• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Ah, another Catamount. Nice, active DG club/team there now, and a pretty nice course. And of course WCU offers a for-credit disc golf course, not a ton of those out there.

wish they had that when i was there!

Oh snap I didn't realize you were a Catermount, kinda explains some things (especially the beard, is that a graduation requirement?) I could say Go App for my mom but dear old dad was a Catamount (yes they're divorced.)

back to the good questions; what do you throw for your famous grenade shots? Zone? or something else. also could you kindly teach us Ams how to use the grenade?

Oh snap I didn't realize you were a Catermount, kinda explains some things (especially the beard, is that a graduation requirement?) I could say Go App for my mom but dear old dad was a Catamount (yes they're divorced.)

back to the good questions; what do you throw for your famous grenade shots? Zone? or something else. also could you kindly teach us Ams how to use the grenade?

i usually throw a ridiculously understable driver. Its a funky one to learn and it can tear up your thumb when you do it wrong!! I'll go into more detail tomorrow as i've had an adult beverage or two tonight and i dont want you guys ripping your thumbs to pieces when i forget something important!!!! :D

I know I've had a blast reading this thread. Hope you'll visit every so often.

i will try to keep up with this! So think of some questions and i'll make up something that sounds good! :)

I'll answer stuff to the best of my ability in all honesty

Grenades are a great shot to learn IMO, especially when there are lots of walls of trees

Local dude here turned me on to a cool variation of the grenade. For a shortish up shot to a downhill basket, where the slope gets steeper past the basket, does sort of a line drive little grenade right at the lock with a soft putter. He's got a floppy vibram that's like a piece of bologna. Basically takes blowing by the basket out of the equation.

Looking forward to hearing the finer points of throwing a big one, since I've tried a couple and yeah, thumb-sting-y

I'll answer stuff to the best of my ability in all honesty

mj, a couple of player related questions if you don't mind. first off i really enjoyed that first clash dvd which had bonus stuff of you and a very young david wiggins jr tearing up a course!

what is your assessment of wiggins ability now? also, do you enjoy playing against him? i know he didn't take the route that ricky wysocki took after the '10 ams of constant touring and playing.

what's it like to play against 'the champ' ken climo? what was your impression of him and his ability the very first time you played against him?

what are some of the things that some pros do during a round that drives you bonkers, or that just really screws up a round for you?

what is the absolute best round that you have personally witnessed? either playing in your group or watching the action?

i appreciate your time and effort here in the forum. i truly admire your smooth, flowing throws and it cracks me up when you throw a great shot and just walk away from the tee without seeing where it lands (although i'm sure you know you 'nailed' it already!)

best of luck with that hip injury.

Hey MJ, I had the pleasure of meeting you at Eastway at the Womens Global Event I was cadding for my girl Felicia also at the Azelea. Couple of questions.
I got the chance to get paired up with Jeb Bryant last month at our monthly, one thing I noticed he did that I was lacking was getting more spin on the disc. So now I've been working on trying to get more spin on the disc. Do you have any drills or advice on this?
What Innova disc would compare to a comet?
How about coming to New Bern for the New years Ripper? I believe the dates are Jan. 26,27. We would love to have you, and I'm sure your pals Schwebby, Terry G, and Wiggins will be there. The course is in great shape.
Definitely my favorite thread of the year!!!
Thanks,
Ted

You should come to the Minnesota Majestic this year if you have a chance! I feel your comet would tear up some of these courses (BRP/Kaposia). If you decide to make the trip, you will have a place to stay right here! Good luck with the coming year and rehabbing the hip.

Love the sig, MJ... The going gets tough from the get go. ;)

Here's a question, if a rec player such as myself happened to be in the Charlotte area next week, would you stoop to play a round or two?

Latest posts