• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mr. Mcbeth... I just got my new Mcpro Aviar today and just love it. I purchased the black one and I have to say it feels pretty good. not too hard with a nice grip to it. I was reading the forum on here about the Disc and they are saying the black ones a really stiff and brittle... not true at all.
Keep up the good work tho... really like watching your viseos and am a fan now.

1132!!!

Check out the latest ratings update... turns out the last round at the Memorial was really an 1132!! Time to change all the graphics...

SUPER JOB and glad I was there to see it!

Check out the latest ratings update... turns out the last round at the Memorial was really an 1132!! Time to change all the graphics...

WOW, so here I was thinking that 1126 was the first round rating to break the 1120 barrier, yet lo and behold, he broke the 1130 barrier instead. Way to go Paul :thmbup:

Any particular weights, I remember Will saying back when he threw Innova that lighter weighted Destroyers like 167g's were more stable. I just have a bunch of really good straight to moderatley stable destroyers but I am missing a good beefy one.

the ones i currently are 168 to 172 in my bag now is a 170 so lighter weight is not always more understable

Paul, what disc did you use at hole 8 on Manor? To refresh your memory it was the 805ft down hill hole. I'm especially interested to hear what you used on Saturday which was really windy.

i threw a C-PD off the tee then a destroyer on my 2nd shot

I wanna start doing a lot of putting practice when my town gets a course soon and I have access to a basket every day.

What should I look out for? Practice different styles or just one? Practice from a distance where I can mostly make it or further where it's more difficult? Any other tips?

Practice YOUR style then down the rode learn a straddle or whatever else you want or need. once you have your putt dialed everything else will come easier

Hello Mr. Mcbeth... I just got my new Mcpro Aviar today and just love it. I purchased the black one and I have to say it feels pretty good. not too hard with a nice grip to it. I was reading the forum on here about the Disc and they are saying the black ones a really stiff and brittle... not true at all.
Keep up the good work tho... really like watching your viseos and am a fan now.

Black is always a tough color to keep consistant because the warm air and cold air make such a drastic difference in that color.

Thank you i heard it was going to go up because the unoffical had the field cut in half

Thanks! I'm glad i putt on some kind of show the putting was good drives were pretty awful at the beginning

I was hoping to win that autographed roc 3 with your signature. Missed by 2 numbers. I was the talk dude that sent my son up there after winning 4 prizes lol

That big save on 16 was awesome and I think was the highlight hole of the tourney. Crazy par save where most would've laid up. Pooper parking it for the bird, Max getting greased on his drive, Bobby having some bad luck. Carlo taking the easy three. What goes through your mind when you step up to putts like that where a miss means a 4-5? Do you take into account that your lead is tremendous and if you miss no big? Or if it was tied would you still run those since your putting is spot on? Would you say confidence is key when stepping up to death putts?

That big save on 16 was awesome and I think was the highlight hole of the tourney. Crazy par save where most would've laid up. Pooper parking it for the bird, Max getting greased on his drive, Bobby having some bad luck. Carlo taking the easy three. What goes through your mind when you step up to putts like that where a miss means a 4-5? Do you take into account that your lead is tremendous and if you miss no big? Or if it was tied would you still run those since your putting is spot on? Would you say confidence is key when stepping up to death putts?

that putt was funny I was showing Bobby that it was out of bounds and asked him should i lay up? Bobby said i see nothing but the basket then i just turned around and said why would i lay up i havent missed all day. i made it and Bobby said why would you even think about laying up when you don't miss haha it was a fun sequence of events. I also knew i had a big lead and only had one 4 all tournament on hole 16 BS :wall: so I figured i'd try to leave it that way.

Paul,
What do you look for in a new stock destroyer. With everyone talking about vulcan tops and incosistency I was wondering your thoughts. You say you like stock plastic and I agree. I dont want to shop for expensive rare OOP discs, so is there anything in particular with the latest runs?

Paul,
What do you look for in a new stock destroyer. With everyone talking about vulcan tops and incosistency I was wondering your thoughts. You say you like stock plastic and I agree. I dont want to shop for expensive rare OOP discs, so is there anything in particular with the latest runs?

Every disc has a use, I don't buy old discs because I truly don't they are that different. They don't fly further or a line that is drastically different. People just like the feel and the fact that its what people want [supply and demand]

Status
Not open for further replies.