• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THE DEFINITIVE PORTABLE BASKET THREAD

just got 3 DGA M-14s from "discgolfbasketstore" on Ebay shipped to my door for $120 each. dude is superfast and i am extremely happy with them. they snap together with a metal push button/pin and are super easy to move. made out of metal and can take a pretty hard hit. only bad thing is you can get a spit through putt, but for the price they are excellent.
Thanks for this post (for vendor name), got a M14 for $125 shipped (dent and ding, they say just the box is damaged).

~omni

I was saving for a Mach Lite, but picked up a Ching Skillshot from Craigslist for $60. Guess I have $80 to blow on plastic now. Sweeeet.

I do think I need to add a set of inner chains though. I've seen some examples here, looks like zip ties are the most common way to do it. Anyone have advice on this?

I have the Mach Lite in Blue. I have never shot on any of the other prosumer baskets on the market but I love the Mach Lite.
IMG_1303.jpg

It's easy to move and create your own holes!
IMG_1336-1.jpg

Who knows, you might just get and Ace!
IMG_1338-1.jpg

I have a question for those of you with Innova Discatcher Sports, are your chains really springy. It seems like my chains don't hang very loose, they are rather stiff and springy. Most of the time when I hit the chains dead on it spits my disc right back out. I do intend on adding another inner set to stop my discs from going clean through, but I don't think that will help the springy chains at all. does number of links have anything to do with this?

just looking for some help?

I'm trying to decide between the instep basket, and the DGA M-14. I've used my friends instep basket, and they could definitely use an inner set of chains, also they are a little wobbly. I'm leaning toward the M-14 as it looks sturdier than the instep, but the complaints of spit-outs is what makes me hesitant about buying one of these. So I figure that either one I buy, I'd have to buy some more chain, and if I buy the instep, I'm thinking of buying a set of phenix quads with the money saved, and I'd probably have to strengthen the pin on the basket. Which option should I choose?

I have a question for those of you with Innova Discatcher Sports, are your chains really springy. It seems like my chains don't hang very loose, they are rather stiff and springy. Most of the time when I hit the chains dead on it spits my disc right back out. I do intend on adding another inner set to stop my discs from going clean through, but I don't think that will help the springy chains at all. does number of links have anything to do with this?

Not sure @ springy chains...is your basket new? If so, maybe the chains just need some "play".
FWIW, I own 2 sports, and have added a set of inner chains to one of them.
Although they both caught fine, I never really experienced what you are talking about...
Sorry for the non-answer...

I've never had spit out problems with mine, even when throwing 100-150' approach shots. It seems to catch just as good as any other basket I've used. I haven't even bothered to add a second set of chains.

dont tell the wife

I have :

tri state extra chains with yellow plastic ones still

ching (when I bought it ) skill shot

2 innova travelers ( first run with issues )
my friend called them and they sent him a used newer version

In step - added chains

Mach Lite

Liberty 24 chain ( on layaway )

all work fine as long as they are getting used

next christmas
full innova chainstar with wheel
got to solve that chasity belt issue

skillshot all the way...portable enough, catches great and has stood up well in the elements thus far

I have :

tri state extra chains with yellow plastic ones still

ching (when I bought it ) skill shot

2 innova travelers ( first run with issues )
my friend called them and they sent him a used newer version

In step - added chains

Mach Lite

Liberty 24 chain ( on layaway )

all work fine as long as they are getting used

next christmas
full innova chainstar with wheel
got to solve that chasity belt issue

i don't think you have to worry about us. you seem pretty sneaky as you are already somehow hiding 6 baskets from you old lady

The OP says the instep has 12 chains, but mine all have 14 chains. Did they change the design?

I added inner chains on mine and it helps with spit throughs and a little with spit outs, but you still can't hit high on the chains, even dead center. Sliders are needed on the outer chains. I think the M14 has sliders, so I would take that into account in comparing the baskets.

this list was compiled in 2010. Some baskets are out of production and some have changed. I will check on the instep, but I have a new list in a power point that has the old and new Innova traveler specs

Gonna use some tax money on a basket for the backyard. Leaning towards a DGA M-14 but would really love a chainstar with the portable base. Can anyone give some first hand experience on these and is it worth the extra money to get the chainstar? Portable is a must but doesn't have to be easily portable if you know what I mean. I need it to be able to move but don't plan on moving it much.