• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hello MJ, I've been throwing some plastic here in the woods of Sweden for about a year now. How would you recommend to set up a bag of discs?

When playing more of your golf in tight, wooded courses I recommend going with more less stable discs. Generally I will use more fairway drivers and mids on wooded tracks

Like wow MJ bogey free at Idlewild???... I don't even understand how that is even possible. Even great shots there can wind up in really bad places, did you have some luck along the way, or were you just completely in the zone?

Like wow MJ bogey free at Idlewild???... I don't even understand how that is even possible. Even great shots there can wind up in really bad places, did you have some luck along the way, or were you just completely in the zone?

I had some really good scrambles to save par today and got lucky on my tee shot on hole 8. Other than that it was just taking what the course gave me and not over doing it

MJ, have you thrown the new Ace Race disc? Thoughts?

I have thrown them a little bit. I think they will be a pretty good disc, especially for the ace race set ups. Think this one will get a very good reception from people

I have thrown them a little bit. I think they will be a pretty good disc, especially for the ace race set ups. Think this one will get a very good reception from people

What would you compare it to? I bag a comet now, pretty similar?

Would it ever make your bag?

What would you compare it to? I bag a comet now, pretty similar?

Would it ever make your bag?

I'm not sure if it would make my bag, would need to throw it more. It's a lot like a breeze was, but with a bead so it has a come back to the end of its shot.

MJ, could you give us an idea of the general opinion of the pros on Idlewild? Last year a few big names skipped it. This year twice as many did. If another handful decide it is too hard to be fun and skip it next year I worry the whole thing could fizzle out.

What is your impression of what your peers think of having Idlewild as a annual tour stop?

MJ, could you give us an idea of the general opinion of the pros on Idlewild? Last year a few big names skipped it. This year twice as many did. If another handful decide it is too hard to be fun and skip it next year I worry the whole thing could fizzle out.

What is your impression of what your peers think of having Idlewild as a annual tour stop?

I personally love this course and the challenges that it presents. I think part of it is just the schedule. This year it happened to be going against some European events and is also in the middle of the dgpt, so I think some players are picking and choosing which ones suit their game better than other stops.
In the long run this event should be good to go, enough player really enjoy the mental fortitude it takes to really put together a full round on this course. For me I would like having more course of this level to play

Congrats on a top 5 finish on one of the more technical and beastly courses out there. Was fun watching that banger and comet weave through the woods.

I know you aren't huge on travelling around a whole lot, but do you have the desire to one day head over to Europe for a few events / play a few courses?

Congrats on a top 5 finish on one of the more technical and beastly courses out there. Was fun watching that banger and comet weave through the woods.

I know you aren't huge on travelling around a whole lot, but do you have the desire to one day head over to Europe for a few events / play a few courses?

Maybe as a part of a vacation and play an event and some courses. Doesn't really make sense to me to do it otherwise at this point financially speaking

MJ,

Most recent ace (course, disc, distance) and what is your most memorable ace?

What is no clue, no clue and no clue. Lol. Don't really keep up with aces too much anymore.

Most memorable was finally getting an ace at Bracketts Bluff after 10 years of playing there and being the first to get the original troll hole! Don't ask me what number it is, there have been way too many layouts to even come up with that. Plus I got this one in front of my best friend

Would be sweet if Discraft could send you and some other team members to represent.
Maybe as a part of a vacation and play an event and some courses. Doesn't really make sense to me to do it otherwise at this point financially speaking

MJ, did you stick with the mantis for longer shots at Idlewild? Or what was your go to disc like on the 2nd shot on 12 where you needed a little more D in a tight fairway?

MJ; do you bag an overstable mid or putter?

If so, what?
If not, why?
Or what is the most stable short range disc you carry?

Seems these days everyone has some sort of short meat-hook in their bags, but I don't recall you mentioning one.

MJ; do you bag an overstable mid or putter?

If so, what?
If not, why?
Or what is the most stable short range disc you carry?

Seems these days everyone has some sort of short meat-hook in their bags, but I don't recall you mentioning one.
I think he is bagging the zone

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk