• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *
episode3.jpg

Hope you enjoy... I have a little blog post here about the ultimate dick wagger.

That is a funny blog post Bomber. I am pretty sure I met this guy this weekend. You described the experience to a tee. I be danged if I know how you get 47 aces in your first summer playing the sport. Hang in there, the aces will come. I have about 7...let me tell you about each one..... :p

That is a funny blog post Bomber. I am pretty sure I met this guy this weekend. You described the experience to a tee. I be danged if I know how you get 47 aces in your first summer playing the sport. Hang in there, the aces will come. I have about 7...let me tell you about each one..... :p

hahahaha. Yeah, I'll expect a PM with diagrams and video reenactments. :D

Very good. Although I think after 20 throws off the tee it no longer counts as an "ace". I got my first ace a couple months ago but it was technically my second shot from the tee, so I am calling it "secondsies".

I'm pretty much the best player in Ohio, I just choose not to compete ;)

Very good. Although I think after 20 throws off the tee it no longer counts as an "ace". I got my first ace a couple months ago but it was technically my second shot from the tee, so I am calling it "secondsies".

I'm pretty much the best player in Ohio, I just choose not to compete ;)

Hey......yeah....I think I have heard of you up here in Michigan. Around 30 years old, drives like 700 ft? :p

Almost Ace...?

Hah! I know the type. My buddy from work tells me at least once a week about the shot off the tee that was headed straight for the chains and then fades out right before or flies above and 15 ft past. Almost ace? I think not. Best part about him? After his first ace, before anyone in our group can congratulate him, he yells "Suck it chumps". And thats how its done...:doh:

Haha nice blog entry, sir... I'm almost embarrassed of my aces because they're all soooooo short, so I try to not bring it up. I might lose it if I hit a long one though. Never even hit basket on anything over 250 ft :(

Got my first last week! Bear creek Grapevine, TX hole 3 223 feet. Champion beast.

And proud enough of it to admit, on DGCR no less, that he threw a Beast for 223 feet!

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally brag on my first ace if I had one. And I've probably thrown a driver on a 223 foot hole. Maybe I'd event _want_ to if I was going for an ace instead of my usual birdie line. But, I'd probably leave that part out of the description, at least on DGCR!

The hardest part of getting 1st ace is hitting chains off the tee.

The hardest part of getting 1st ace is hitting chains off the tee.

Thanks, John Madden ;)

I'll never forget my first and currently only ace but I don't think it gives me much to boast about, except it didn't require 5 drives to accomplish! I have to give you credit for being patient enough to let the guy tee of so many times. I'm all for allowing people to take a second drive in a casual round for funsies if they come close or just want to try something out, but anything past that... no spank you.

Screw that! It counts! I just made it from the pad! ACE!!!

It's not a 1 on the score card. You don't get any money from the pool. It is an Ace.

Screw that! It counts! I just made it from the pad! ACE!!!

It's not a 1 on the score card. You don't get any money from the pool. It is an Ace.
Let's please not stir that pot again, because that comment has a whole bunch of wrong about it.

And proud enough of it to admit, on DGCR no less, that he threw a Beast for 223 feet!

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally brag on my first ace if I had one. And I've probably thrown a driver on a 223 foot hole. Maybe I'd event _want_ to if I was going for an ace instead of my usual birdie line. But, I'd probably leave that part out of the description, at least on DGCR!

Why would anybody be ashamed of how they got a hole in one? My first ace came using a Valkyrie on a 180 ft long hole. Am I embarrassed? Funk no! It's only appropriate considering I've been throwing Valkyries since they were released. There is no right or wrong way to play. Just play how you are most comfortable.

Let's please not stir that pot again, because that comment has a whole bunch of wrong about it.

You'll have to direct me to that thread. If I make a shot from the tee pad, I want someone to sign my disc.

My old ball golf coach told me "Always hit 2 on the par 3s. Double the chance for a hole in one." I'd even want people to sign a rethrown circle-3.