• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I have a 20y old APX and even that is not super US like a Deputy....but i need to try a X APX or D Reef

Gave my Swirl APX away years ago :(

The old elite x's came out super domey and quite stable. Get a new one and they are flippy out of the box.

I digress, in basically any sport or job. Money will always trump loyalty.

Loyal schmoyal.... show me the money!

If she gets a signature Roach please please call it something else. I am so done with all the ganja references. Its okay, I dont consider it a drug per se and its legal in many places and all that, BUT if we want to be considered a legitimate sport anytime soon, we got to get rid of that stigma eventually

Sorry for any potential thread drift. To wit: Finnish BBQ sucks and every city has a "pizzeria" but few of them are any good.

If she gets a signature Roach please please call it something else. I am so done with all the ganja references. Its okay, I dont consider it a drug per se and its legal in many places and all that, BUT if we want to be considered a legitimate sport anytime soon, we got to get rid of that stigma eventually

Sorry for any potential thread drift. To wit: Finnish BBQ sucks and every city has a "pizzeria" but few of them are any good.

The kebob though!

I equate a player to myself. I work at company a making $x salary and y benefits. If company B comes and offers me $x+a salary and y + b benfits I'm going to consider it. You just need to judge the opportunity costs also associated with the move. Sports players are slightly different though in that they have a secondary income that is based off of their fans money. So they also have to consider what they are doing in terms of their image/brand and what costs the move will have on that.

Whenever I think of "Roach", I think of roaching the tires.

But some people are just hung up on names I guess.

do a google search for "roach" and tell me how many results on the first page are weed related

Wonder if TheDGIGroup is involved with any of the recent moves.
I can't imagine that they could get that deal for McBeth and then not have most (if not all) players working with them. I'm sure they are having a huge "behind the scenes" impact on sponsorship.

I can't imagine that they could get that deal for McBeth and then not have most (if not all) players working with them. I'm sure they are having a huge "behind the scenes" impact on sponsorship.

My understanding is that group isn't doing much of anything (that site hasn't been updated with anything in a year, that's kinda telling). I could be wrong, but I believe all players are still acting as their own agents, at least with regard to manufacturer sponsors.

why'd you put "cigar" in quotes? what makes you think it's anything other than a cigar?

source.gif

My understanding is that group isn't doing much of anything (that site hasn't been updated with anything in a year, that's kinda telling). I could be wrong, but I believe all players are still acting as their own agents, at least with regard to manufacturer sponsors.
That could be. There is a story going around about one player who has changed their sponsorship arrangement, and if that story is true it would mean that player had no representative because it's basically about the player having pathetic negotiating skills.

I think that there is a space for player management. But currently all but one player do their negotiations by themselves. I believe that Paul had some outside counsel.

IF Paige goes to Discraft i think she goes there for the opportunity to make her own line of discs. . .and a "Deputy like" putter is probably the first disc i that "PP line" of discs

And Discraft don´t really have an US putter like the Deputy, Magic, Spin . so a Discraft disc like that could sell very well

Soft Magnet?

Latest posts