• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First round a bogey-free -6, solid 14-shot improvement on last Sunday's round, sadly, second a +5 featuring two separate turkey bogeys :wall: . Fourth or fifth time I've shot -6 this winter, seems I can't card a better round. Another stupid pole out putt, this time hitting the pole at the very bottom of the basket, yet still managing to bounce out up and through the chains :\ .

It used to be I'd shoot a certain score on the first round, but be it good or average (or worse), more often than not, I'd improve it on the second round. Hasn't been the case of late, second round is nowadays far more often worse (by far) than the first round, usually putter goes cold. Today it was turd-esque teeshots followed by equally crappy upshots that caused the first turkey of bogeys, then managed to miss the double mando for the first time this winter. Couple of park jobs for birdie did little to nothing to improve the mood TBH.

Thanks to the 6+ inches of snow we got yesterday and overnight, the tees actually gripped, even did running shots a few times, though most of those seemed the come off too low and lacking the solid icy ground of last week, skips were at a minimum.

Whaaaaaat? Nobody else playing over Easter? Actually, that "What?" seems appropriate, since if this post had a theme song, it would be Stone Cold's Glass Shatters :clap: . Finally cracked that mysterious -6 glass ceiling. Granted, only a -7, so improvement of one stroke and that was playing last three holes rather safe, which is fairly contrary to my normal maximum attack approach. Got off to a solid start with a nice putt, hung on even after some iffy teeshots. Once again #8 ended with a bogey, but came back with back to back birdies, then turkey birdies (actually four in a row). Made pretty much all the putts I felt I should've made, Hunter pair (Legend and Icon) was clicking nicely, Icon slightly off on long putts, but its time would come on the second round.

So after posting winter's best round, knew there was little chance of improving that, more likely would end up disappointed, so decided to attack my backhand-only round score of -1. It could've been a poor round given the front-rim banger on the first hole, but tin cup approach was working, even carded a par on #8 :\ (on far shorter teeshot + longer approach). Birdie on #9 came off a 70+ footer putt, then hit another on #13, this one even further away, actually doing turkey birdies both rounds on 13 through 15 :hfive: . Bogey on a final hole slightly soured the overall day, but still managed to card -2, improving my backhand-only rounds (didn't throw any forehand, not even approaches), equalling my friend's score for the round while he was throwing both sides. Guess having your putter "on fire" helps.

Threw in the field on my lunch break...and hate myself for doing it. Nothing was clicking today. No snap, no drive, just bad. I was barely getting out past 350. I wasn't expecting any winds, but there was a slight 10mph or so tail wind so that ruined a lot of my plans, I only pulled out my stable/os wraiths to throw. I'm taking the rest of the day off, but plan on getting in a round tomorrow before family festivities, we'll see. Today was one of those "I'm gonna sell all my discs on eBay" days.

Ace #2

Picked up my second career ace today at Chester City Park DGC. Only one day after getting my first at Clarence Darrow Metropark. Both were forehands with my Truth.

Pretty damn good day for me.

Shot (-6) I over 36 in our winter league championship at oakland today. Couple mistakes here and there but still trying to kick some if the rust off. Both rounds under part so I'm pretty happy with that.

Once again the "1 bad hole" syndrome continues. Lost a battle with a local bud due to one short missed putt. lol...

First three-day stretch of playing for this year, can't say muscles are feeling any worse for wear with the extra day of throwing. -4 and +0 for today. Started off bad with a bogey, but putts found their groove fairly quickly, sunk a couple of good ones back to back, getting some momentum going, capping off the first round with another 70+ footer for birdie.

Second round started slightly better, but hit some snags on the wooded part of the course, following that up by having my PinLaw go the perfect distance, but about 150-feet left in the headwind, kept going flat and never really faded. Then missed mando on the next hole and even par looked doubtful. But managed to scrape together three birdies toward the end, had another long birdie look on #18, just came about three feet short on the 80-footer.

Temperatures were around +8C (mid-40s F), so it was already sweaty weather. Windy but sunny, snows are really melting fast, but thanks to temperatures being high enough, none of the tees were icy, so could get solid footing to launch shots, even if most of them I threw standstill.

Awesomely. I flicked my dog disc in on anyhyzer from about 130' out. I also caged it on a couple shorter holes. It feels like I'm cheating sometimes.

Right before I did it I looked at my tunnel shot, then saw the anny route instead and said "let's have some fun.". Ching! The round after that, I put my qolf and solf at the woods' edge on 18. I'm driving farther with less effort, which is exciting.

Made some good putts, crushed some drives, balanced on a log and walked out into the marsh to get my buddies' discs and overall had a good time. Played 3 rounds at acorn. My scores were only a bit better than average, but it was hella fun trying some goofy stuff.

Hole 2, by chance? My friend built that makeshift log bridge off to the left. It was an abysmal failure, by the way. He made it to the end of it and then sank while getting his disc. Still had his shoes on. It was good entertainment.

Had a guy in my group black ace the short basket on 2 with a Z Mantis while trying to play it safe around the pond in the middle as well hahaha. Same dude later aced hole 8 with an awkwardly forehanded Z Force. The back of my head started hurting from laughing so hard. Gotta love Acorn.

Drew the Queen of Spades at doubles league and had to go lone wolf. Shot -11 and got third which paid better than 2nd since I didn't have to split with anyone. My "partner" sucked, but didn't matter as I made all putts inside 40 on first attempt.

Yeah good day, first sanctioned win in 5 years at the ECO Tour Stop 3 in New Bern, NC. (MPM) Won a 3-hole playoff after a bogey on the last hole of regulation, felt good to maintain composure throughout the round after rain, stupid bogeys and general pressure. 968-980 unofficial rated rounds.

Threw a -4 round on an open course on a very windy day. My Star Colt and especially my Star Stud were "steel on target" on approaches today.

Whooped ass, two rounds at BRP with a good buddy, I shot an 86 followed by an 82 stroke round. Big Z Crank was a pleasant surprise, absolute bomber without any break-in. By course pars, I was -5 on the day. Can't be mad at that. The Big Z Reaper handled many of the shots for my outing, and was instrumental for my minus day. Definitely a good disc, but if they release it in straight Z, it should rock even harder. Reaper does TeeBird things. Who'da thunk it?

I played at BRP with a buddy today. I shot an 87 and an 84. Definite redemption from last time, but I was more stoked for my buddy, who shot a 96 on his second round, crushing his old personal best by 11 strokes on this configuration. It is always good to see friends progress. He has more or less stolen my upshot tactics. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery haha. After it got dark, we joined up with some randoms and played two light rounds, no scores kept. I used a CryZtal Buzzz. It was downright therapeutic. Midrange only rounds are good for the soul hahahaha.

That's a lotta golf.

I played the valley today, didn't throw very well. The round just wasn't that enjoyable with the people I'd met up with and I let it throw me off mentally. We played dubs and finished at +2.

Went home to reset, shook it out, ate some pizza and headed back out to kaposia instead. Threw my first round of the year in shorts and long sleeves!!! Holy cow it makes a difference. Threw the first 6 solo and met up with a couple cool acquaintances, finished with them. Threw a 50, 6 deuces and 2 fours. One of those was on a nasty tree kick down into a valley. I Started making the putts again and the drives came back.

It was pretty windy, but olf and pd2 handled it. Even my beaten up ppd2 still only flips a little in a direct headwind. I am in love with that disc. beats into a beefy destroyer type flight, and in pro plastic? Awesome. I can't wait until it actually starts to fly understable, it's gonna crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts