• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

There can only be one!

What company do you choose

• Innova

Votes: 107 50.5%
  • Discraft

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • Gateway

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Mvp

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Dynamic Discs

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Westside

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Legacy

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Discmania

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • DGA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(please write in)

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
Another way to ask would be if you were going to be sponsored exclusively by one company, and can only throw their discs, who would it be?...

Similiar but having some sponsorships for say any trilogy brand really being trilogy instead of the one brand and same for MVP/axiom not exactly the same.

Right now my bad is 6 molds.
Wizard
2x harps BT soft/ Lucid
Lucid verdict
Lucid Truth
MF Teebird
C-line FD

But if I had to pick just one manufacturer forever? I think it would have to be Innova and for me for the Teebird as much as any other reason.

Other - Prodiscus.

They are missing slots I need, but I would assume theyll keep making new molds and filling out the lineup (still waiting for the last 3 molds to be available in the US in Ultrium).

Best plastics (Premi and Ultrium) for both throwing and dyeing. Arguably dumb names, but really nice stamps. Love all the molds thus far besides Midari.

Legacy - I could pretty much build out a full bag for what I want to do from their discs, great plastics, and just a wonderful company

Picked other - and my vote is Quest.
video-collection-trollface-thumb.jpg

If I vote solely on what I throw, it's Innova. But only because that's what I started with and I don't like change - Destroyer, teebird, firebird, roc.

But you asked what company I would throw all of my support behind. I don't throw a single one of their discs, but I love what they do for the sport and I've been good friends with them from fairly early on, so my answer to that question is Dynamic Discs.

Innova

Literally every other disc from any company is a knock off or a tweak of an iconic Innova mold.

Not shocking that Innova is on top, but Discraft still in front of all three trilogy brands combined... wow.

Dynamic, as I could probably replace what isn't DD in my bag to a DD. Minus the Envy... think I would live. However, I don't limit myself to one company cuz I pay for the discs I throw. Besides, being sponsored is only a pipe dream.

Axiom

Currently I carry with a full bag the following: Innova, Discraft, DD, MVP, Lat 64, and of course Axiom.

Little by little my bag is Axiom molds are filling my bag. My 3 main drivers are a Fireball, Wrath, & Insanity. Consistent and dependable. Maybe not quite the distance of my Nuke or Xcal, but that could be my advancing years as much as disc speed. The Atom is my go to putter but I'm sure an Envy would do the trick.

I have yet to bond with any of Axioms nice or fairway drivers. But if I was pressed to use just one manufacturer, I'm sureI could find something in Axiom's lineup to get the job done.

Most of my bag is Innova already so it's kind of an easy call.

Zone would be the hardest mold to replace. Between Rhyno and Gator I think all the shots would be covered, but neither of those molds feel as good in my FH driving grip.

Anyway I vote my game is going teetering off a cliff for awhile. I went Latitude b/c of the Trilogy brands I think their lineup is a little more fleshed out. I hate Innova's putters and not crazy about DC's either so I can't really go with the big two.

Lat 64. Most of the manufacturers have enough molds to satisfy my humble capabilities and needs, so the main factor for me is the feel of the plastic. Opto just feels right in my hand. Firm like Innova's Champion plastic, but a little less slippy.

Incorrect, there will never be only one. I throw 7 different companies, seven divided by 7 is one. Close enough.

I picked Innova. That's what I started with, and they have so many classic molds that are standard bearers.

I do own and throw discs from Discraft and Trilogy and they have a lot of great discs that I like. It is fun going out with a bag with different molds from my usual lineup. But if I had to build a basic bag of 3-5 discs, I feel most comfortable using Innova.

Innova. Don't have to worry about getting bored because they introduce a new disc, or variation, every week.

Well, less cynically, Innova because they offer a broader selection. But it hardly matters; I'm sure I could build a bag from most of the larger manufacturers' offerings and, once I was accustomed to it, have very little falloff.

I'd have to go Innova. Might have to pick up some older Rhynos and throw them with hyzer to replace Zones. Could go back to Mambas for LD, and replace my Polarii with Leopards.

Innova, if I had top pick
But I'm glad I don't have to pick.
I've got a couple of S-line DD2's in different stabilities that I'm really enjoying right now. Also an old run P-line PD that is a distance monster.
I also use a couple Westside Underworlds, three Ringers in different plastics and three Comets in different plastics.
But I'd give them all up for the Firebirds.
I can replace all the other stuff, but haven't found a replacement for the FB.

Having said all that, I suck at DG no matter what I'm throwing.
The Indian still sucks, no matter what arrow...

Last edited:

Latest posts