• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

and the cfr pd in my bag is soooo sweet now. I can shape some sweet lines with it now and it's still my favorite into a head wind. $$$

Timko said:
The thing is my Red PD is getting so sneaky long; All of a sudden it's going 30'-50' farther on slight hyzer lines. I haven't been throwing a lot of flex shots or anhyzers for distance (most of the courses in KC are set up short), but I imagine it's going to absolutely bomb on long lines. However, I don't know if I'd trust it for the tight flex shot, which is what I want the yellow one in my bag.

Yeah, those reds are sneaky long...Longer than any other PDs I've thrown. The one that I lost had become my tailwind D driver because my Flows tend to be more stable than I want in a 10mph or more tailwind. I have a new red one that weighs 171 that I need to work with because every time I've thrown it on the course I've blown by my target by about 50'!

I love my yellows because they have very slow and gradual movement in the air. The one in my bag is getting broken in so that it has a little high speed turn, but it happens so slow I can still trust the disc to hold a hyzer and stay tight on a flex shot.

Im still loving my beat spd. Still domey n still bombs. Had it since dec 09? Yeah...goin on almost 2 yrs :)

I had some production cpds in the bag but I dont like that damn slant,even if its small. I went back to usng a fresh s for the stable wind pd again.

I like the production CPDs, especially the yellow ones. They fade like crazy, yet with so much glide. I can't say I've totally explored the limits of this disc, but it's been great in the wind. It penetrates farther before fading, and then fades harder than a new overstable SPD. I suspect that PLUS rims are a bit more gyroscopic...

I have a CFR DGR PD in my bag for overstable duties. It doesn't have the crazy glide discspeed is talking about, which means I normally use it for low shots thrown hard. If I need a hard fading glidy PD, I grab one of the 1st run S DGR PDs. However, I may pick up a yellow one now though :).

well the cfr dgr pd compared to the production cpd is flatter and more overstable. the productions have much more dome and arent as beefy as the flat ones. thats probably why you dont see the glide ds is talking about :)

oh yeah, my cfr's are much, much beefier than the production run. I find the production C-Lines to be a lot like a brand new S-line one with maybe a bit more LSS.

Timko said:
I have a CFR DGR PD in my bag for overstable duties. It doesn't have the crazy glide discspeed is talking about, which means I normally use it for low shots thrown hard. If I need a hard fading glidy PD, I grab one of the 1st run S DGR PDs. However, I may pick up a yellow one now though :).

The CFR and production CPDs are so different I carry both. My CFRs glide much less, so they don't go nearly as far. Their range isn't affected by wind much, so I can trust them on shots where overthrows go in the water (many opportunities on my home courses for this). The way the production CPDs push forward and glide while still being quite overstable make them quite versatile. Most SPDs, if thrown hard and long, fly on TB type lines going straight with a very late forward fade. The CPD can go out straight or slightly turned and then still finish with some lateral motion fade/skip.

discspeed said:
Timko said:

The CFR and production CPDs are so different I carry both. My CFRs glide much less, so they don't go nearly as far. Their range isn't affected by wind much, so I can trust them on shots where overthrows go in the water (many opportunities on my home courses for this). The way the production CPDs push forward and glide while still being quite overstable make them quite versatile. Most SPDs, if thrown hard and long, fly on TB type lines going straight with a very late forward fade. The CPD can go out straight or slightly turned and then still finish with some lateral motion fade/skip.

I love the SPDs for that very reason, I'm not sure if I'm still digging the CPDs as much when I first got them. I find myself reaching for Ps and Ss and they've done me quite well. Maybe I should just play with the CPD a little more. I did just buy 2 more Ss and Ps though...

jivey311 said:
Can I still buy a cfr cpd?
You might also still find them with a production stamp, there's bound to be some floating around. Check for the patent number and a flat top.

EDIT: At least in Finland, e.g. 11 max weight oranges @ Powergrip

I really want this factory store to come around, sounds like everyone is gonna be all over it for special discs and such.

There are a lot comparisons out there for the PD relating to other discs. Which one do you find to be the most true booter?

And to Jubuttib, since I'm too lazy to do conversions, are the prices pretty fair at powergrip? I realize that shipping overseas would be a pain in the ass price wise, but I've checked out the site every now and then and was just curious.

Longer faster Teebird is probably the best comparison for the PD. The c-lines fly like Predators but less nose angle sensitive and a hair less stable.

Lamp said:
I really want this factory store to come around, sounds like everyone is gonna be all over it for special discs and such.

There are a lot comparisons out there for the PD relating to other discs. Which one do you find to be the most true booter?

And to Jubuttib, since I'm too lazy to do conversions, are the prices pretty fair at powergrip? I realize that shipping overseas would be a pain in the ass price wise, but I've checked out the site every now and then and was just curious.
Along with Discmania itself Powergrip is the cheapest source of discs in Finland (Discmania discs costs the same in both). 12.90 EUR is ~18.30 USD. It's as cheap as it's going to get over here.

jubuttib said:
jivey311 said:
Can I still buy a cfr cpd?
You might also still find them with a production stamp, there's bound to be some floating around. Check for the patent number and a flat top.

EDIT: At least in Finland, e.g. 11 max weight oranges @ Powergrip

Just ordered one of those max weight cfr PD's (and P MD2) from Powergrip. They said that their cfr's should be stiff flat-tops, but he would check in the warehouse to make sure. I'll report back once I get them. 2 discs shipped cost me a hair under $40. Well worth it considering where they are coming from.

BTW, they are fast to reply via email.