• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] The RDG Tyrant: fairway driver

As soon as more show up on the site I really want to test a couple out, they look like they'd pie well with my FD's or perhaps a Ptero.

As soon as more show up on the site I really want to test a couple out, they look like they'd pie well with my FD's or perhaps a Ptero.

I carry a G-FD for my understable fairway, a Ptero for stable, and a Raptor for my OS Firebird type slot. I'm working with the Tyrant right now for straight to overstable fairway and every throw I get in, I love it more and more. If you're an FD guy, the Raptor is a great compliment. I prefer it by far to the FD2. :thmbup:

That's kind of what I'm looking at, minus the raptor. Trying to simplify the fairways a bit, I think this will help. Hopefully there's some less than max weight soon

Last edited:
Got my stamped Tyrant today. Josh grabbed a flat top to compare to my puddle top (because he's the dude!) The stamp is even more epic in person. Absolutely awesome. Best stamp RDG has done - and that's really saying something in my mind!

As soon as I heal up from my latest stupid injury, I'll have to compare to two tops against each other. Stoked!

Just got the RDG lineup stocked at our local PIAS.
I think players will be nabbing the Tyrant left and right based on that killer artwork.

Once they give it one newb forehand they will be back for more ;)

I know I'm just being demanding now, but if Josh or Jamie have a few minutes - would it be possible to get a list of foil colors? I love the stamp and got a rainbow foil, but that metallic blue/purple on the RDG site looks sick as hell. Wondering what other colors are possible. Might have to grab a few more for myself/giving to others to try out. I know I'm being a PITA, so tell me to piss off if necessary. ;)

I have a predominantly forehand friend who I think would fall in love with the Tyrant right off the bat!

I beliebe we have green, black, blue, rainbow, metallic teal.... Mmm I think that's it.

Im a fan of just flat black but they all look incredible.

I got my blank Tyrant the other day, haven't had a chance to throw it yet...

I thought it needed a little spicing up, so i added a little Reptar action....

IMG_0932-M.jpg

Haha I like it. Would never do that to myself though. I'd get the song from the Reptar on Ice episode stuck in my head every time I was looking for it, "Reptar, Reptar, gotta find that Reptar..."

Huge sale over at reptiliandiscgolf.com this week
Including $12 Tyrants! This price will never be seen again so grab a stack while you can!

I played a round yesterday with a forehand dominant player. I gave him a Tyrant to throw on most open to hyzer holes and he bought two at the end of the round.
He smashes fairways out to 350 ft. And the Tyrant was just flying dead straight with a reliable finish. It seems that this disc flies like a backhanded Teebird when thrown forehand (zero turn, not a ton of fade). These bad boys just love snap and power.

After receiving my tyrants the last week I have immediately been trying them out as a wind fighting driver. In the four rounds I've thrown with it I'm very pleased with how it has been performing. For me the Tyrant flies straight for the majority of the flight with a hard fade at the end (thrown RHFH).

I bag multiple Teebirds and this is by far more overstable, but also much more workable than the Raptor (I don't have a big arm Teebirds go about 300-325 for me). The Tyrant is great as a reliable OS fairway I've been able to throw it pretty consistently with good results. The Tyrant has filled a hole in my bag that I have been trying to fill... JCass you guys did a great job with this mold, not quite utility beef but for my arm speed a super dependable Headwind/ hyzer driver...looks like the Tyrant will be in my bag for the foreseeable future

How's the Tyrant holding up for you!?

I'm still in love with the flight and feel of this mold. Perfect stability to start a fairway cycle. I'm now bagging two Tyrants, one beat for work horse flight & one fresh for my hyzer work.

I am not actually throwing mine at all. I bought two on day one and they both came with puddle top. They are too overstable and have no glide off my BH and the puddle makes the FH grip uncomfortable.

This is a disc that I really wanted to one but the zero glide and funky grip just don't do it for me. I suspect that one of the flatter ones rather than puddles would help a lot, but I am watch my bank account a little more carefully right now and can't afford another one yet.

My god. The longer I have these, the more I reach for them. At different power and release points, I've been replacing everything from Firebird-type shots, to PD flex drives, to spike midrange shots. Moreover, I have never had a strong forehand game or felt comfortable forehanding, but with a Tyrant, I'm getting more distance from my forehands with more ease and comfort than ever. (I'm sure part of this is due to practice with a comfortable disc)

Puddle tops are a bit more OS, but I love the grip for forehands and the flat top is great for both. I'm bagging the more beat puddle top no stamp for touch forehand and straight to fade shots and the newest flat top for perfect reliability. I actually stopped bagging my OS high-PLH Petro because between an FD and flat Raptor, I can adjust to cover most of those shots. I'd kill for a truly understable RDG fairway to to have all fairway offerings covered, but unless I really beat in an Armor Flex Ptero, I know it's not RDG's style to may anything on the understable side. Either way, I'm so impressed and so happy with my Faction offerings!

Pretty much any drive I need to make under 340', I'm reaching for a Tyrant if I can. I'm loving it hardcore.

Family medical emergencies have kept me off the course much of the last week, but every round is a Tyrant round! :D

Last edited:
I am not actually throwing mine at all. I bought two on day one and they both came with puddle top. They are too overstable and have no glide off my BH and the puddle makes the FH grip uncomfortable.

This is a disc that I really wanted to one but the zero glide and funky grip just don't do it for me. I suspect that one of the flatter ones rather than puddles would help a lot, but I am watch my bank account a little more carefully right now and can't afford another one yet.

Same boat

I'm going to sell my puddle top in the marketplace when i get motivated to take pics.

MY flat top Tyrant is the closest thing I've thrown to a faster verdict, and in my opinion that is a great thing.

Latest posts