• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Jesse B 707 said:
Midnightbiker said:
The Good: I finally broke the 300ft mark with my favorite disc!

The bad: The wind. Today it sucked.
that bad wind was most likely the reason you broke 300.......and all of your practice of course :wink:

I hit 300 Saturday, and the wind was light. The wind sucked today 25mph +.

Midnightbiker said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Midnightbiker said:
The Good: I finally broke the 300ft mark with my favorite disc!

The bad: The wind. Today it sucked.
that bad wind was most likely the reason you broke 300.......and all of your practice of course :wink:

I hit 300 Saturday, and the wind was light. The wind sucked today 25mph +.
I see, i love playing in strong wind though, if you can get it under your disc you can really add some big d

Darn, almost hit my first ace for the 2nd time this week. The first was a few days ago, 240ft. hole, hit the chains, and it spit through the other side. The 2nd was today, short hole at 190ft., hit the chains but a little too far to the left side, so it flew through. Hope my luck lands me one soon.

Bad Gots to go to Columbus (Ohio) tomorrow to take care of some business

Good Might get to play Griggs Reservoir while I'm there (never played it before)

The Good: 4 Birdies at Grand Woods today.
The Bad: Lost to my coworker by 5 strokes anyway.
The Ugly: Hit 3 Double Bogies to finish +7. (this mighta had something to do withthe bad :wink: )

Good: played pretty well in the Turkey Shoot this past Saturday...didn't cash, but won $82 in the ace pot throw-off
Bad: I owed money to the guys I traveled with, so my $82 turned into $12 almost immediately :lol:
Ugly: Lost my champ whippet-x while practicing spike anhyzer distance shots :( :x :cry:

Beetard said:
Bad Gots to go to Columbus (Ohio) tomorrow to take care of some business

Good Might get to play Griggs Reservoir while I'm there (never played it before)

Ugly. Didn't get to play. What a load of crap.

the good: Shot my best round at my local course ever -1.
the bad: 3 stupid bogeys
the ugly: the 5 missed birdie putts which hit top or bottom of the basket. Could of killed my personel best.

Good- I think I figured out my putting problem. I was playing a duece or die course and was -2 after 12 then birdied the last 6 to end up -8, which included 2 60ft putts and a deuce on a 460 footer

Good: A lit golf course around here agreed to let us set up a temp 9 holer so everyone can play at night

bad: threw a thumber with my champ Xcal that slowly rolled into the water.

Ugly: the drop-off at that bank, I am not seeing that disc again.

Good: Just finished assembling our last 4 home-made baskets for the 9 hole course we've been setting up at my dad's house.

Bad: Lots of small trees still have to be cleared for 2 of the holes before they are playable.

Ugly: The broken gear on my dad's chainsaw that has to be replaced before we can clear said trees.

DGDAVE said:
Good- I think I figured out my putting problem. I was playing a duece or die course and was -2 after 12 then birdied the last 6 to end up -8, which included 2 60ft putts and a deuce on a 460 footer

I wouldn't call a 460' hole a deuce or die, but to each his own. :).

Well, that's the one hole that's 3 job. I did bust an awesome roller, which I never do.

The good: pic below. I decided to get a little searching in before the lakes froze.
The bad: The lakes froze soon after. No more for a while.

DSCN0263.jpg

Nice grab! You've still got some time to search yet though...

Once they freeze, wait till there's about 2-3" of CLEAR ice. Walk around on a sunny day, look down, chip a hole & get a disc.

pd

pointdisc said:
Nice grab! You've still got some time to search yet though...

Once they freeze, wait till there's about 2-3" of CLEAR ice. Walk around on a sunny day, look down, chip a hole & get a disc.

pd

In theory that would work, except that I find these in at least 3' of water. I may try again tomorrow. It was warm enough today the ice probably melted.

Works great and I've done it. Gets cold w/ your arm (good for about 3' deep), but go get one of those old-person grabber extend-an-arm contraptions (and bring a towel or two if you do it).

pd

Good: Took 3rd at the B tier I just played

Bad: First round put me out of reach of first

Ugly: Second round I was comparing how I was playing to the guy who was in first after the first round. I was keeping track to myself of his score relative to mine, and I should've finished 3-4 strokes better than him...yet the scorecard - which was never given to me to put my initials on after the round, has him 1 stroke better than me.

Either way it wouldn't have put me in 2nd, but that's seriously some crap.

Good: Played a round a temp course today with former world-champ Steve Wisecup. It was really eye-opening to see how little effort he could put into his rollers/big distance anhyzers and the distances that ensued. I was also reminded that when throwing a drive, it's not just about getting down the distance, but it also matters how you get there - that is, how important it is to evaluate the risk/reward of the lines you're considering and not just always go straight at the pin. Also, we got our new bag tags for 2009 and I drew #1!

The bad: Lost my perfectly beat Z-Predator in the lake. Bummer.

the ugly: My score! +11 for 18 holes? Even on a course I've never played, which is slightly longer than what I'm used to, it's a disappointing score. Hole lengths don't matter when you're giving up strokes inside 100' ! Silver lining? Lot's to work on..

Bad: absolutely TANKED at a one-day B-Tier this past weekend! 25mph sustained wind with gusts around 40-45mph make me look like a first-timer...my first round was rated 899, which put me in last place :(

I managed to have a 2nd round that was only a slightly below mediocre, and ended up in 8th from last...better than dead last I guess :D

Ugly: some of the nasty rolls that the wind was causing! I had one that cleared an OB creek by at least 70-80' then got picked up and rolled all the way back into the water. Another player had a disc that was laying flat on the ground that got picked up by the wind and started rolling...ended up a good 150' back from where it was sitting. Ridiculous!

Good: bought some sweet discs from a buddy of mine who doesn't play anymore....CE Firebird FX, Big Bird Ranch Roc, and a Ching Roc (all in good shape) for $20 :D

Moral of the story...learn to putt in the wind!!!