• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

3244-2.jpg

Second post, amazing.

I posted it in the OG thread, but just so there's a record of it here, I was the first to say that Salient is making a comeback and Lloyd Weema will be the first player they sign.

That sounds like the opposite of The Onion's philosophy.

I'm sure it varies regionally, but here in Montana the difference between pastys and pot pie is mostly in the geometry.

Composition is basically the same: pastry crust, brown gravy, stew-grade beef, potatoes, and maybe a few other veggies thrown in there. For a pot pie you get a little more leeway to add stuff, like maybe peas, whereas the pasty is more narrowly defined. But the ingredients are still 95% identical.

The differences are almost entirely in the construction. The pasty is a fold-over pocket that you cook on a flat surface. Whereas a pot pie is built structurally in and onto the entire circumference of the pan, with a separate top crust added. It's like the difference between a calzone vs. a deep dish pizza that has another crust as the top layer.

I thought Loyd Weema was going to Quest AT?

they still make discs, though the only stiff putter legal is the 10 mm Crossfire, a 180 gram max diameter disc in a Z/Champion like plastic as is all the plastic they use for all discs including using a Champion/Z plastic but as the floppiest legal disc golf on the market 10 mm Brick. New 10mm brick is as floppy as a Aerobie Dogobie or slightly more floppy then that toy disc. They no longer make the Wheel but still make the Turbo Putt not legal and a Turbo Putt II prototype that is not legal due to the nub on the underside of the disc top or something like that. I bet he gets ban from multiple tournaments for trying to regualr putt with the Turbo Putter and failure to remove from bag.

Last edited:
When can we start the "has DD peaked" thread? That would sweep in for thread of the year I think.

Dynimc Disc has possibly peaked? I mean Discraft did a comeback in 2017-2018 by adding the flight numbers to discs, fixing the weak ESP that could dent easy just by hitting a tree, and making Titanum production run. Then the site gets fixed and updated in 2018, and lastly they buy out Paul McBeth as a player in late 2018 with the ability for his own set of specialty player made discs he either designs the molds for or Paul modifies old molds. However Discraft did still have a few star players before the change in 2017-2018, Nate Doss, MJ, and they picked up in 2016, Valery Jenkins due to a dipute with Innova. l

I think in terms of star power Dynamic Disc has peaked, and it is now in the USA, Latitude 64 and Westside Discs time to shine and grab players possibly even those that have just left Dynamic Discs this year, probably so cheesed at Dynamic Disc that these players use the non Dynamic Disc equivalent disc when they are not using the other brands. It seems if you are a player with Latitude 64 or Westside Discs you do not need to have a cult like following to the brand unlike Dynamic Disc sponsored players.

Dynimc Disc has possibly peaked? I mean Discraft did a comeback in 2017-2018 by adding the flight numbers to discs, fixing the weak ESP that could dent easy just by hitting a tree, and making Titanum production run. Then the site gets fixed and updated in 2018, and lastly they buy out Paul McBeth as a player in late 2018 with the ability for his own set of specialty player made discs he either designs the molds for or Paul modifies old molds. However Discraft did still have a few star players before the change in 2017-2018, Nate Doss, MJ, and they picked up in 2016, Valery Jenkins due to a dipute with Innova. l

I think in terms of star power Dynamic Disc has peaked, and it is now in the USA, Latitude 64 and Westside Discs time to shine and grab players possibly even those that have just left Dynamic Discs this year, probably so cheesed at Dynamic Disc that these players use the non Dynamic Disc equivalent disc when they are not using the other brands. It seems if you are a player with Latitude 64 or Westside Discs you do not need to have a cult like following to the brand unlike Dynamic Disc sponsored players.

Oh where to start here. First I'm pretty sure ThrowBot was joking about Lloyd and Salient. Second thing would be that Nate and Val haven't played at all this past year (or very sparingly at least) due to opening a brewery. Third thing is I'm pretty sure the 4 number flight ratings didn't fuel a comeback per se. It standardized things, which I will agree with you here on. However, most discraft throwers didn't need the 4 number system to stay on board IMO. I throw very little Discraft myself but have no issue with them either. Innova was just more readily available when I started, where I am, so that's what I know. Fourth, I throw quite a bit of Trilogy now too. DD is one third of Trilogy. Westside and Latitude are the other 2/3. Hence the name trilogy. Finally, fifth point I think? ANY player that's sponsored by ANY brand in trilogy can throw ANY of the 3 brands. For a couple examples: Paige P. is sponsored by DD but threw a Westside Gatekeeper a ton this year. Emerson Kieth is sponsored by Lat64 but throws a Boston Bruins stamped Justice a ton. That's a DD disc. Ricky, when with Lat 64, threw Compasses (lat64), Harps (westside) and Felons (DD). It's the same as Jerm throwing Slabs (Infinite) or Barsby throwing a Scorpius (Millenium). Innova molds Infinite and Millenium. Lat 64 molds DD and Westside. Same difference. Hope that helps.:thmbup:

Texas bbq? Just order a steak.

Attachments

• 0D861B9C-1B68-4E06-9186-8CBF99F70675.jpeg
    0D861B9C-1B68-4E06-9186-8CBF99F70675.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 34
This thread needs moar DD bashing and pizza

When the DD team goes out for a team dinner (this is just for levity), lol

Attachments

• 1AF81EF8-BDE3-4566-8931-7EFC826AC2AD.png
    1AF81EF8-BDE3-4566-8931-7EFC826AC2AD.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 82
There's people out there making "pizza" with cauliflower crust and you people are demeaning perfectly adequate Texas bbq.

Also my mom wouldn't let me throw gateway because they appropriated the ninja from Japanese culture. How insensitive of them.

There's people out there making "pizza" with cauliflower crust and you people are demeaning perfectly adequate Texas bbq.

Also my mom wouldn't let me throw gateway because they appropriated the ninja from Japanese culture. How insensitive of them.
You should thank your mom because the Ninja is one horrible disc.

To get back on track, Although they do not know it, I will continue to be sponsored by Rodney Scott's BBQ in Charleston and Grimaldi's Pizza in Mt. Pleasant, SC, lol

I thought this thread was about Pasties and Pot Pies!

These are the only kind of pot pies my mom made:

large_06c5b2a4-8917-407d-afac-af82c245564a.JPG

Latest posts