• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So probably the question to ask right now is what about Dickerson? Last time I checked he's had the DGPT championship on lock down recently?

Seems like it'd make a lot of sense for somebody to offer him a big enough deal to allow for him to tour full time? No clue if that's his call to stay more local, or if his current deal just doesn't have the room to allow for it?

Regardless, it'd make things a lot more interesting to see him with a top 5 type sponsorship deal.

So probably the question to ask right now is what about Dickerson? Last time I checked he's had the DGPT championship on lock down recently?

Seems like it'd make a lot of sense for somebody to offer him a big enough deal to allow for him to tour full time? No clue if that's his call to stay more local, or if his current deal just doesn't have the room to allow for it?

Regardless, it'd make things a lot more interesting to see him with a top 5 type sponsorship deal.

wait he doesnt tour full time

wait he doesnt tour full time

Depends on what you want to consider "tour full time". 23 events this year, but obviously a lot of dropped events compared to the past few years of 40-48 events a year.

Point is, looks like he hits the DGPT stuff, but other than that it's a ton of local B and C tiers.

He plays a lot of events yeah, but not competing against top tier talent every time he's out there. It'd be interesting to see him pare down his schedule and hit fewer, but larger events. He can definitely hold his own against the top 10 field.

Depends on what you want to consider "tour full time". 23 events this year, but obviously a lot of dropped events compared to the past few years of 40-48 events a year.

Point is, looks like he hits the DGPT stuff, but other than that it's a ton of local B and C tiers.

He plays a lot of events yeah, but not competing against top tier talent every time he's out there. It'd be interesting to see him pare down his schedule and hit fewer, but larger events. He can definitely hold his own against the top 10 field.

Chris signed a 3yr extension with prodigy back in june

I don't think he plays most, or any, west coast events. Or didn't if I recall correctly, before this year.

From following his IG, I know that he went home for a day or 2 between Maple Hill and Madisonville, but that might be the only time that he has been home in 3 months.

I notice Simon mentioned Ezra Aderhold is being courted by a few companies. Who do you think will put up the right numbers?

I think he likes to throw some Discraft discs and would bet they're financially very strong right now so they might make him the best offer.

I notice Simon mentioned Ezra Aderhold is being courted by a few companies. Who do you think will put up the right numbers?

I think he likes to throw some Discraft discs and would bet they're financially very strong right now so they might make him the best offer.

I saw him mention that also, and that Discmania was one of the companies trying to sign him. I think Discraft has a good chance, based on the molds he throws. But Ezra I believe is vegan and he crushes like Eagle, so maybe they'll bond over beans and Discmania will have an inside edge haha.

With social media seeming to play a key part in landing big contracts, Dickerson and Heimburg don't strike me as guys that could move alot of discs. Right/Wrong???

With social media seeming to play a key part in landing big contracts, Dickerson and Heimburg don't strike me as guys that could move alot of discs. Right/Wrong???

Do the Calvin Destroyers move? Just demonstrating skills on the course on video seems like it is sufficient to sell a decent quantity of discs. Dickerson doesn't seem to make many lead cards though he finishes tournaments well. Calvin is hitting lead cards often so I don't think that can be discounted as a way to drive sales. It must be difficult to disentangle the effects on sales of sponsoring certain players.

I'm not sure how many discs he moves, but Calvin is my favorite player. I've got two Calvin Destroyers and just ordered another one. I don't buy many signature discs - so far 6 in my life, and half of them are Calvin Destroyers.

My perspective could be warped because I'm eTN, but I feel like Dickerson (and Prodigy) has a really strong regional following.

My perspective could be warped because I'm eTN, but I feel like Dickerson (and Prodigy) has a really strong regional following.

Although he is an undeniably skilled player, I find Chris Dickerson really uninspiring to watch. Good solid fundamentals, but I never see him go up a gear and play aggressive. That makes it hard for me to really feel strongly about him either way. I always want Paul on a lead card even if he doesn't win, because I know watching him push for the win will always be exciting and lead to amazing play.

Although he is an undeniably skilled player, I find Chris Dickerson really uninspiring to watch. Good solid fundamentals, but I never see him go up a gear and play aggressive. That makes it hard for me to really feel strongly about him either way. I always want Paul on a lead card even if he doesn't win, because I know watching him push for the win will always be exciting and lead to amazing play.

I feel that way about watching Paul. He is obviously the best and I actually like him as far as the personal side (blogs and interviews), but I only watch a card that he is on if other players interest me.

Just demonstrating skills on the course on video seems like it is sufficient to sell a decent quantity of discs.

Hard to say, seems like skill on the course and skill off the course (social media, etc) can both land you a sponsorship. But when you have a player with both, that's when I think you can start talking about big contracts. I still think Brodie has primarily a "sell discs to make money" sponsorship where Paul and Paige have that and a guaranteed yearly salary. Just a guess...

I think if Calvin moves discs, he'd move Eagles. I didn't think they were that big until I saw Calvin lean on his so heavily. He's one of my favorite players as well (and my favorite signature I've got!), and it's made me think about trying out an Eagle (then I remind myself I can't throw nearly as effectively and I should stick to my Leopard/Volt/Thunderbird combo)

Drew Gibson has to be pretty salty that this dude is getting so much attention from sponsors due to his ability to throw far.

Other than that, I haven't seen reason to believe that he will be a top player anytime soon.

Drew Gibson has to be pretty salty that this dude is getting so much attention from sponsors due to his ability to throw far.

Other than that, I haven't seen reason to believe that he will be a top player anytime soon.

Looks like he's young and just started playing PDGA events in May, 2019. His rating is up over 1010 already. If you haven't seen these videos, they're worth a watch. I watched his channel, too, and he seems like a likable guy. I'm a fan and hope he does well.

Latest posts