• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

I still get paid if my second tee shot goes in playing cali

I still want to know how you get "paid" for a second throw ace in California? because if I was ever at an event and there was an ace pot and they gave it to you for anything but a first throw ace myself and most everyone else would pitch a fit.

If its a personal friend thing, I want in on that...because I will stand on a tee pad and unload my bag every hole if you or someone if going to pay me for hitting a fake ace.

I'm really dying to know the details of how you get "paid" for psudo-aces

If the ace pot is in play for doubles, and cali is approved for the round, how would you not pay it out? It's a 1 on the scorecard. I'd probably denounce that entire club as fraudulent and never come back to their events.

According to the rules an optional rethrow counts as an additional stroke. It plain and simple is not the first shot from the tee and is therefor not an ace.

After I said "it's not an optional rethrow" how did this comment come about??? That's a red herring at best. More of an indictment of whatever primary school you attended.

If the ace pot is in play for doubles, and cali is approved for the round, how would you not pay it out? It's a 1 on the scorecard. I'd probably denounce that entire club as fraudulent and never come back to their events.

Ok this is completely a different subject all together. That is a specifically designed event that allows you two throws. being odd man out in doubles is played many different ways, and if they allow that then that is fine.

You are taking your whole argument (any throw from the tee pad should be considered an official ace) and using a very specific unique situation to define and justify the rest of your ridiculous opinions.

After I said "it's not an optional rethrow" how did this comment come about??? That's a red herring at best. More of an indictment of whatever primary school you attended.

I love when people accuse people of being mentally inferior when they themselves are making stupid moronic statements.

In an official tournament or competitive situation what you are suggesting is exactly defined as an optional re-throw... in a competitive situation where normal rules are in effect. If you are just messing around on the course throwing multiple shots, then its just practice or screwing around and thus not an official situation.

This really isn't that complicated to understand...but I have to thank you, I am fully enjoying this :hfive:

I love when people accuse people of being mentally inferior when they themselves are making stupid moronic statements.

In an official tournament or competitive situation what you are suggesting is exactly defined as an optional re-throw... in a competitive situation where normal rules are in effect. If you are just messing around on the course throwing multiple shots, then its just practice or screwing around and thus not an official situation.

This really isn't that complicated to understand...but I have to thank you, I am fully enjoying this :hfive:

And it has to be an official situation for you to sign a disc?

My statements might be "stupid and moronic" but my responses have never been to the opposite of what you said.

And it has to be an official situation for you to sign a disc?

My statements might be "stupid and moronic" but my responses have never been to the opposite of what you said.

Yes in my opinion and most everyone's it needs to be the first throw from the tee to be a real ace otherwise its a practice ace. So my original comment still remains true... You can it what ever you want but in my opinion its not a real ace...I'll sign it as a nice second/third/fourth shot but not an ace.

And actually what you have been saying actually is the opposite of what I've been saying...

Yes in my opinion and most everyone's it needs to be the first throw from the tee to be a real ace otherwise its a practice ace. So my original comment still remains true... You can it what ever you want but in my opinion its not a real ace...I'll sign it as a nice second/third/fourth shot but not an ace.

And actually what you have been saying actually is the opposite of what I've been saying...

I've been saying the opposite of what you've been saying, but I've been responding to what you've been saying ...

"Practice" ace? So if you're warming up it's impossible to hit an ace? What if I'm playing a friendly round in an unofficial situation? Impossible to ace?

I'm fine with you signing it with whatever tongue-in-cheek statement you prefer. Just make sure it says "Dan made it from the tee."

If its a friendly practice round and you hit it from the tee on the first shot then its an ace...any shot after that its not.

Why don't you do this...create a poll on here and see what the majority of people think...I'm better 80% of the people would disagree with you.

My question to you would be this...why would you be some adamant to have it count as an ace? Be proud of real aces not half-assed ones.

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

Sounds like it being smart enough to know the difference between an legitimate ACE ....

and a cubby ACE

or a black ACE

or a great practice throw

or a great shot resulting in a birdie or an eagle

or kissing your step sister

or something to do with masturbation

or sleeping with ugly girls

or eating cookies in bed

how about wetting the bed?

Not paying your gambling debts?

Picking your nose?

I don't know. Do you think Tiger Woods and Phil Nicholson ever have this conversation?

Tiger, "I have 37 career aces."

Phil, "Well, I was at the driving range yesterday and I hit a bucket of 500 balls and three went in the practice hole there. That gives me 1705 aces for my career."

Tiger, "Uh, Phil, Those don't really count as aces you know. But I did sleep with all your sisters."

I am just quoting for absolute awesomeness.

I have no real aces, no fake aces, 1 field ace and a few hundred putt aces. Well, I guess that depends on your interpretation of field ace. Just how far...?

"I'm fine with you signing it with whatever tongue-in-cheek statement you prefer. Just make sure it says "Dan made it from the tee." -How about "Dan made it from the tee, and hopes one day to get an ace!"?

I am not putting my own spin on them. A majority of the players in golf and disc golf all consider an ace to be a first throw from a tee pad. This isn't my conjecture, its a majority of the playing public. Throwing multiple times from the tee is not hole the hole was designed to be played. If you want to call it a practice ace, I am fine with that, but it's not a true ace. There are other kinds of aces; black, cubby, field, practice, etc... but they are not true aces.

Frankly I am just bored and enjoy this mindless conversation. You can call it what ever you want, just don't expect me or may other people to call it a true ace.

you call it an ace, i call it an ace.

"I'm fine with you signing it with whatever tongue-in-cheek statement you prefer. Just make sure it says "Dan made it from the tee." -How about "Dan made it from the tee, and hopes one day to get an ace!"?

Oh, you sure got me there bud!:thmbup:

I always like adding this little bit of disc golf history into a discussion on what is and is not an ace.

True story, feel free to ask the thrower.

PDGA Super Tour event, a well known disc golfer throws his first shot off the tee, someone on his card calls a foot fault.
Warning and a re-throw.
The re-throw, or second shot off the tee, goes in the basket for a recorded one (1) on the scorecard.

Dave Greenwell got the ace, or whatever you want to call it. :popcorn:

you call it an ace, i call it an ace.

Do you work for the government because this is the perfect example of manipulating what someone said to make it look like they said something else.

You call it a kiss...but I call her your sister so no matter what you want to call it I still wouldn't be proud of it

I always like adding this little bit of disc golf history into a discussion on what is and is not an ace.

True story, feel free to ask the thrower.

PDGA Super Tour event, a well known disc golfer throws his first shot off the tee, someone on his card calls a foot fault.
Warning and a re-throw.
The re-throw, or second shot off the tee, goes in the basket for a recorded one (1) on the scorecard.

Dave Greenwell got the ace, or whatever you want to call it. :popcorn:

Once again...fully within the rules of play.

I don't think a foot fault rethrow is the same as some dude emptying his bag in a casual round until he hits makes one.

Sometimes I don't get the arguing for the sake of arguing on here.

I don't think a foot fault rethrow is the same as some dude emptying his bag in a casual round until he hits makes one.

Sometimes I don't get the arguing for the sake of arguing on here.
I didn't know a foot fault re-throw was not the same as emptying your bag, thanks for the tidbit. :doh:

Latest posts