• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Summer Sun: Sunglasses, Hats, thoughts

When the sun is out do you wear:

• Sunglasses

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • Hat

Votes: 84 34.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Both

Votes: 92 37.7%

• Total voters
I always wear both while playing and I've never had any problems putting with my shades on. Then again they're prescription sunglasses so I couldn't take them off to putt if I wanted to. I have noticed that its harder to spot my discs when they wind up in the schule.

I wear a Tilley- style hat or a cap always on the course. Its usually hot enough/bright enough here to need one. I never wear sunglasses. The world was conquered by men with no such contraptions haha.

I wear sunglasses pretty much as all times, even if it's overcast, but that's due to photic sneeze reflex.

A friend of mine wears fishing glasses. Don't have feedback on how it works with his game, but they're money for seeing discs through creek or pond water.

I wear sunglasses pretty much as all times, even if it's overcast, but that's due to photic sneeze reflex.

A friend of mine wears fishing glasses. Don't have feedback on how it works with his game, but they're money for seeing discs through creek or pond water.

"photic sneeze reflex"... does that mean you sneeze when you walk outside and its sunny? cuz that happens to me every day, is that what that is??

"photic sneeze reflex"... does that mean you sneeze when you walk outside and its sunny? cuz that happens to me every day, is that what that is??

Yep. I'm sensitive enough to it that sometimes inside lights make me sneeze.

I wear both almost every day. You get used to it. Try taking the glasses off to putt.

This is why I don't wear glasses (hat only). We have few non-shaded courses wear I play, and having the glasses off/on would be too distracting. A good ball cap is all I need.

I used to use neither when I played. Now I wear both all the time. A nice pair of polarized shades makes disc spotting in water easier too.

I prefer to not get cancer of the brain due to my lack of coverage up top so it's a hat 100% of the time. Sunglasses when it's sunny also. I hate UV rays. The trick is finding a pair that fit comfortably and will stay on whilst driving with noodle arm and spastic run-up. Also some scratch resistance for when they go in the bag when it's cloudy or the OK wind speeds drop below 20 mph and I don't have to watch for flying debris in my eye holes.

Sunglasses always when Im outdoors. They are prescription & are a lightweight sports style. I used to wear a Ray-Ban type but they were heavier & would sometimes fly off during throwing.

I hate bright sunlight. I walk from shade to shade and often aim shots to land in the shade.

I wear sunglasses unless it is overcast or late in the day. I have never noticed distortions from sunglasses whether I had cheap or expensive shades. If the pair fits they don't bother my throws or fall off. I don't even notice them unless they fog up.

I use baseball hats or big floppy hats depending on the day but I have to take them off to throw drives (or they come off and fall in the dirt) and I need to take the big hats off to putt because they mess with my accuracy.

One of the problems I have with hats in heavy rain/snow storms is that I can't putt with them on. If I take a hat on and off to throw my throwing hand gets wetter and my towels get wetter (from mopping off the liquid from my face and handling the hat). So unless conditions get pretty bad I go without a hat in most precipitation.

I hate tan lines, so if its sunny I will not only be without sunglasses and a hat, I'm usually shirtless as well.

Prescription glasses (med-dark tint) and a baseball cap.

I always wear a baseball cap (usually the Nationals curly W), and on most days will have sunglasses too. The sunglasses generally spend more time on the brim of my hat than on my face though. I generally only wear them between throws.

I've been wearin a giant sun hat. No glasses because I'm not a fan of the raccoon eyes look. Not too much golf being played here though lately, it's been floating near 110 out all week.

Latest posts