• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Shank said:
Unity said:
what'shisname said:
Unity said:
I'm really liking the C-PD for FH (I dumped the Z Pred for it). I didn't like the bead...it was killing my release. The C-PD isn't as overstable as the Z Pred was for me, but it resists a turn almost as well, and it doesn't fade as hard. I never threw the 11x Firebird, so I can't compare it to that. I feel like it is pretty comparable to a beat in 12x that I threw before I tried the Z Pred.

I'm really liking my C-PD for FH as well. I haven't dumped my xxx for it yet though.

I'm actually planning on picking one up for windier days. The C-PD will hold a hyzer into mild winds, but when the wind really picks up I'd like something more overstable.

I had one that I threw in to 25 mph winds and that's where it really shone. That thing got loooooooong in big winds. I still wouldn't kick out a true overstable driver for it though.

Yeah, in those kind of winds I've found that my C-PD pretty much flies like a new Teebird flies in zero wind.

discspeed said:
Shank said:
Unity said:
what'shisname said:
Unity said:
I'm really liking the C-PD for FH (I dumped the Z Pred for it). I didn't like the bead...it was killing my release. The C-PD isn't as overstable as the Z Pred was for me, but it resists a turn almost as well, and it doesn't fade as hard. I never threw the 11x Firebird, so I can't compare it to that. I feel like it is pretty comparable to a beat in 12x that I threw before I tried the Z Pred.

I'm really liking my C-PD for FH as well. I haven't dumped my xxx for it yet though.

I'm actually planning on picking one up for windier days. The C-PD will hold a hyzer into mild winds, but when the wind really picks up I'd like something more overstable.

I had one that I threw in to 25 mph winds and that's where it really shone. That thing got loooooooong in big winds. I still wouldn't kick out a true overstable driver for it though.

Yeah, in those kind of winds I've found that my C-PD pretty much flies like a new Teebird flies in zero wind.

bingo.

I LOVE X Preds. I was constantly going back and forth from X Preds and TeeBirds. I like each for difference reasons, but can use them almost interchangably. The biggest thing for me was that with either of them I still felt the need to carry a Wraith for distance shots. With the PD I don't. Occasionally I will, but I feel like I can power down and stretch out the PD and cover all ranges.

Although I do still have a box of X Preds that tempt me everytime I see it.

victorb said:
Aaron_D said:
I threw an x pred today... :x

Dare I say it?

you don't have to, the comparison is not shocking at all. unfortunately for me, they don't make X Preds anymore.

Frank Delicious said:
X preds do S lines way easier that P PDs, they are still pretty close.

The question is, do they do S-lines easier than the S-line PD?

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
X preds do S lines way easier that P PDs, they are still pretty close.

The question is, do they do S-lines easier than the S-line PD?

Maybe, My freak stamp S PD loves to lock into a line and hold it with just some fade at the end. I wouldn't say the S is it's strong suit. My first run S PD on the other hand was (RIP) was great at S curves.

We finally got in 60 P-PDs in at the store today...

This run has a HUGE amount of variation. About half of them (dark red and blue) have a moderate dome and are the absolute stiffest pro plastic I've ever felt. These felt great, so I grabbed three of them. They are straighter/less overstable than my other Freaks were when new. The other half were the gummiest pro plastic I've ever felt and they were super flat as well. Luckily the pink, which my DGR PDs are, seemed like a nice middle ground and felt the most like my older P-PDs.

We'll see how the DGR ones work out...some will be happier than others...

Oh boy... My 166 and 175 P Freaks have moderately high domes and have soft flight plates. Too much variation for my taste. If they fly differently.

I was recently looking to pickup a couple backup C - PDs and seems they are hard to come by. Were the C - PDs a smaller run or maybe just more popular? I was just wondering because they seem pretty scarce at the moment.

CHEERS - Koffee

discspeed said:
We finally got in 60 P-PDs in at the store today...

