• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TimG can you just erase worthless reviews?

Personally, I wish I could pull my first few reviews! I was eager to contribute and didn't really scope out the community before jumping in.

It wasn't long before the
icon_thumbsdown.gif
started rolling in. I went back and played two of my three reviewed courses many more times before refining my initial statements into something I was more proud of.

I'm still a long way off from my own Hawk Hollow book.

when i review i like to start from the oldest reviews first and i assume others will do the same, so after i read all the reviews i try to add what i feel has been left out or what i feel is not acucurate(imo). I think what might of happened in these cases is they didnt have much to add and just wanted to add a review to their totals . I havnt played these courses but if i had and i felt that these reviews while short added some insight to a already well reviewed course id give them a thumbs up .

Me too.:hfive: This also tends to give some extra thumbs up to the people who were willing to go out and play these courses and be the first to put up thier opinions.:thmbup:

To me, deleting bad reviews just absolves bad reviewers of their mistakes, and withdraws an example for everybody to see of what NOT to do.

Truthfully, when I see an review containing blatant inaccuracies, I wish there was a way for folks to add comments to it correcting the wrong information (in order to make comments though, you'd have to have reviewed the course yourself, and be listed as a guide).

Of course, that feature would likely be subject to abuse as well. I certainly don't want a "chilling effect" mentality to be fostered around here.
:\

I advocate the democratic nature of this site, everyone should have a voice. But reviews don't get much more useless than this:

Useless Reviewer said:
Pros: Somebody is a very lucky guy to play here. Short tees and long tees. Shoveling the pads is a whole lot of fun!! Everybody should do it it is just great.

Cons: Need a pass but a year is cheap.

Other Thoughts: There was a time when disc golfers were once misidentified as biology students on some field trip.

If you're going to speak, at least say something. As Abe Lincoln said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

More of their scintillating work:
Pros: Many additional tee options.

Cons: There are many holes on an old tree farm but before long the frost-freeze limits will be lifted and some of that good old American dirt can be delivered.

Other Thoughts: Many additional tee options include playing the course lengthwise.

Last edited:
There are some just plain worthless reviews on a few courses on here. No information is given, there aren't even pro's or con's. Some the information is so far off, it's like they played a different course. It just seems that if we are to get info off this site, there needs to be some actual information given in reviews. If a review has 12 thumbs down anyway, is it worth keeping?

sorry to the reviewers, but here are some examples:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=963&page=1&mode=rev#12871

mr finn's review is just plain lacking. i've read others by him that i have given thumbs up to. not this one.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1371&mode=rev

sorry penso707 with all of those other reviews, yours just doesn't offer anything.

anyone else?

Do you drive a Ford F-450??;)

Thumbs are there for this reason... That being said I like that bogey brings these reviews to wider attention...

He helped me find one dude who created an alter just to 5 his little local, 3 at most, course and get it to a 4... Got that review deleted and the alter as well...

Jeez, if we ever have a reviews mod, my vote goes to bogey.

There was one a couple months ago where the guy didn't even play the course and submitted his rant, about not being allowed to play a course at a KOA because he wasn't staying there, just so he could rate it 0...

I mostly only look at reviews on the front page for courses in my area or top rated ones. But if I see a 0 or 5 disc review I usually click on it just to see what monkey business may be going on.

I went and found the post I made about it at the time. One of you guys must have noticed it too because the review was deleted. Good thing I quoted it for posterity, lol...

Cons:
-Can't play the course if you don't stay at the KOA

Other Thoughts: I wasn't allowed to play the course because I didn't stay at the KOA . Can't even pay a few bucks just to play the few holes that they have, YOU HAVE TO CAMP THERE. So it could be a fine small course, I don't know. Just don't make the effort, unless you want to bring a pup tent and some cold hard cash.

Last edited:
I advocate the democratic nature of this site, everyone should have a voice. But reviews don't get much more useless than this:

If you're going to speak, at least say something. As Abe Lincoln said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

More of their scintillating work:

Read these reviews, thought the same thing. I really wish he would have elaborated on the whole biology thing. I was intrigued.

I mostly only look at reviews on the front page for courses in my area or top rated ones. But if I see a 0 or 5 disc review I usually click on it just to see what monkey business may be going on.
I do this, plus courses I've played. I particularly like to see if other players have a different perspective on things, or bring up points I hadn't thought of.

Jeez, if we ever have a reviews mod, my vote goes to bogey.
*runs and hides*

Lol. The only review I ever did had to be deleted because the designer was worried that his 3.5 course might been rated a 3.5 before it was "ready"...

It kind of pissed me off at the time.... and when I just went to look at what the course was actually rated... It has 5 reviews and are all 3.5, lol...

Last edited:
The site is fine like it is. I think the public shaming of bad reviews is a good thing. If it happens to me, I'll think about why and adjust my review if I agree with the criticism. After all, we're not always on our A-game, when playing or reviewing.

I do need to review more. Waiting on Abilene State Park. Houck design on some pretty nice land. Pretty sure money is the reason for the wait.

Yet another quality review...

Really gives you a feel for the course:

Pros: A person can get just as worn out as they want to get up and down the beautiful hills. Radical stone stacks. Worth the trip and probably work camping to let it all sink in.

Cons: Poison Ivy is not unique to this one.

Other Thoughts: Discs sometimes like to roll very far away.

In an attempt to try and help, here's some constructive criticism.
• Successfully conveys that the course is quite hilly, and even hints that it's pretty. :thmbup:
• Doesn't say squat about hole/shot variety. :thmbdown:
• How difficult/easy is the course to navigate? Is a map necessary? :thmbdown:
• Says you might want to camp, but doesn't actually let you know that you can actually do so on site. :\

Reviews don't have to be useless... even if you are.

Lol. The only review I ever did had to be deleted because the designer was worried that his 3.5 course might been rated a 3.5 before it was "ready"...

It kind of pissed me off at the time.... and when I just went to look at what the course was actually rated... It has 5 reviews and are all 3.5, lol...

Dunham? Played it on Monday in the snow. It reminded me a bit of old Boone Woods before the redesign. 3-3.5 seems on the money.

Latest posts