• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The DGCR mold: lid geometries discussion

There is another reason to add the flight plate knurling and/or texture to the underside of the flight plate. It distinguishes this lid from all the others. From a marketing standpoint, that is powerful mojo. Look at what MVP did with the overmold.
Without something to make this disc unique, this will be seen as just a polecat clone.
The pattern you designed for the underside is very visually appealing. It makes the disc easy to identify even with custom stamps or artwork.
If you wanted to compromise with those whom are not fond of the texture, go with fine bead blasting, or fine knurling, for all 3.

I would definitely be open to the fine knurling on the bottom of the flight plate and inside of the rim. Not a fan of the thumb grips though. The texture on the inside is attractive for a thrower who prefers that, but will not be too much to keep someone from buying it who doesn't have a preference. I don't think the same can be said for the thumb grips.

I would definitely be open to the fine knurling on the bottom of the flight plate and inside of the rim. Not a fan of the thumb grips though. The texture on the inside is attractive for a thrower who prefers that, but will not be too much to keep someone from buying it who doesn't have a preference. I don't think the same can be said for the thumb grips.

I agree about the thumb grips not a fan, however if you have them in the disc you need to have one of them to have it so a lefty can grip the disc on the tacky side and use the thumb grip if they so chose to do so.

Good news.
I believe I found a way that I can print a proto for free.

The only catch is that I might have to print in 4 sections then glue them together. The guy is supposed to email me back about their biggest build envelope. Worst case scenario I have to epoxy the four sections together before I can throw it, NBD. Should be close enough.

Anyone else have luck finding a vendor that will print for free?

Are you just looking for a 3D print? If so, we can print it for you in our shop no charge but it will be in PLA. PLA is really rigid and breaks easily if you hit a tree or really smack the basket but it should give you a good approximation of feel and flight.

Are you just looking for a 3D print? If so, we can print it for you in our shop no charge but it will be in PLA. PLA is really rigid and breaks easily if you hit a tree or really smack the basket but it should give you a good approximation of feel and flight.

That would be awesome!

I had a source that was supposed to get me an ABS print from their FDM but it looks like they made get be flaking out on me.

Where can I send the file? PM me an address and I'll get it to you ASAP :)

Thanks again, you're a real life saver!

That would be awesome!

I had a source that was supposed to get me an ABS print from their FDM but it looks like they made get be flaking out on me.

Where can I send the file? PM me an address and I'll get it to you ASAP :)

Thanks again, you're a real life saver!

Hey no sweat 👍You can just email the files to [email protected] and I'll try to spin it up this week if I can.

Awesome awesome awesome.

the support material is a break-away design? Will they leave any artifacts to clean up? I have methods of post processing if needed. With our FDM machine we routinely have to remove artifacts with a ScotchBrite pad on a low speed angle grinder. Unfortunately our FDM is much too small for a one-shot print of this disc :( I/we really appreciate y'all helping us out!

Lookin' good!

Last edited:
I'm going to second that. Thank you, Ozone! Go out and throw some of their discs to say thank you. From my personal experience, the Andro C is a pretty neat disc, and well made, so I'm glad we have Ozone in our corner on this one now.

Wow, it looks interesting. It kind of reminds me of a Tensor which frightens me but it has dome so I dunno.

This looks awesome. Can't wait to see how they fly.