• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I love the Trace. Super flat top. The plastic is stiffer and slicker than Star but that seems to give it more glide without sacrificing it's wind fighting attributes. I usually bag Wraiths as my max distance drivers, but the Trace has a spot right next to them and always flies farther.

If anyone has any they'd like to get rid of let me know.
Do you know anything about the atrocities your username implies?

i couldnt find a dedicated thread for the trace,im looking for more info but not much info out there about flight comparisons to other popular drivers out there.

1. how does the depth and overall grip of the trace feel? i throw outlaws and gladiators as my DD now and those are very comfortable for me.
2. how does the trace fly between the 2 plastics out of the box?
3. what spot are users currently using these for in their distance area of their bag?

TIA

i couldnt find a dedicated thread for the trace,im looking for more info but not much info out there about flight comparisons to other popular drivers out there.

1. how does the depth and overall grip of the trace feel? i throw outlaws and gladiators as my DD now and those are very comfortable for me.
2. how does the trace fly between the 2 plastics out of the box?
3. what spot are users currently using these for in their distance area of their bag?

TIA

From my use of the Trace, it is a fairly flat (Some have dome), medium depth driver. It is a speed 11, flies fairly close to a star wraith. The neutron has a bit more turn out of the box, but neither are at all flippy. I used mine, albeit for a short time, as a distance driver with a good amount of accuracy. Proton definitely holds up in headwind better than neutron, but both will fade back in a headwind. Neutron just turns out mire than proton when thrown in a headwind. My proton was a 170, my neutron was a 167, both of mine were flat. Hope this helps Booter.

Comparison with a star wraith is very accurate. Nice medium depth rim feel with good distance potential. Slight variation in dome like said above. Not absolute max distance but very good feel and control for most golf distance lines

The sparkle protons I've seen were jiffy pop domey. Don't know if they're all like that, but the stack they had at The Nati were.

I've received two pop top Neutrons, both 173-174, that were probably 11/6/-1/2 and absolutely crushed. One of them is lost (overthrew a 409 foot hole into fenced jungle abyss, it was 425 to the fence where it went out) the other one is still flying. Most others are slightly domey to flat and have a mild turn and decent fade. Protons have noticeably a touch less glide in my experience but are better in the wind.

I left out my favorite part of this disc though. The plastic feels great. Neutron has always been one of my favorite plastics but without mvp's overmold it feels like slightly worn in Star plastic and it's great out of the box

A fairly OS mid like a Buzzz OS would be a good move. Also a slow putter, something more brick/lid-ish than the pilot as the pilot is a faster thinner putter, and MVP doesn't have a slow brick upshot disc.

New Molds?

With MVPs pace in releasing molds (and Axiom not too far behind) I figured we'd be seeing more than we have from Streamline. I hope they hit this plan pretty hard, so far so good.

What would really be interesting is if Streamline produced solo molds of some of the MVP/ Axiom line-ups. The Re-Volt!

A fairly OS mid like a Buzzz OS would be a good move. Also a slow putter, something more brick/lid-ish than the pilot as the pilot is a faster thinner putter, and MVP doesn't have a slow brick upshot disc.

Maybe we could get the DGCR lid made by Streamline. Seems like I remember the head of this project doing some artwork for MVP...
Just saying.

Come full circle on these.
Beat up a 173 domey Neutron and boy does it bomb, and with ease. Can't wait till it gets super beat and hyzer flips to a shallow turnover and holds it to the ground, it's going to absolutely crush. Gonna use these as my main drivers with Nitro and energy for FH drives, flex shots, hyzer bombs and headwinds. The domey ones are absolute $$$ and all the 172-174s I've seen have had dome. If anyone has a domey one they wanna part with feel free to hit me up as well, especially if it's really light and flippy... ;)

Two things -

One - Very cleaver on Streamline with the Trace of Hearts in Plasma plastic. It's almost too cleaver.

Two - I see that Disc Store's monthly membership for the month of March is a new release Streamline disc. It looks like plasma plastic, and kinda like a mid from the top view. Here's the link

Two things -

Two - I see that Disc Store's monthly membership for the month of March is a new release Streamline disc. It looks like plasma plastic, and kinda like a mid from the top view. Here's the link

Nice catch. I saw this and reached out to DiscMember, and they just confirmed it is a plasma trace, and are updating their ads to specify. They did also confirm the shirt will be a streamline shirt, not mvp. Stickers and wristband are still mvp

Nice catch. I saw this and reached out to DiscMember, and they just confirmed it is a plasma trace, and are updating their ads to specify. They did also confirm the shirt will be a streamline shirt, not mvp. Stickers and wristband are still mvp

Damn. I was kinda hoping for the single shot mid from the MVP boys. Oh well.

:popcorn:

Latest posts