• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
next dyes outline ready to go. artwork drawn by yours truely lol

2011-09-13_19-57-39_757.jpg

dont mind the bubbles, i have a little bubble pushin to do. got most of them pushed away from the lines pretty good

so i assume this is a champ roc? i am a buzz thrower, but this is a great image. very original.

post the finished disc!!!

Crappy picture with my camcorder as my nice cam needs the shutter button repaired, but a nice clean DEEP RED U of Georgia disc. Dyed the back rim UGA red too.
6145631697_b9c80b5efa.jpg

THAT is a sweet design, austin! Looking forward to the finished product -- full-color?

so i assume this is a champ roc? i am a buzz thrower, but this is a great image. very original.

post the finished disc!!!

yea its on an old glow roc, one of the hole 7s

its gonna be full color, my first color actually. up till now its been all single color

im thinking about mixing the powdered dye with acetone and a little soap and painting it on(cause i do alot of painting), i think it would have a cool look to it. ill probably do the lightest color like that first and if i dont like it just dye it regular

i was actually thinking about doing a buzzz with bees stinging the bird to death. if this turns out well ill have to do that!

Last edited:
There's an inherent risk to posting a fully masked disc, hope those patches hold ;). I do like the design and have 2 buzzz's in my bag so no favoritism here, nice work austin!

Bennett that's a great looking Bulldog, the camcorder shows the red nicely.

Tonight's fun, an all time favorite book.
FALsDSC_8833.jpg

There's an inherent risk to posting a fully masked disc, hope those patches hold ;). I do like the design and have 2 buzzz's in my bag so no favoritism here, nice work austin!

Bennett that's a great looking Bulldog, the camcorder shows the red nicely.

Tonight's fun, an all time favorite book.
FALsDSC_8833.jpg

i think they will, hopefully. the dye mix ive been using for my balcks is so strong it dyes totally black in less than 5 minutes so i dont think they'll fall off that quick. keepin my fingers crossed! and if they fall off thers only pin holes underneath, nothing big. 1 box black and 1 box navy in 2 liters of water is powerful stuff!

awesome dye by the way! great job

Actually the was two remasks that took place there is orange on the hoses on the base of his legs. It didn't take well on the gateway disc posted in the pic above, I'll take a pic of the other one I did for myself that the orange took better, star plastic.

Order of dye was as follow with a remask between each color,except the black:
Black
Orange
Gray
Blue

In retrospect I should have done the blue before the gray, because the blue pieces would have been easier to re-mask.

Last edited:
2011-09-14095430.jpg

It's my get out of trouble disc. For those times you are 200+ out still and having the throw still or from a knee. A 150 Valkyrie

:thmbup: Very nice work guys! Here is my first try at 3 colors (but just black and 2 shades of blue... no remasking) Did this one for my son who turned me on to this fine game last year. (star vulcan)
29.jpg

Another simple one. Utilized the warm liquid dye and shaving cream methods.
Oh, it's a champ beast...

Attachments

• bludbeast.jpg
    bludbeast.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.