• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

i personally feel the lucids have more glide over the bio. this has been the case for my suspects, truths and escapes.

Cool cool. I got a max weight bio to compliment my lighter lucid and if it has a lil less glide and is somewhat OS that'd be great. My lucid is starting to shoe some real nice high speed turn for longer bombs. Of course that could be the LED i put on it as I've beeb playing glow........ it gets dark out now........

Rusco told me yesterday they will still be releasing an overstable compliment to the escape. I don't know what speed or anything else but the release of the saint pro is not going to stop them from filling gaps they want to . Before that though a more understable driver than the renegade that is not as fast.

So that could actually be the understable compliment to the escape. I'd hope for a speed 8 or 9 underworld like disc. Something that is a roller or turnover when new for better players and a straight beginner driver for new amateurs.

Id like to see those drivers.... of course these compliment will have a real tough time kicking out my roadrunner and PD. The DD discs fly so nice tho and i dig the plastic so i would give em a fightin chance.

Can you use LEDs, or glow only?

i can do whatever i want-i run the local glow series ;)
but i am just kind of a glow plastic guy

(if i have extra time i will put red or uv leds on the glow discs also)

i have a big ass uv light (for curing windshield repair epoxy) in my bag
so the discs are good and bright when i pull one out :thmbup:

Attachments

• 2012-11-23_05-49-49_557.jpg
    2012-11-23_05-49-49_557.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 43
I just want.a moonshine saint for glow rounds
But they start on Nov 1 st
So I am going to get a moonshine escape for now
I want a saint pro also, but I will wait until the.dust settles a little

just picked up my new moonshine escape today
played 25ish holes using it a lot
feels/flys great, just like a brand new opto saint
i didnt throw it side by side with my saint, but boy are they similar
close enough that i would not bag both
but i do like it :thmbup:

I'm supper pumped about my escapes. I have one in fuzion plastic and the other in moonshine. I don't have a big BH arm, so they are perfect distance drivers for me. Mine seem to stay pretty stable when I throw them. But they are brand new and I haven't thrown them to much but I have noticed that for a 9 speed disc they go the distance. I've never thrown a disc that speed that for that amount of distance. I'm excited to have them in my bag.

just picked up my new moonshine escape today
played 25ish holes using it a lot
feels/flys great, just like a brand new opto saint
i didnt throw it side by side with my saint, but boy are they similar
close enough that i would not bag both
but i do like it :thmbup:

I found the moonshine escape to be a little bit more OS than a new opto saint. However, in other plastics the escapes and saints are VERY similar. My lucid and fuzion escapes fly the same flight lines as my opto saint. The moonshine escape has a bit less turn.

I just got an escape in the mail to try out. Gonna send it back though. Its a beautiful looking disc, but it has a bit of a dome to it. And the fusion is slick as all hell. Not like my other GL plastic that I have.

Revive, ye olde thread!

I have been doing a lot of form work recently, and my escapes are flying very differently than they used to. I was having a lot of trouble turning these over on 320'-340' shots, and was extremely disappointed. The two I have are 167g, and 174g bio escapes. Lately however, I've been pushing them out to 360+ and they have just a little turn when thrown about 10'-15' off of the ground. Such cool discs. Thinking about picking up a lucid or moonshine just to try it out.

I also think that once I beat one of these in a bit there will no longer be Saints in my bag. I LOVE my saints, but they fly exactly like I expect my escapes to fly after another couple months of use. We shall see.

Revive, ye olde thread!

I have been doing a lot of form work recently, and my escapes are flying very differently than they used to. I was having a lot of trouble turning these over on 320'-340' shots, and was extremely disappointed. The two I have are 167g, and 174g bio escapes. Lately however, I've been pushing them out to 360+ and they have just a little turn when thrown about 10'-15' off of the ground. Such cool discs. Thinking about picking up a lucid or moonshine just to try it out.

I also think that once I beat one of these in a bit there will no longer be Saints in my bag. I LOVE my saints, but they fly exactly like I expect my escapes to fly after another couple months of use. We shall see.

I have a buddy (with similar power) who has done this; replaced Saints with Escapes. He prefers throwing a 16Xg Lucid for the Saint slot. After a couple of months of heavy use, it has a workable turn AND that Saint-esque forward fade.

He also bags some heavier (174g+) Bio's and Moonshines for the extra stability when needed...

Revive, ye olde thread!

Saints are my go to driver (i use moonshine Escape in my glow bag) , and at my 325' noodle power, my Saints much prefer a flat release 5'-15' off the ground.

Interesting comments thus far. I have three lucids. The disc won me over the first day I threw it. Within a week my TL discs were pulled. I throw these mainly as my straight/tunnel disc and rarely put them out over the 70-80% power range. Keeping them low they ground before fade really kicks in. This gives 250-300ft of straight flight. Very fun to watch when thrown right.

When I do slip up and give the disc extra power it will flex with turn and fade, but is still relatively straight in the end result. Only issue I have is that it flies too far. As others have mentioned, if you can't find it just keep walking until you do. Worst overshot so far was 60-70'.

I still bag a teebird. Not as long, but harder fade and better wind resistance. Even a light headwind has my escape turning off course.

I still bag a teebird. Not as long, but harder fade and better wind resistance. Even a light headwind has my escape turning off course.

I'm trying to decide what to bag alongside the escapes because they really don't handle headwind well at all. I'll throw them 360' with maybe 3' of high speed turn, but a 15 mph headwind just thrashes them. Not complaining, but I need to figure out what to throw for that slot.

Rivals, maybe? My strikers do a little better with headwind, but not much. A lot of times I end up crushing a Trident or powering down a Giant. I LOVE Tridents.

I'm trying to decide what to bag alongside the escapes because they really don't handle headwind well at all. I'll throw them 360' with maybe 3' of high speed turn, but a 15 mph headwind just thrashes them. Not complaining, but I need to figure out what to throw for that slot.

Rivals, maybe? My strikers do a little better with headwind, but not much. A lot of times I end up crushing a Trident or powering down a Giant. I LOVE Tridents.

Saint Pro

^^^x2

I have a Opto Saint Pro, Lucid Escape, and GL Saint.

To fill the very beefy slot, I also have a FLX Pred. Give me a whole range of OS to US all in the same speed range, and all can be powered up or down for very different shots.

E Mac signature edition

I have an E Mac signature Escape and I think it must me a lemmon. This disc does not act anything like the flight charts or you guys say. This thing starts going left as soon as it leaves my hand and goes on a consistant arc its entire flight path. I don't get any distance out of it either, maybe 300. Its great if I have a fairway on a downward slope with the same arc, which is rare.
I carry a Saint Pro, Northmans, and Swords. I have also used numerous Saints in the past and the E Mac is NOTHING like any of these discs. It reminds me of when I started out and I would try throwing the fastest speed disc I could find which was way too fast. Or in other words, like I can't get it up to speed.
Any suggestions? :confused: