• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The REAL 2011 Okthrowberfest Voting Thread

Vote for your FOUR favorite Okthrowberfest dyes

• DyeingToPlay -- Moon

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • DyeingToPlay - shaded skull

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • DiscTattooist - Moon Over Cemetary DG

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • DiscTattooist - Jack-O-Evil

Votes: 71 23.2%
  • BennettUA - Friday the 13th homage

Votes: 99 32.4%
  • Askari - Frankenstein

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Askari - Brains-n-Chains

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Moon - Entry of the Undead

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • adamlamar - Frankie goes to Hole-in-the-woods

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NorthernDisc -- Damien

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dan Howard - DGCR Fall Tour

Votes: 26 8.5%
  • Dan Howard - October trees

Votes: 189 61.8%
  • Ricky Bobby - Cornucopia

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • bigmanbailye - Count Collossus

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • BigBadBid - Reaper Waiting Room

Votes: 133 43.5%
  • Trozzle -- horrordisc

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • sickdisc.com - Zombie DG'er

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • JSurmann - The Hand

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • jdw80550 - Dia De Los Muertas Skull

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • teamtapin13 - Beautiful Nightmare

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Eky8 - blue witch and jackolantern

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • MartyK - The Killing Joke

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • Burntneuron - Nightmare Princess

Votes: 90 29.4%
  • maansmit - Falling Leaves

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NoThingness - The Trick-or-Treat'ers

Votes: 11 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not, just wanted to enter and only been dyeing a short time now. Gotten better actually since that disc, but just not good enough to compare with the masters this year.

Hey Northern keep it up. I was only introduced to the sport about three months ago. I had been drawing on disc with sharpies untill I happens upon this site. Reading all the tips and techniques. Frankenstein was my first dye, and now I'm addicted.

Seconded! I haven't been dyeing that long either, but I feel like each disc is a little better than the last. "Damien" looks good dude. keep it up.

Holy Crap those discs are amazing. Really love a few of the simpler ones vs the amazing all color ones. Man, you guys really have pushed dyeing to a new level. Holy CRAP!

What is the Friday 13th if that is a destroyer I will be lining up to buy that! Love the Bottom Stamp. October trees = amazing. All of them are amazing.

Thanks for all the support Askari and adamlamar. That's why I use this forum, always good advice and good people. Hey, I got a vote!

The reflection of the girl in the machete really makes it. I think the two best are Jason and the reaper waiting room.

I shared the link to this page on RIT's facebook page as an example of what's being done with their product and in the hope that they might find some way to keep the old formula going. Really, just amazing artwork here from all of you, and all over the dye forum. It was so hard to vote with so many great discs!

All I can say is WOW! These are some astonishing designs. I can't vote for a favorite. (but I'll try) There are about 5 that are so complex and detailed that it looked like they were air brushed.

To all the contestants...

Works of art that can fly 300', it's a thing of beauty!

I'm not, just wanted to enter and only been dyeing a short time now. Gotten better actually since that disc, but just not good enough to compare with the masters this year.
It's simple but wonderfully executed, really great idea. You just fell victim to all the multicolor monsters. Maybe we should have different categories next year? One limited to 2-3 colors and one open category? Just spitballin'.
I shared the link to this page on RIT's facebook page as an example of what's being done with their product and in the hope that they might find some way to keep the old formula going. Really, just amazing artwork here from all of you, and all over the dye forum. It was so hard to vote with so many great discs!
Nice hustle! :hfive:

What is the Friday 13th if that is a destroyer I will be lining up to buy that! Love the Bottom Stamp. October trees = amazing. All of them are amazing.

The Friday the 13th disc is a "crystal" clear Opto Halo. ;)

Brilliant idea :hfive:

The ones I voted for were all so different- congrats to the diversity of ideas

Reaper waiting rooms is hilarious, and october trees, it seems so simple, but just captures something inside you.

koogs said:
These dyes are un-friggin'-believable! You guys have turned this into a serious art form. If you want to be really shocked, look at these, then go back to the first pages of the Dye-A-Day thread.

Yeah, these are much more stunning than photobucket photo not phound errors. :p

I feel quite under par with my entry in with the rest of these amazing entries! Very good work guys!

I wish I would have finished mine in time... :(

I just need 159 votes to go with 10 hours left. I have my fingers crossed!!! Great job again to all you guys, my disc envy still lives on.

I definitely think that next years contest should have the entries listed as "anonymous" too as someone said before.

Even though i'm sure I'll still be able to tell which discs are Dan's :hfive:

I definitely think that next years contest should have the entries listed as "anonymous" too as someone said before.

Even though i'm sure I'll still be able to tell which discs are Dan's :hfive:

We tried that last year, didn't work as well as you might think. Mulled it over hard this year and decided to rep the artists with their art.

Does knowing who dyed the disc affect your vote?
i.e., Did you vote for a disc based solely on the name next to it, or for the quality of the dye itself?
I like the idea of anonymity, but in practice it doesn't seem to work here. Clearly, the winning discs are doing so on merit of the work, not the avatar next to them.

300 votes in right now!

Latest posts