• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A/B/C pool dubs at Joralemon
51(-7) was only good enough for third but I had a couple ace runs and we birdied a string of 4 holes on the front 9. Split $30 with my partner.

Last night at dubs I shot awful. Thank God I got carded up with a friend and we were both feeling pretty crappy, so we had zero expectations. Ended up wit a 52. I think a 48 split $140 and a 49 took last cash, had a really small turn out. Today I did field work with a local pro who've been a huge help. I've taken video footage but never really watched it close enough I guess to get much out of it. My first throw he had 3 possible flaws to work on. After a few holes with him watching everything started feeling effortless and smooth. I was throwing further and hitting lines a lot better. Makes a huge different just getting someone with experience to watch you and give you on the spot pointers.

Shot a new personal best yesterday on a day that threatened rain and no play at all. 13 over! I know it's terrible, but hey, less than 6 months playing time. I had 6 pars, 1 double, and the rest bogeys. It was a great day. I never get many birdie opportunities due to short distance off the tee but solid upshots and a couple long putts kept me going. I am improving every round. Distance off the tee is getting better, still shy of 300 but on good rips not by very much. I felt so good after my round yesterday; all the practice I've been putting in is finally starting to pay off.

Shot a personal best yesterday at my local course (+1) over for the round. Immediately played a second round and got (-1). That was my very first round under par! The course is all par 3s but very fun. Putting seemed to be the best it has ever been which makes an enormous difference in your score when you are making everything inside 20-30 ft range. Very happy with my progress since I have only been playing since Jan/Feb of this year. Still working on my drives though (cant seem to get anything to go over 300 ft.

Shot under my average for the course, so that's good, but I double bogeyed the second to last pin and bogeyed the the last one, so kind of disappointed in that.:wall:

I think three holes sum up my day. First hole, 30-footer for birdie, card a bogey, hole #11 on the first round, two pretty much perfect shots, looking at 150' for eagle, end up having to make a 20-footer to save par :wall: , final hole of the day, 25-footer for birdie, chastity belt, card a bogey. Pressure on putts goes up when you know that anything but soft and dead-center is coming out one way or another. Worse, my long putts weren't leaving me with drop-ins like usual, more like 20+ footers time and again.

Did manage to keep my birdie streak alive and posted better overall scores than my friend, despite being seven shots behind after six holes on round one and five shots behind after six on round two. Still, the biggest plus might be getting more and more comfy hyzerflipping my beaten SR Outlaw (flips to flat and turns over somewhat before flexing back straight and fading), getting two birdie looks at a hole I've not yet gotten such chances before.

Had great rounds (yesterday) threw some sweet birdies. Mucked up some easy shots. Had a solid ace run with my EMAC Truth and then immediately proceeded to shank a throw and it goes into the Niagara river... well it was a lagoon attached to the river. Walked out 10 feet to retrieve it. Think I may sell all my buzzz's and just keep a stack of EMACs!

New personal best at Token Creek long tees to short baskets. 76, with only one 4, coming on hole 10. Pulled off the 3 on the toughest holes (5, 24), and made 3 par saves from 30+. Still missed some easy dueces on 3, 12, 14, and 26, but can't complain about a record round.

Better than yesterday, that's for sure. Distance off tee was better, while wasn't getting the hyzerflips as well as yesterday. Still, got a chance at birdie on the toughest hole of the layout, while almost reaching the green on another where I pretty much do a lay-up off the tee to avoid the OB. Started and finished the second round with a birdie, good putt on the first hole, great worm-burner drive on the final hole.

Actually the weirdest part was just how empty the course was. Sunny and the year's warmest day so far, just enough wind that it wasn't feeling sweltering and there was almost nobody playing. Sure, it's 1 May, but still, it hasn't been that empty ever in the two years I've gone there, including two winters of DG :\ .

Like dukey. But I was playing Highbridge Gold so that makes me feel better. Had a lot of awesome drives, but managed to find trouble along almost every multi shot hole (theres a lot).

Humbling round fo sho.

Played as usual, poorly. Need to work on mental game. Poor drive and unfortunate tree deflection put me over the 6ft barbed wire fence. That and the cute lady walking her dog in yoga pants and I was completely distracted.

Shot 50 at a local course, best round I've had so far. I'm thinking it's time to visit more complex courses now that I have a good grasp of my home courses.

Wasn't today but I played a tournament on Saturday and earned my first PDGA win, in the Advanced division no less. It was my on my home course but it was also my first tournament playing Advanced. I both tied and surpassed my personal bests and still only won by two strokes. Great weekend that I'll never forget!

Shot 50 at a local course, best round I've had so far. I'm thinking it's time to visit more complex courses now that I have a good grasp of my home courses.

In the last month or so, I've made a point to go to other courses rather than the home course just 2-3 miles from my house. And it was eye-opening for my game. One of the courses is short and very technical (all woods), and I realized I need to work on accuracy with putters and mids. Another is all open, letting me "grip it and rip it", but also showing a need to work with approach discs.

So IMHO you'll improve your game by taking in different courses, and probably enjoy the change of scenery, as well...

Met up with a buddy I hadn't seen for a while and threw a fun round this morning. We were both enjoying the beautiful weather and throwing some new plastic. My score probably wasn't amazing. I'm trying to allow myself true casual rounds where my focus isn't solely on score and I can enjoy each shot as they happen along with whatever company is present.

In the last month or so, I've made a point to go to other courses rather than the home course just 2-3 miles from my house. And it was eye-opening for my game. One of the courses is short and very technical (all woods), and I realized I need to work on accuracy with putters and mids. Another is all open, letting me "grip it and rip it", but also showing a need to work with approach discs.

So IMHO you'll improve your game by taking in different courses, and probably enjoy the change of scenery, as well...
Yeah my two home courses are a good mix, one starts in the woods before opening up and the other is all woods. But I've adapted very well to both courses, my game will drop off with the addition of new courses but in the long term I will improve as a player overall.

Now to figure out the kids, wife, disc golf paradox

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pretty swell! Shot 2 under at the Z which is pretty good for me. Bogey free as well.

Definitely getting my flick back; took my lunch break last night and watched videos of fh shots, and just slowed things down. Still tossing overstable Champ Bosses for fh's, but its still a step back in the right direction, had no wobble on my releases.

Putting is also getting back, I've finally clicked to the point where I'm not airballing like a drunk basketball player; Im comfortable with a minor hyzer angle for my putts, and am envisioning my putt lines and making em' happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.