• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

wonder what that is going to do to the grip bottom line not having a flag ship name like mcbeast. OPP mcbeast bag on sale 999.99 shipped to your door!

Totally off topic, but it seems like grip has started struggling this year. The 2015 line up has been a slow mover, to the point that they've been slashing prices for the last 90 days or so and calling them "holiday sales" even tho the prices have never gone back up. Lost a number of sponsored players to UPD, and now the beast too.

Totally off topic, but it seems like grip has started struggling this year. The 2015 line up has been a slow mover, to the point that they've been slashing prices for the last 90 days or so and calling them "holiday sales" even tho the prices have never gone back up. Lost a number of sponsored players to UPD, and now the beast too.

While I am very surprised that Paul is not with Grip for 2016, their holiday sale event is not new. They did this last year as well. I do not think they are struggling by any means. I do think they are experiencing some significant competition. While I don't have any knowledge of their business situation, I have worked with them a couple of times in the last 14 months, visiting their offices, etc.

I don't believe that for a second. You mean to tell me Climo and Shultz have negotiated new deals every year for the past 15 or whatever? No way

They never did, Paul said so on smashboxx. Plus I can't imagine that it was very practical to sign players to multitrack deals back then. Especially when the sport was still growing and unstable.

Lost a number of sponsored players to UPD, and now the beast too.

Who did GripEq lose to UPD? Looking at both pages, the only one I see that may have switched was Philo. I don't 100% recall though if he was with Grip.

If Paige pierce were to have switched to innova it would have already been announced. So, she is likely either staying with prodigy or switching to latitude 64 or Dynamic Discs.

Paige is under contract. It may take her a bit longer to get out of the contract, as she is trying to do.

Have the new trilogy players been announcing their new sponsor?

I haven't heard anything official yet, and I've heard they have some new members for 2016. From what I've heard, it sounds like they're offering a good sponsorship package.

Latest posts