throw. Four birdies, including one I had never birdied before. It wasn't a good day, it was a great day! Have I mentioned that I love disc golf? :D

.............see two posts above.

I just entered my scorebook score and realized I beat my PB by one throw. Four birdies, including one I had never birdied before. It wasn't a good day, it was a great day! Have I mentioned that I love disc golf? :D

Always a great feeling to beat a personal best! Grats to ya! :clap:

A buddy of mine had never been to Kaposia before, so he more or less asked me to be his sherpa. I obliged. I put together a quick 8 disc config, consisting of my trusty Star Aviar, Z Buzzz, Star Leopard, Champion TeeBird, Champion Thunderbird, Champion Mamba, Champion Tern, and the disc that I was truly excited to throw, an early run 175g FAF Champion Destroyer that I recently traded for, which is one of my all-time favorite forehand drivers. I had not been to Kaposia in a few months, and the paths were buried with leaves, so I kept leading my buddy down the wrong paths. I was probably the worst guide ever. Despite this, I had an extremely solid game. Lots of deuces, and very few errors. I only carded two fours. I took a four on hole 8 due to a low trajectory anny with the Destroyer that turned into a skunk roller, the big problem being I had no idea which way it rolled. Took a half hour to find it, it was on the hillside off to the right, by the road. I laid up the second shot, went for the thirty footer for par, it hit the wrong side of the chains and spat down the rock wall. Booooooooooo. The other four was on hole 19. I had a beautiful drive with the Tern, but it decided to roll 90% of the way back down the hill. Underthrew the 2nd shot with my Buzzz, leaving me with a 60 ft uphill putt. I played it safe for the four. Despite those hiccups, I managed to finish with 69 strokes, which is something to feel good about. Kaposia is definitely easier without the canopies, though.

Last edited:
Hahaha forgot to mention that we did not play holes 25 or 26, my buddy called it quits, the uphill holes wore him out. Understandable, since they are unfriendly to larger people, especially with a slick layer of leaves.

Played better, and more importantly had fun playing today. It was a good mind-clutter clearing day of DG. Very nice fall day.

Played two rounds out of town yesterday and can say it was the first time in a long time I did not enjoy playing.

They changed all the hole locations making most of them harder for me. Had alot of bogeys and no birdies. Rough day on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts