• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I would agree, Atom and Pilot in Electron Medium are very similar. I think the Pilot is a little bit more glide, and the turn and fade phases seem to happen sooner to each other than the ATom, the Gyro keeps the atom kinda locked. Late flight Atom probably has a harder fade, but the Pilot has a longer smaller smoother fade? It's so close its hard to really say.

I actually prefer to throw the Atom and Putt Pilot, my main putters are actually Pa4 Pa3, but i switched out for the pilot to test. so far so good tho

I would probably rate a Fresh Electron Atom: 4/3/0/1 lightly worn Electron Atom: 4/3/-0.75/0.5 - Fresh Pilot 3.5/3.5/-0.5/1
Proton Atom 4/3/0/1 solid

To the point: Pilot is in the bag.

I went through some changes in my bag and switched up putters. Finally found the one in the Pilot. I ordered 4 more for approach and putting.

I feel thats a good idea of course. For some reason I thought I'd love firmer baseline plastics but find they spit/bounce out of the basket more. I actually am surprised by how solid the E-medium pilots feel, i was worried it would be too gummy, same with the Neutron Trace, way more solid than I thought it would be.

I hope Streamline releases a laser straight fairway next. something like a Rival or TL or FD...XL or F5, haha basically those are the fairways I've gone through for straight duties. all are nice, all have different qualities. i say mix them all together to make 1 baller Streamline disc

Pilot is the putter I've been looking for. Now I need more.

So if you're interested in the contents of my practice basket -- 4 Daggers, Shield, 2 beat Atoms, Crossfire, Rhyno, Aviar, Anode -- let me know. :)

I have this problem. I love the pilot, but don't like pink putters. Like pink for drivers, just not putters. Idk why. So of course my 2 blind orders were pink. Than I went and bought another pink one because it was max weight with red stamp.

God, why can't people restock so I can maybe get some greys.

Except the theory.

Id give up the theory before the crave.

I have this problem. I love the pilot, but don't like pink putters. Like pink for drivers, just not putters. Idk why. So of course my 2 blind orders were pink. Than I went and bought another pink one because it was max weight with red stamp.

God, why can't people restock so I can maybe get some greys.

Id give up the theory before the crave.

Pink putters pound, prod
prone panniers profoundly, put
projectiles putt, putt.

Here's a haiku to make you feel better about pink pilots.

i dropped that for the spin and never looked back. just think once theres electron vectors there will be no need for any other midrange.

As someone who has an electron vector, and loves vectors, it can't replace the matrix. But I do hope it replaces my theory. I have it beat almost to the theory right now. I'm guessing a lot, in fact most, people won't go that route because the E vector does beat in very fast. So it will be an expensive cycle.

I've been throwing the Pilot since it released and find it absolute money for tailwind/relatively calm headwind drives and upshots. For drives, she pops right up from a hyzer release and locks onto a line to a predictable finish. For upshots, the negative turn allows me to back off the speed a bit and just deliver a controllable, smooth throw toward the pin. I like how it hooks up on a line and keeps going with very little fade at all.

My question to everyone else; have you found different colors of Pilots to have different stability characteristics? I have a medium purple that I received as a tester that is still flying pretty true to its new form, and I have 2 white medium Pilots that I feel broke in a bit faster than my purple and turn a bit more. They all have the same number of throws and abuse. Am I crazy? I'll accept that I am with no problem. Conclusion though, I don't putt with them yet but these things are money. I can't believe how many times I'm running an approach shot from way outside the circle and hitting metal or making them.

https://youtu.be/0EAtHF1we4c

I have two pilots of different color but haven't thrown the red one I got yet. The pink one I have been using is your basic -1/1. I have noticed a lot less front rim hits since I starting putting it full time...

I'm gonna have a prelude to this by saying I am a long time MVP/Axiom supporter and haven't thrown a disc of theirs that I find poorly designed, made, or finished.
That being said, I just got a trace in the mail (167, neutron) and it is perhaps the worst disc I've ever received as far as quality control goes. The dome is collapsed and had two parts that are bulged up in the middle, part of the rim dips down (like it's bent) and the plastic has gray swirls in the middle of it. The stamp has been chipped off at some spots and others it wasn't even printed on. Now I'm not trying to diss Streamline or MVP/Axiom, but what gives?

2B87C7EC-41E7-48C5-93F1-BC43D561D8C5_zpshcvywt3j.jpg

37BBAC30-15C1-4AE7-BE03-BBFD78E33584_zpsqcgp5i7l.jpg

You can kinda see the grey streaks in there... pics don't really do it justice
4BA9CB17-6E1A-48E7-9F38-877020E67BC0_zpsz3gqwf7b.jpg

All sorts of wonky angles in that one
C18A574A-BB85-40AD-8122-1AC235F7DE70_zps3qgdletm.jpg

That shows the bent wing... hard to tell but the wing is bent on the left side, the right side is where the majority of the wing rests

Latest posts