• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Discpeed = Lime green jello and he doesn't even know it
Timko = A hater (and I love my haters)

Jussi pulled out an amazing amount of PD's at usdgc, and was throwing them as far as everyone elses stable destroyers and xcals. One huge thing I noticed taking a look through the pro's bags... Bosses are gone. Bosses are a thing of the past for all of them, even feldberg was throwing destroyers and his name is on the damn thing.

jubuttib said:
He did have an awful lot of them in his bag the last time I saw him, you could try.

Next time you see him tell him that until the C-PD is released as part of Discmania's standard production line, I think he's an asshole. :lol:

Might be a while (only seen him twice), it'll probably be a regular item before that. =)

You have a better chance, he seems to be hanging around in the States, for at least the distance championships.
Trey133 said:
Jussi pulled out an amazing amount of PD's at usdgc, and was throwing them as far as everyone elses stable destroyers and xcals. One huge thing I noticed taking a look through the pro's bags... Bosses are gone. Bosses are a thing of the past for all of them, even feldberg was throwing destroyers and his name is on the damn thing.
I asked Dave about that at his clinic, he said that the only Bosses he ever used were the prototype Pro Bosses.

Trey133 said:
One huge thing I noticed taking a look through the pro's bags... Bosses are gone. Bosses are a thing of the past for all of them, even feldberg was throwing destroyers and his name is on the damn thing.

except Josh Anton :p but he wasn't there so i won't hold that against you.

Trey133 said:
Discpeed = Lime green jello and he doesn't even know it
Timko = A hater (and I love my haters)

Oh believe me, I do know it.
:mrgreen:

About the Bosses...I said a long time ago that the people I've seen get the greatest benefit from the Boss are masters level players who are very skilled, but they lack the power as they once had. For anyone who can throw 450'+ on demand, the Boss is kind of squirrely. It goes farther than anything for them, but it's not trustworthy as to exactly where it will end up. That's why it would not be good at USDGC...The course is too unforgiving.

The Red DGR PDs are a lot less HSS than the white ones from the first run. I can see how Discspeed can throw these for big D now.

Timko said:
The Red DGR PDs are a lot less HSS than the white ones from the first run. I can see how Discspeed can throw these for big D now.

They break in better than the others as well...When you get a red one beat in, you don't really need a P-PD anymore. My favorite red has been in the sweet spot for some time now. When I rip it with hyzer it stands up and drifts right while still going pretty much straight.

discspeed said:
Timko said:

They break in better than the others as well...When you get a red one beat in, you don't really need a P-PD anymore. My favorite red has been in the sweet spot for some time now. When I rip it with hyzer it stands up and drifts right while still going pretty much straight.

That's the feeling I got as well. The P's will be more situational (low power shots and rollers) while that S will be more of a workhorse.

discspeed said:
Timko said:

In both head and rear winds today my 168 and 150 red DGR champystar S PDs faded too much. I really hope that the LSS wears off for added D, lesser power requirement and overall straighter flight. In the winds I had to release with a few degrees of hyzer to flip to flat. My previous new P DGR and S regular PDs don't need initial hyzer when thrown flat in calm weather and in most winds. The winds weren't the worst today but mild either.

So do those champystars lose LSS or just HSS and do they become straight?

JR said:
In both head and rear winds today my 168 and 150 red DGR champystar S PDs faded too much. I really hope that the LSS wears off for added D, lesser power requirement and overall straighter flight. In the winds I had to release with a few degrees of hyzer to flip to flat. My previous new P DGR and S regular PDs don't need initial hyzer when thrown flat in calm weather and in most winds. The winds weren't the worst today but mild either.

So do those champystars lose LSS or just HSS and do they become straight?

You just have to throw them like a man. :lol:

They do start fading later in flight for sure after deflashing and a little wear. They never lose all the LSS like the P-PD, but imo that's a good thing. I don't know of any other mold that works out better with wear than the PD. I know that most of the straight, broken in flight is actually caused by a loss of HSS, but the PD mold flips so slowly and returns so slowly that it appears to have lost LSS because it falls to the ground before the LSS really kicks in. Those red ones glide so nicely as well and that magnifies the effect because they don't flip as fast as other broken in S-PDs.

so I've been wrestling with whether or not to give the PD a go. I'm concerned it'd overlap too much with my Predators which I currently throw off a lot of tees and have been very happy with them for both accuracy and distance. I've read a lot of this massive thread but not nearly all of it, still though I can't decide. BTW my power range is right around 325', I have thrown farther but thats where most of my drives stop. So what does DGR think, is there room for the PD alongside my well loved Preds? Also at the local shop we have a few S-PDs (non-freak) all 175 in red, blue, and yellow. Any notable differences in this run linked to certain colors?

A.Mutt said:
so I've been wrestling with whether or not to give the PD a go. I'm concerned it'd overlap too much with my Predators which I currently throw off a lot of tees and have been very happy with them for both accuracy and distance. I've read a lot of this massive thread but not nearly all of it, still though I can't decide. BTW my power range is right around 325', I have thrown farther but thats where most of my drives stop. So what does DGR think, is there room for the PD alongside my well loved Preds? Also at the local shop we have a few S-PDs (non-freak) all 175 in red, blue, and yellow. Any notable differences in this run linked to certain colors?

I throw basically the same distance as you and throw PDs and Preds and it works great. I find that the C-PD and ESP Preds are quite similar and the Z Preds are a little more beefy. The C-PD and ESP preds are similar enough that I could move from ESP Preds to C-PDs with very little adjustment. But I have an ESP Pred that is perfectly seasoned right now and don't want to move to a different disc. This ESP Pred is just a tick more HSS than any of the brand new 175 S-PDs I've recently acquired with a harsher fade. So I find that it compliments the S-PDs really well.

One reason I will probably stay with Preds over C-PDs is that it is a lot easier to beat in the ESP plastic than the CFR plastic of the C-PDs.

S or P PDs aren't nearly as hard or early fading as Preds so they would compliment each other nicely.

Discspeed: I have to throw in calm weather obviously before making judgments on how a new S PD flies. In moderate rear and head winds yesterday the difference between a head high and 20' high throws was large regarding the fade and the D was not that different even when the higher throws were annied. I threw a few throws to 25' and it showed big time in LSS. At low heights the fade was alright for a new disc and such a long driver. I don't mind the fade as long as i carry Beasts for straighter longer flights and annies. Working alone without utilizing the other PDs i have these are too much in the conditions yesterday. Although quite possibly ok in calm weather. Breaking in one tells the true story though and things look very promising with a start like this :-D I don't throw like a girl. Well most girls. Niloofar Mosavar Rahmani from Sweden holds the female distance record with a SOLF i think at 547'. Ouch!

I got out to the field on the way home to try out the new dgr PD's and was very pleased with them. My Blue, 167 P's were both laser beams out to 350' on their first flights. Only had time for 6 throws with all of them but the P's were all laser beams between 330 - 365' for me with very little fade. The S's were sweet as well and will be great backups for my champy 165 S that's getting nicely beat in.

At the moment though the P's are definitely the longest for me. My first DGR red champy S is beating in nicely and starting to act a bit more like a P for me but I still can't quite get the same distance out of it.

Can't wait to get them out on the course.

In a round at Rosedale today, I threw my new red S PD a couple of times. It's still got strong fade, but I'm getting a better feel for the HS turn , and ripped some nice drives with it.

I can tell this one will be in my bag for a while. The plastic is $$$, and once it breaks in, I'll be using it on the majority of my controlled distance drives.

This thread is ridiculous. 123 pages of the same repeated shit for just another disc on the market. :lol: