• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

These Travel Tags are Fun

I was hoping to score the #1 travel tag from Blang last weekend at the Meeks Madness tournament but we didn't end up on the same card either round. Do you actually have to play around together to swap tags?

Do you actually have to play around together to swap tags?

I'm gonna go ahead and say no. I feel like these don't work like traditional tags where you play to take the lowest one.

Since we're all so far apart, I think its more about meeting people from other places, swapping tags regardless of higher/lower number and seeing just how many places each number can go.

If anyone disagrees let me know, but as far as I'm concerned it would be no fun to meet someone with a tag halfway across the country, play a round, and end up walking away with the same tag.

Save that for you local bag tag rounds.

It is just about the meeting and the swap. Nothing was ever said about beating the other person. I think playing with the other person is assumed but not a competition.

Same here.

I just swapped with Mystjava's tag #24 (from Washington) when we met at the Deaf Nationals in Springfield, IL. We didn't even play at the same cards but we did played at the same courses though.

We swapped at the end of the 4th rounds and discussed our opinions about both courses that we have played on. Took photos of the swap and ourselves as well.

Now Mystjava has the tag from the East coast and I have hers from the West coast! That's the farthest tag that I have so far!

My next goal is to swap it with someone from New England when I visit there next month.

I enjoy the reviews that DeafDiscGolfer (tag #10) shared with me about the two courses. Now I need to find one that I can switch with out here in Seattle Area or down in PDX area (Portland/Vancouver) since I will be doing down there next weekend. Fun! Fun!

Oh, thank goodness for DGCR! I had used it several times on my road trip back home to check out the different courses along the way. The one "wahh!" that I had was about not being able to see the map clearly on my blackberry! I couldn't finish playing at Froniter Park in Hays KS! Oh well!!!

Last edited:
Let me know if you are in the Central Texas area, but recently its been around 105 degrees.

Just swapped #50 for #30 with thenamesben at Dretzka Park in Milwaukee.

It was a great day with great golf and great company. Thanks again Ben for showing my Dad and I around the course.

Just swapped #50 for #30 with thenamesben at Dretzka Park in Milwaukee.

It was a great day with great golf and great company. Thanks again Ben for showing my Dad and I around the course.

Not a problem at all! Had a blast! Although when I got home I couldn't bend my left elbow, move my right shoulder, bend my right knee or walk correctly on my left foot... but I still had fun golfing! Wooo! :eek:

Not a problem at all! Had a blast! Although when I got home I couldn't bend my left elbow, move my right shoulder, bend my right knee or walk correctly on my left foot... but I still had fun golfing! Wooo! :eek:

Holy crap, sounds like you need to take it easy this weekend. :)

Man, I'm still looking forward to swapping mine...

My next trips are the Long Beach/Carson area
Reno
Nashville
Chicago/Milwaukee

i got mine a few weeks back, still haven't had anyone to trade it with...so if anyone is in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, or just about anywhere in NC for that matter, hit me up..the wife is out of town this weekend so i can play all weekend long guilt free!!

DgTourist and I played badlands on Sat. we had a great time. it was a great first tag swap experience for me. Who's next?

I see Ventura_Tom practically every week. Should we keep swapping? ;)

I just swapped with Dahig in Centralia today.
That was my #19 tag to Dave's #25 tag.
How do you go about getting this information to the person running the spreadsheet and stuff?

I will meet up with anyone, but if you want the number one tag you have to play on the same card with me!:cool: