• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't have plans to throw today, but a friend is in town and wanted to play and I'm glad I did, shot a tie for my personal best at Mt. Zion, with a -4 from the longs. Parked 3 and 8 for drop ins, and my improving putts helped me can birds on 7 and 9.

Consistently tossing my dx Eagles 500+ feet on the downhill hole nine, threw both today past that distance, loving them discs, need to bag a 3rd, and maybe get a star version of the disc. Great round today!

Played pretty great except for my approaches. I bought a $5 blizzard Krait off a dude at the start of my round and had some really long drives with it. I parked a 350 footer and had a drop in birdie which felt amazing, first birdie on that hole. I drove really well all day but just can't seem to get my approaches down. I'm losing strokes to people with crappy second shots and 2 putts. I guess I'm still learning and I don't really have an approach disc of choice yet. Throwing a 175g Nova or Opto Pure and it's just really hit or miss. I'm thinking of trying something lighter, I'm still really new to the game and it seemed to help with my midrange and drivers.

New personal best today. 7 pars, 2 birdies, 2 doubles, and the rest bogeys. Great weather and a course I had never played before. Threw mid-ranges most of the day and made a few longish putts. One of my playing partners shot par and the other shot 4 over. We all had a great day.

Proud to say I took my division in the Cincy-Dayton tourney today, mostly by focusing on reducing bogey (four)s, despite the winds gusting up to about 30mph. We all seemed to struggle with the 'March' weather, but I was able to play pretty solid. :thmbup:

Today was a good day. I played my first full round in about 6 months. I haven't been playing for the last 6+ months due to serious tendinitis in my right elbow. About a month ago, I started teaching myself to play lefty (I usually throw RHBH). Disclaimer: I am ambidextrous, but tend to favor left hand for fine motor (writing, eating) and right for "power" (throwing, fly casting).

So today I played an all lefty round at Amesbury Pines (first time playing this course, too). Compared to right handed, it wasn't much, but I managed the course well, shot +10, kept the disc in the fairways, got some drives out to about 250', putted really well including hitting chains for par from 60' and about 85'. Plus my wife and mother-in-law both played for the first time, joining myself, my son (5yo who has played at least 30 rounds!) and my brother-in-law. Great to get in the first round of the season, play it lefty and play it well enough to build my confidence and make me look forward to a season I was worried I might miss doing PT. and got to grow the game...the ladies loved it! :clap:

I had a kickass day!

It stormed yesterday. The course was waterlogged, giant puddles in the fairways. There were lakes around some of the baskets.

I shot 5 under (1 bogey, 6 birds) and took the #1 tag in our @30 man group from the guy that hasn't lost it since the middle of last summer.

Not bad considering I've only been playing since last July.

I've been playing really well for the last 2 weeks or so. I think the key is that I stopped thinking about anything other than 'see line, hit line'. Last year I kept thinking about form, and what shot I should throw, and blah blah blah. I need to keep those thought to field sessions.

Getting back to the mindset I had when I first started, before I even knew what the term hyzer meant has really helped everything; drives, putts, all of it. Everything is just feeling really simple right now.

Average. Shot one under but from the shorts, so thats not anything special at all for me.

My wife was out and loved the short tees on my course, and she had two of the nicest drives shes ever had, so great day!

Had a good day at my local 18 hole course, shot 5 under my average. Played the entire course using only 4 discs and this is helping I think.

Gah like regurgitated tacos... tied my personal best round at my home course less than a week ago, then come down to leagues and blow it.

Mostly good, nearly aced a 160 foot hole (cranked the front of the basket) and canned a 180 foot birdie a bit later at Lake Linden (Torch Lake DGC). Played 72 holes today!, 36 at Calumet Lake, 36 at Torch Lake.

Got my first under par round today at a non-pitch and putt. My drives weren't brilliant but my upshots were good and I didn't miss any putts I'd expect to make and I made some longer then normal putts. It is amazing how even practicing putting for about a week most days improves putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played fairly well last night in very muddy conditions, so footing not the best. Made a birdie (my 3rd one ever!), a few pars, and had only one horrible hole, a double bogey where I hit every tree in sight. Made some good upshots with my River and Buzzz, and knocked down a couple of longish putts. Playing again on Sunday morning and will get to try out my new Banshee with some forehands.

Haven't posted in here in quite some time:

Went out today and tried out the grip that Sidewinder22 posted in someone else's help thread, with great results. Drives were going out further than usual with a great amount of accuracy (more than I'm used to) - AND to top it off, my putting was pretty phenomenal, given how it's been all over the board lately.

Putts. Were. Stuck.

To top it off, instead of having either "decent/good/acceptable drives and HORRENDOUS putting" or vice versa, I had a great mix of both for a change, which really boosted moral. Can't wait to get back out and do some more work. :hfive:

Played a few courses in the DFW area. Had a good round to start the day off at my normal home course. Then went and played the other course in town and did horrible. I played a round with a friend about an hour later and did even worse. Should have quit while I was ahead. Oh well. At least I was able to get a few rounds in today.

Sometimes I think as the day goes on my form starts to get worse. Maybe I should start exercising more to help me sustain a longer day of playing.

My mid-range game has been getting really good over the last week though.

Two weeks without disc golf hadn't helped, my hyzerflip touch from previous rounds was MIA, though headwinds didn't help matters. Not a single birdie-look on the first round. Second round started better, for about a second. First teeshot was perfect angle of disc, perfect height and enough power to get to the bucket. Problem? Hitting the one line that meant going square into the one tree on the way. Bogey on that one, then OB, turn and burn and some putts on the second left me +6 after two, needless to say care-o-meter for the rest of the round wasn't really all that high. Managed to keep my birdie-streak alive at least, but that's about the only upside from today. Then again, despite being +6 after two holes and my friend +0, only lost the second round by one stroke...

I had fun! I shot only one under par, but I made it within 45' of the basket on all but 3 of the holes, giving myself lots of birdie opportunities. I wasn't making my long putts, but I made some decently tough comeback putts. Other than a double bogey and one other "saved a 4" hole, it was a nice round. My Teebird is convincing me I need to throw more forehands with it, my Meteor is gonna become a staple of my bag, my Polecat's awesome, my Z Crank is solid both FH and BH, and I really like my 175g champ Tern.

I never post in here because my answer is usually "like crap" but shot even at Pier Park with three birds all on holes I almost never get, and was throwing 20-30 ft father than I normally do. Kick ass morning. Fun last round before the winter layout goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.