• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Frank Delicious said:
I have to admit I never thought I was going to complain about a disc being too straight.

Too straight was an understatement for yesterday, even in a tailwind it had no fade at all.

NoLifeLeft said:
You're an Eagle thrower Frank, you'll probably always like the OLF better.

I've always been a teebird thrower (except when I first started playing, it was light eagles then) which is why I wanted to try the PD so badly.

booter said:
I think you shpuld get another p and/or s . That one you have seems to be a dud

I might just do that. People with bigger arms than I have said that they are fairly stable like a teebird, but I have good enough form to throw a comet 300' without flipping and a stalker 375' without turning too hard, so I'm thinking it almost (?) definitely is the disc.

I was absolutely crushing my bomb girl surge today though, so I'm not sure it will make the bag after all :p

Dude, if you throw your stalker 375' you must throw your surge 500'. I throw Wraiths 425' and I can only get a stalker out to 340' or so on a good rip.

victorb said:
booter said:
I think you shpuld get another p and/or s . That one you have seems to be a dud

I might just do that. People with bigger arms than I have said that they are fairly stable like a teebird, but I have good enough form to throw a comet 300' without flipping and a stalker 375' without turning too hard, so I'm thinking it almost (?) definitely is the disc.

I was absolutely crushing my bomb girl surge today though, so I'm not sure it will make the bag after all :p
I'd consider choosing between the Surge and a P-DD (or Wraith), the PD seems like a whole different animal to me.

peppermack said:
Dude, if you throw your stalker 375' you must throw your surge 500'. I throw Wraiths 425' and I can only get a stalker out to 340' or so on a good rip.

Off topic, but:

I think I'm a perfect example of 'hitting it halfway' on big distance drives. Figured out some stuff and was absolutely smashing some drives. If I was more familiar with the course I'd say that some drives might have been approaching 440'. I think if I work on it I might be able to hit 450' before the end of the summer, but that might be wishful thinking - I tend to throw slower discs better.

Stalkers just require height to glide out. If I throw one in the 360'+ range, it requires about 20-25' of height, and good nose down to keep forward momentum when it comes out of it's (small) turn.

Back to your regularly scheduled PD discussion.

I just tried out my new orange 175g FREAK P-PD yesterday evening in a field, and it was even a bit less stable than I expected right out of the box. Also, I thought it had the least glide of any of the PD's I've thrown. It is not domey, and has a low PLH. I'm thinking it may be only a situational disc for me. I was getting more D out of my new teebirds.

ForeverBlue232 said:
I just tried out my new orange 175g FREAK P-PD yesterday evening in a field, and it was even a bit less stable than I expected right out of the box. Also, I thought it had the least glide of any of the PD's I've thrown. It is not domey, and has a low PLH. I'm thinking it may be only a situational disc for me. I was getting more D out of my new teebirds.

I think I know what's going on here. I was pretty ticked when I got in an order of p-pds and I got 2 177s and a 176 (all marked 174-175). I don't want a disc that I intend to turn into a glidey turnover flyer to be overweight. Those PDs just kind of drop out of the air prematurely. That may well be what you have...an overweight PD.

ForeverBlue232 said:
Freaky Freaks are freaky. It happens. Nowadays I always tell the store to send me domey discs if I want them to glide, that's the only way you can be sure. And that only works if the store has someone who knows what they're doing picking discs.

I am going to order some P PDs tonight. Are there any differences flight wise in the different colors. I have heard from some that there is? Is this true. Sorry if this has been discussed but I am not going to search through 60 something pages to find it. Help a DGR brother out!

peppermack said:
I am going to order some P PDs tonight. Are there any differences flight wise in the different colors. I have heard from some that there is? Is this true. Sorry if this has been discussed but I am not going to search through 60 something pages to find it. Help a DGR brother out!

I have gotten heavy orange, dayglo yellow, and white. None have been really domey, and they have all flown the same. The white ones feel the best...more solid than the others.

No knowledge of the Pinks or Blues Sir Discspeed :( I like having different colors so that I can rotate them in and out without having to wonder which is which, or numbering them. Dave said the whites are nice too. Hmmm, I guess I may just have to test my luck then. I guess I am going to get a S too, any color variations on those?

the white ppd and dayglow ppd feel great to me as well. I have,white,dgow,orange, in p
as for star I have white,dglow,orange, red. Out of those the whites feel sweet but the dglow I have is a lil more stable(freak stamp) than the rest. All of them have the freak stamp with the exception of 2 (1 orange,1dglow) that have the regular non freak,non first run stamp that are more domey and a tick more stable.

Ok, good to know! I am going to order up a stack of em. I have a fat stash o cash to stock up on em with! I have a green C PD coming, now I need like 4 Ps and one or two S. that should tide me over for the summer!

Oh hell ya I am, I meant to order one just to have and didn't. I will put it out there right now, I want two or three. So if anyone gets a extra I will buy it from ya! PLEASE :D

peppermack said:
Oh hell ya I am, I meant to order one just to have and didn't. I will put it out there right now, I want two or three. So if anyone gets a extra I will buy it from ya! PLEASE :D
No~! Don't do that! Rather, get some people together for another run of 50 discs. More money for the site!

I'd be down for at least two P-PDs, as soon as I get my DGR stamped ones and figure out what weights I want, I've got 155-159, 165-168 (or something like that) and 170-172 coming up and need to take them out on a field before I can make up my mind.

I would on the other hand get at least two P-CDs and P-DDs, probably more like 4 P-DDs actually. Didn't Timko say that you can use it on any Discmania disc? Wonder if that meant in the same order...

Latest posts