• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This IS Ridiculous

Yup he crazy good. Hopefully he won't be like David Wiggins and he can turn skill into actual tournament wins.

Yup he crazy good. Hopefully he won't be like David Wiggins and he can turn skill into actual tournament wins.

He's already a better all around player than Wiggins ever was. I think if he works hard on his mental game he'll start winning.

Ooo Ooo a chance to spout pure speculation as to why Simon doesn't win everything every time: Multiple choice-
A)It isn't as important for him to win.
B)He takes pity on all of us.
C)We all know he is the best(including him) so why press the issue?
D)Too undisciplined.
E)Other.

I don't think anybody outright said this but I wouldn't write off Wiggins as a failure. He is still very young with tons of potential. Hopefully he can reinvent his game and return to the tour playing at a higher level (after he earns his degree).

Simon loves to show off his skills in front of crowds. He is always going for the spectacular shot. He doesn't have the drive to win that Paul does, he just wants to have fun. Jussi didn't bring him to the U.S. to be a champion, he brought him to show off his skills and promote the Discmania brand (per Simon's Smashboxx interview).

I don't think anybody outright said this but I wouldn't write off Wiggins as a failure. He is still very young with tons of potential. Hopefully he can reinvent his game and return to the tour playing at a higher level (after he earns his degree).

Simon loves to show off his skills in front of crowds. He is always going for the spectacular shot. He doesn't have the drive to win that Paul does, he just wants to have fun. Jussi didn't bring him to the U.S. to be a champion, he brought him to show off his skills and promote the Discmania brand (per Simon's Smashboxx interview).

From his facebook posts, it looks like he cares more about fishing and the long D competition than disc golf.

If I was Lizotte and McBeth beat me ALL the time I'd try saying that I'm just trying to have fun, but honestly if McBeth owns him in the game who is having more fun? Lizotte gets visibly upset during rounds frequently. He wants to be a champion and came here to be a champion. What better way to promote a company? He's not good enough. He lacks consistency. I think touring with avery jenkins was bad for him. I'm a Lizotte fan by the way I just don't buy the whole I don't care about winning I just want to have fun motto.

Maybe wiggens realized disc golf isn't really a career.

I can't speak for him, but if I were in his scenario I would look at it this way:

Spending money on a 4-year degree is essentially flushing it if you don't give it 100% and make it your #1 priority.

McBeth and the rest of the guys at the top are elevating the pro tour to the level that you must also do that in order to make a living and win the big tournaments.

It's better to give one thing your 100% than to give two paths a half-effort and fail at both. I don't think it really means anything long-term, he has talent and he's 19, if he wants to tour professionally it'll be there in 3-4 years.

If I was Lizotte and McBeth beat me ALL the time I'd try saying that I'm just trying to have fun, but honestly if McBeth owns him in the game who is having more fun? Lizotte gets visibly upset during rounds frequently. He wants to be a champion and came here to be a champion. What better way to promote a company? He's not good enough. He lacks consistency. I think touring with avery jenkins was bad for him. I'm a Lizotte fan by the way I just don't buy the whole I don't care about winning I just want to have fun motto.

If Simon threw himself fully into DG, nobody could stop him (ok maybe McBeth, Jerm, Wysocki, WillS, etc). He seems drawn, however, to the showman/entertainer role more than undisputed champ, and DG needs top level players from both sides of the competiveness aisle. I love seeing him go for the crazy line that no one else tries, and DG will have lost something crucial if Simon ever changes his approach to this GAME.

McBeth presently owns everyone in the game, not just Simon, but to my eyes he seems to have more fun on the course than just about anyone. I can only imagine how fun it would be to throw 600' golf lines.