• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I was rocking my PDs out in the field today. For whatever reason, today was my best distance day in a long time. My S-PDs were flying the farthest for me, probably because I throw hardest flat to slight anny, and with that release they were flying on huge S turns. With unlimited space and height, they go really far...My best drives with the PD were usually only 10' or so behind my average Nuke throw. When i throw the PD as hard as I can, it really doesn't stop cruising until very late in the flight. It is a fun thing to watch.

ManU said:
Discspeed...how far?

I go to the field by my house frequently, so I can tell relative D between sessions, however I've never gotten any measurements out there. I'm going to guess that my flat out bombs today were in the 420'-440' range with the PDs.

Those red S's are pretty nice, I left the one that weighed 179g and bought the other two that were left. I never got a chance to really give them the workout but from what I was able to do they did indeed seem to be a bit more stable than a P-PD but definitely less stable than the other S's I own.

I also got my blue S-PD back from the returns bin at the store, the one that molded up exactly like a P-PD, then like a complete dumbass left in on the course at Cliff :? Hopefully someone playing the BFO picked it up, I should get it back if one of them did.

Each round I play I've been more and more pleased about my decision to nix every disc in my bag between the Buzzz and my PD. There's really only about 20' in question (320'-340') where I have to decide based on conditions or line whether to crush the Buzzz or finesse the PD. My P-PD is broken in to basically fly on any line with finesse, and if its a little windy my seasoned S-PD can do the same things.

My experiment is over...I'm absolutely sticking with PDs as my only fairway drivers. The more I power down on mine, the better I'm getting at it. The first couple weeks I was overthrowing some holes, but now I'm getting dialed in. I even parked a couple 280ish holes the last couple of days with the PD in some pretty strong wind.

In my days of DG, I've never seen minimalism pay off quite as much as I have only throwing the PD, XXX, and Nuke as my drivers (I will probably add a Nuke X if released). Each version of the PD has a place near and dear to my heart, and I use all 3 quite frequently. After throwing the Champ for some time now, it is definitely way more stable, better in the wind, shorter, and with less glide/carry. It is a true embodiment of the name "Power Driver". The Ss have turned out to probably be my favorites...They are extremely versatile and more like an EX than a Teebird, and I throw them the most. The P's are great for lower powered shots, turnover shots, and tailwinds and glide way better on an anny than the other versions. I really cannot imagine now being without any of the 3. I'm also driving better than I have in a long time. I don't think I ever really took minimalism serious enough, because now I really feel like I'm getting to know the PD very well...better than I've ever really known any of my other "situational" drivers.

discspeed said:
In my days of DG, I've never seen minimalism pay off quite as much as I have only throwing the PD, XXX, and Nuke as my drivers (I will probably add a Nuke X if released). Each version of the PD has a place near and dear to my heart, and I use all 3 quite frequently. After throwing the Champ for some time now, it is definitely way more stable, better in the wind, shorter, and with less glide/carry. It is a true embodiment of the name "Power Driver". The Ss have turned out to probably be my favorites...They are extremely versatile and more like an EX than a Teebird, and I throw them the most. The P's are great for lower powered shots, turnover shots, and tailwinds and glide way better on an anny than the other versions. I really cannot imagine now being without any of the 3. I'm also driving better than I have in a long time. I don't think I ever really took minimalism serious enough, because now I really feel like I'm getting to know the PD very well...better than I've ever really known any of my other "situational" drivers.

I was driving to lunch earlier today, and came to the same realization before reading your post. I was actually going to post something like this later this evening. I've been a loose follower of the minimalism doctrine, but I think it took the PD to convince me it actually works :D.

Aaron_D said:
no stalker? gasp!

My seasoned PDs can fly exactly like my Stalkers could with less effort--S when it is windy, and P when its not. Otherwise its the Buzzz. I'm beginning to think that I've always had too many discs in my bag. Some deal fine with this, I don't think it has worked for me though. Who knows though, I've never taken minimalism this far and I'm playing really well, so it may just be another stupid superstition.

OK I guess I have to try one.

I've gone back to champ and DX Firebird mix. I happen to have a lot of dx FBs in various stages. I'm not sure this PD is any better of an option but it's hard to resist all the accolades.

I took my p and s pd's to a field yesterday, along with a couple of teebirds and a couple of stalkers. There was hardly any wind, but the pd's were consistantly 20-30 feet farther than even the echo teebird, getting out to around 400-420 These discs are amazing, and I feel as though throwing them instead of my warp speed drivers has done wonders for my form.

Latest posts