This run has a HUGE amount of variation. About half of them (dark red and blue) have a moderate dome and are the absolute stiffest pro plastic I've ever felt. These felt great, so I grabbed three of them. They are straighter/less overstable than my other Freaks were when new. The other half were the gummiest pro plastic I've ever felt and they were super flat as well. Luckily the pink, which my DGR PDs are, seemed like a nice middle ground and felt the most like my older P-PDs.

We'll see how the DGR ones work out...some will be happier than others...
How are the PLHs between the domey and flat ones?

koffee said:
I was recently looking to pickup a couple backup C - PDs and seems they are hard to come by. Were the C - PDs a smaller run or maybe just more popular? I was just wondering because they seem pretty scarce at the moment.

CHEERS - Koffee
The C-PDs were only a test run and it was indeed a small batch. A new run is going to be available for custom stamping at first (latest info says around May Day), the C-Line will become a regular for the drivers later.

I had some usdgc pro bosses in really stiff red and blue plastic and I HATED them. The plastic chuncked horribly and was super slick with any moisture.

jubuttib said:

I haven't checked yet...I just stopped in before playing doubles last night. I'll do a better check today or tomorrow.

koffee said:

CHEERS - Koffee

Here https://www.discgolfvalues.com/stor...94&PHPSESSID=37aa14576bda111cc2ea3d811b45ad77 is the only place to get them. This was a test run because we bugged Dave D. to make them. They are going to be made a production disc in the near future (but they won't fly like this run, there will be a bunch of variation, they won't be flat and overstable).

dgdave said:
I had some usdgc pro bosses in really stiff red and blue plastic and I HATED them. The plastic chuncked horribly and was super slick with any moisture.

These are the some of the stiffest discs I've ever felt period. They don't feel too slick to me. As far as chunking, I did hit the sidewalk and scrape one. It wasn't too bad though and it sanded smooth very nicely. The plastic seems durable as it was very difficult to sand the flashing off. I will test them out in the field today.

I have some USDGC Pro bosses 171 and 172 dark blue that flat out bomb.

I don't have them in the bag at the moment, but use them for courses where I can really toss some distance shots. They've been beaten in nicely and haven't chunked up on me.

discspeed said:
jubuttib said:

I haven't checked yet...I just stopped in before playing doubles last night. I'll do a better check today or tomorrow.

koffee said:

CHEERS - Koffee

Here https://www.discgolfvalues.com/stor...94&PHPSESSID=37aa14576bda111cc2ea3d811b45ad77 is the only place to get them. This was a test run because we bugged Dave D. to make them. They are going to be made a production disc in the near future (but they won't fly like this run, there will be a bunch of variation, they won't be flat and overstable).

Thank you for the information I am will probably pick up a couple.

CHEERS - Koffee

discspeed said:
They are going to be made a production disc in the near future (but they won't fly like this run, there will be a bunch of variation, they won't be flat and overstable).
And you know this because? (Well, it's Innova after all... Let's just hope that there are some that fly like the test C-PDs.)

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
They are going to be made a production disc in the near future (but they won't fly like this run, there will be a bunch of variation, they won't be flat and overstable).
And you know this because? (Well, it's Innova after all... Let's just hope that there are some that fly like the test C-PDs.)

When it comes to the CFR C-PDs I think that giant hotstamp that was pressed hard into the disc (I took it off with acetone and you can still see the imprint plain as day) is part of why they are ALL so flat. Also, that stiff, grippy Champ plastic feels like stuff they usually reserve for CFR discs.

peppermack said:
I just got a green C PD from J-Bolt (thank you by the way!) and it is super flat. I wanted a extra stable one so this should be it?

yes. those are mighty stable. the oranges are the most stable though.

I just got back from throwing in the field. Those new, super stiff P-PDs fly differently from any other PDs I've thrown. They are less stable and have more glide than the other P-PDs I've thrown. They fly like faster broken-in 10x KC Pro Teebirds. They are very workable when powered down, and need some height/hyzer when you want to get on them. They glide forever up high though. It feels like a different disc, and another tool in my PD arsenal. I love them. They have some texture on the underside of the wing that I've really only seen on DX discs before. It makes me wonder if they mixed like KC Pro with Star and pro plastic or something. Anyway, its in the bag.

Latest posts