• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

i lost my well seasoned 172 chartreuse s-pd in some nasty ivy and just about shit. looked for a long time with no luck.

so with tears in my eyes i pulled out my 150 s-pd on the next hole and wow. it had been months since i've thrown it and with a little snap it just seemed to jump out of my hand. i threw the 150 and my original 167 p-pd for the rest of the round and fell in love all over again.

bill said:
i lost my well seasoned 172 chartreuse s-pd in some nasty ivy and just about shit. looked for a long time with no luck.

so with tears in my eyes i pulled out my 150 s-pd on the next hole and wow. it had been months since i've thrown it and with a little snap it just seemed to jump out of my hand. i threw the 150 and my original 167 p-pd for the rest of the round and fell in love all over again.

What kind of power/distance do you have? I have never thrown anything lighter than 166, and a 150 sounds interesting as I am in the 325'ish power range.

bill said:

Id shit.if I lost my beat spd .that thing has been in the bag since last dec 09 :) . I feel for ya

Rogue9 said:
bill said:

What kind of power/distance do you have? I have never thrown anything lighter than 166, and a 150 sounds interesting as I am in the 325'ish power range.

i'm about a 350 golfer, give or take.

yeah booter, it's sad. i got ivy on my leg for my trouble.

bill said:
Rogue9 said:
bill said:

i'm about a 350 golfer, give or take.

How does the 150 fly in comparison to the heavier weights? Especially distance wise.

i don't notice any drop off in distance for any 150 class disc. it's just a different feel when you throw, timing etc. and the wind can be a little harsh sometimes.

but the s-pd is good in the wind and with a little hyzer the 150 still excels.

check this link for a ton of info- http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12061

bill said:
i don't notice any drop off in distance for any 150 class disc. it's just a different feel when you throw, timing etc. and the wind can be a little harsh sometimes.

check this link for a ton of info- http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12061

Drop off in distance? Shouldn't it go farther? My 167 S-PD is noticeably longer than my 175s. Undoubtedly the 150 is even longer.

others correct me if im wrong but 150 class arent meant to go farther...theyre to go as far as heavier weights just with less effort.though that comes with a saccrifice in wind resistance. Not saying they cant but thats not the intention of the lighter weights

Booter said:
others correct me if im wrong but 150 class arent meant to go farther...theyre to go as far as heavier weights just with less effort.though that comes with a saccrifice in wind resistance. Not saying they cant but thats not the intention of the lighter weights

Indeed, Booter. I was actually going to post the same. I have several 150 class S-PDs, ranging from 150-155g. These things are fun to crank and fly just like their heavier counterparts. Every year my buddies and I host our own 150 Class "tournament," and these things are staples in my 150 bag just like they are in my regular bag. One of the S-PDs now is seasoned enough where I get that sweet hyzer-flip/turnover. I love it too because you don't have to throw it hard and yet it goes almost the same distance. For me there definitely is a difference in consistent max distance when comparing the two different weights. I get my max weights out to 400+, but I don't trust the 150 classes to do the same consistently - especially if there is any crosswind or headwind. I usually put a little less sauce on them, and am perfectly happy with a predictable 350-370ft drive.

Any chance of getting P-PDs in a softer pro plastic? I'm a huge fan of the PD in all plastics. I'm also a huge fan of the Pro Leopard for all sorts of control/straight/turnover shots. All the pro leopards I've had are in a very similar plastic: flexible (but not floppy), great grip. They have a wear nicely too: you don't see too many big chunks coming out of them (unlike R-Pro and harder Pro blends, dx) and they hold their shape (unlike r-pro, dx). At the same time, they have better grip and glide than the hard pro or any of the premium plastics. To me, the plastic of the P-PD is a totally new thing. I've never seen any other innova produced "pro" plastic with that rigidity and grip. I like it, but...

I would really enjoy a P-PD in a softer blend (a al whatever's in the leopard, TL, etc). I would use it as a control/turnover driver. I suspect it would have a straighter/glidier finish than the current P-PD (which is already ridiculously glidy/straight).

Just bought a couple of the CFR mold, Production C-line PD's. They're both flat and weigh about 171g.

From my understanding these should be more stable than the regular production run C-Lines correct?

I'm looking for a meathook C-PD to duke it out with my Pred's as my wind fighting control driver.

Fizzy said:
bill said:

Drop off in distance? Shouldn't it go farther? My 167 S-PD is noticeably longer than my 175s. Undoubtedly the 150 is even longer.

This is true for me too.

I like the PD.

P1000214.JPG

Latest posts