• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Well, I'm officially a convert. Got a couple P-PD's and absolutely love them. I was field throwing earlier into a headwind and even fresh Star Wraiths were turning over from a slight hyzer release. My PD's were released hard and flat and locked into a straight with a nice stable finish.

Totally hooked. Going to go get an S-PD as soon as I can.

These are really going to simplify my bag. Based on the number of lines I was able to get with this disc, I'd say I'm turning 3 different molds in my bag into just PD's. Frickin things fly only about 30 feet short of my Wraiths.

I thought it was all hype, but it isn't. These things are straight and long and not at all flippy. Best control driver I've thrown.

I just added a P-PD in my bag because I was a little bored with my Teebird lineup.

It is very straight, way different than my C-PD i've had in the bag for a while, and flies on a frozen rope line. I recently lost one of my star wraiths that i've had in the bag for a long time, and I decided I would throw in a P-PD to beat in and get the loooong turnover lines that the wraith gave me, but this thing will do that and much much more.

Has anyone else thrown the new stiff P-PDs yet? I checked out the pinks and they feel the best of all the new run of P-PDs...Quite stiff, but not to the the extreme like the stiffest blue/red ones. I'm glad I ordered pink DGR PDs. 8)

discspeed said:
Has anyone else thrown the new stiff P-PDs yet? I checked out the pinks and they feel the best of all the new run of P-PDs...Quite stiff, but not to the the extreme like the stiffest blue/red ones. I'm glad I ordered pink DGR PDs. 8)

Mine is blue, freak stamp, and incredibly stiff. But the plastic feels amazing. Just got it from innova east, I'm going to have to do some hand selecting down there again to stock up.

Ryan C said:
Well, I'm officially a convert. Got a couple P-PD's and absolutely love them. I was field throwing earlier into a headwind and even fresh Star Wraiths were turning over from a slight hyzer release. My PD's were released hard and flat and locked into a straight with a nice stable finish.

Totally hooked. Going to go get an S-PD as soon as I can.

These are really going to simplify my bag. Based on the number of lines I was able to get with this disc, I'd say I'm turning 3 different molds in my bag into just PD's. Frickin things fly only about 30 feet short of my Wraiths.

I thought it was all hype, but it isn't. These things are straight and long and not at all flippy. Best control driver I've thrown.

Oh no you didn't... Speed 9-10 control driver... That again :)

Trey133 said:
discspeed said:

Mine is blue, freak stamp, and incredibly stiff. But the plastic feels amazing. Just got it from innova east, I'm going to have to do some hand selecting down there again to stock up.

Yeah, I have two of those blues (172) and 2 deep reds (175). I love stiff plastic and this stuff is still grippy as well. I really like how it flies. As far as durability goes we'll see. Unlike my other P-PDs that I wanted to get broken in, these start out almost where I want them right out of the box. It will be interesting to see how flippy they get and how fast. As far as chunking goes, I have hit pavement a couple of times so far and a little plastic was lost. No more than any other Pro disc though. Only more impacts will tell the true tale of durability. I can't really imagine these taco'ing, but chunking may yet be an issue. I always find new discs to chunk easier than ones that are already broken in though.

discspeed said:
Unlike my other P-PDs that I wanted to get broken in, these start out almost where I want them right out of the box. It will be interesting to see how flippy they get and how fast.

Yea these start out already hyzer flipping to flat, but just like every other PD i've thrown, they will not flip over. Just super straight for about 340 - 360ft. After throwing these, I can feel where you're coming from saying a distance record could be broken. If forced on an anny in a heavy LR tailwind, these could hold for freaking ever. And then get that good low speed fade at the very end to continue the forward penetration of the flight.

If someone could get 802 ft with a Teebird, someone could murder these things past that in the right conditions now.

jubuttib said:
Dome doesn't really affect stability as such (at least not much), PLH does.

On another note, I was playing on a course close to me (only 14 miles!) that I've somehow managed to miss completely. I met two fellow players there who both had the PD in their bag. I was very surprised to see the second guy rip on his S-PD and it was turning considerably. Like, turn slightly over from a 25 degree hyzer. I asked him how long he'd had it, thinking it was a very old and beaten in disc. He said he'd thrown it about 10 times total, and it did indeed look pretty much brand new. I got a chance to try it out and it was a very freaky PD, turning almost like my beat P-CD, but still having a very decent fade. Also had a good dome on it, plenty of glide. Probably had a low PLH as well, but couldn't verify this, lacking a level surface. Easily the longest PD I've thrown though, seemed to still handle the wind quite well. I might have to track down a similar one, very interesting.

I haven't thrown an S one that understable...but my newest red one is already less stable than my 5 month seasoned FR S. I'm really looking forward to a really seasoned S. I throw a lot of shots that I want to flip up and fly straight, but still have a good LSS. My P's lost their fade too fast for this shot, and I've yet to beat an S one to the point where it will come up from a moderate hyzer release without throwing it really hard, cruise, and then fade.

I think mark is sending me some C DGR PDs. He said "something special" for me taking all of those X-Outs, and that's what I'm hoping for.

That's a strong possibility. Well, minus the 1 I'm keeping for doing all of this.

We'll see what Mark has given us on Monday!

volmed10 said:
NoLifeLeft said:
DGV listed a few more C-PD's if anyone is interested.

4 of them are orange, and if I remember correctly 2 are red. That's what Sharon said.

Seems like they made a lot of orange. Out of the 6 I've ordered, 5 are orange and 1 is yellow. Good thing I like orange. :mrgreen: