• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The REAL 2011 Okthrowberfest Voting Thread

Vote for your FOUR favorite Okthrowberfest dyes

• DyeingToPlay -- Moon

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • DyeingToPlay - shaded skull

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • DiscTattooist - Moon Over Cemetary DG

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • DiscTattooist - Jack-O-Evil

Votes: 71 23.2%
  • BennettUA - Friday the 13th homage

Votes: 99 32.4%
  • Askari - Frankenstein

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Askari - Brains-n-Chains

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Moon - Entry of the Undead

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • adamlamar - Frankie goes to Hole-in-the-woods

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NorthernDisc -- Damien

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dan Howard - DGCR Fall Tour

Votes: 26 8.5%
  • Dan Howard - October trees

Votes: 189 61.8%
  • Ricky Bobby - Cornucopia

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • bigmanbailye - Count Collossus

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • BigBadBid - Reaper Waiting Room

Votes: 133 43.5%
  • Trozzle -- horrordisc

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • sickdisc.com - Zombie DG'er

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • JSurmann - The Hand

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • jdw80550 - Dia De Los Muertas Skull

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • teamtapin13 - Beautiful Nightmare

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Eky8 - blue witch and jackolantern

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • MartyK - The Killing Joke

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • Burntneuron - Nightmare Princess

Votes: 90 29.4%
  • maansmit - Falling Leaves

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NoThingness - The Trick-or-Treat'ers

Votes: 11 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Dan, I truly appreciate that, I put a ton of work into that disc and I'm stoked it was so appreciated, makes it all worth it.

I'm still amazed at the colors you got on that disc Dan, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to see how you did it all. Inspiration for sure.

Just today, I had some guys looking at my dyed discs and saying how great they were, and I said thanks, but you should see the guys who are really good. They'd blow you away. I know I was blown away when I saw the discs in this contest. :thmbup:

Payout for Okthrowberfest 2011

------ Payout for Okthrowberfest 2011 -----

Cold Hard Payout:

Dan Howard -- $125
BigBadBid -- $75
burntneuron -- $50

Plastic Payout:(non-Dyer's Guild only)
BigBadBid: Champion Glow Cobra(for best hand-cut); Glow Champ Valkyrie; green ESP Nate Doss Surge; yellow ESP Impact
DyeingToPlay: blank white Medium Ion; orange Champion Wraith
MartyK: Cryztal Z Buzzz
DiscTattooist: Glow Buzzz; Glow Stalker
teamtapin13: blank white Medium Ion
adamlamar: blank white Medium Ion
Askari: blue Champion Sidewinder
maansmit: bright green Cryztal Z Challenger

Thanks again to Halloween Express, Ripper, Skinner, The Dyer's Guild, and all who entered, voted, commented or gawked -- this year's Okthrowberfest was a great success thanks to all of YOU!
:hfive:

That is an AMAZING payout! A BIG thank you to everyone who said I like this contest enough to donate.

Great payouts for the contest!! I can't wait till for the next chance to to see everyones awesome dye talents! thanks for letting me participate!

Wow... it's been awhile since I've dyed a disc... or posted on this forum for that matter. Glad to see Okthrowberfest is going strong! Great dyeing community here. Good job guys!

Thanks to everyone that voted for my disc. It was my first dye job, but it won't be my last. I'll be gunning for the top spot next competition!

Congrats to everyone to won and great work to everyone who entered.

Oh wow. Didnt expect that kind of payout, THANK YOU to everyone who voted or contributed to this event! And thanks again to Bennett and the guild for putting it on!
Dyed discs are the coolest!

Dyed discs ARE the coolest! AND they fly better!! I'd like to thank everyone who participated.... dyers, judges, voters.... and especially those who donated prizes. I just received 2 very nice discs in the mail and am looking forward to putting some cool dyes on them.

Just got a package in the mail. Thanks to Dan and everyone else who donated to the payout and thanks again to Bennett for putting this all together.

Just got the discs I ordered with the Okthrowberfest winnings, a big thanks again to everyone involved past and present who made this contest possible.

Discen.jpg

Nearly Clear Diamond, Clear 172 Opto Halo, No Stamp Axis and Medium Ion.

I picked up the Halo because with the wide rim, it's going to make a fantastic top and bottom dye. If anyone has any ideas and wants a Halo with a sick dye, let me know. That thing is going to be sweet.

Nice! I've done 2 bottom dyes on Halos and they are always great. Is that Trans White, or solid clear plastic for it?

solid clear, I'm thinking something like that Ron Paul dye I did where I can do detail on top and bottom, it should show right through and I think there's potential for some really cool depth to be done with it.