• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TimG can you just erase worthless reviews?

The site is fine like it is. I think the public shaming of bad reviews is a good thing. If it happens to me, I'll think about why and adjust my review if I agree with the criticism. After all, we're not always on our A-game, when playing or reviewing.

I do need to review more. Waiting on Abilene State Park. Houck design on some pretty nice land. Pretty sure money is the reason for the wait.

Eegor, I'm glad you mentioned the new course in Abilene. Yes, the Rotary Club and the local disc golf club are still raising money for the course, and they need all the help they can get. But the biggest factor in the timeline is just how long it's taking to clear the fairways. This is a great property but very rough. We are putting complex, championship fairways out there, and it's all being done by VOLUNTEERS and by HAND. It's thousands and thousands of man hours. The disc golf world is absolutely full of hard-working volunteers, but I have to say I've never seen a small group work as hard as these guys and gals. Over the last 2 years, some of them have been on the course virtually every Saturday for 6-8 hours (or more) and most Sundays, and sometimes during the week. They are truly amazing.

So, if anyone wants to donate, they would love to hear from you. or you can PM me, and I'll put you in touch with them. And if anyone would like to come in for a weekend and help out, they would love that, too. You can track the progress of the course at: Lake Abilene Disc Golf Course Maintenance https://www.facebook.com/groups/144623679277220/

As for the course itself, I believe it will be a contender for the Top 5 in Texas, which is a state with some very good disc golf courses.

Now back to the discussion in progress: helping people write better reviews.

Really gives you a feel for the course:

In an attempt to try and help, here's some constructive criticism.
• Successfully conveys that the course is quite hilly, and even hints that it's pretty. :thmbup:
• Doesn't say squat about hole/shot variety. :thmbdown:
• How difficult/easy is the course to navigate? Is a map necessary? :thmbdown:
• Says you might want to camp, but doesn't actually let you know that you can actually do so on site. :\

Reviews don't have to be useless... even if you are.

Bogeyman-I thought you would like this review. Another disc golfer concerned about Poison Ivy!

Now that the hidden discs mystery has been solved, some people need to find other things to discuss.

BTW, it was 6 discs that were in the leaves!

Nice! LOL!

Uh, oh! I must have left four of them hidden under the leaves when I picked up the Buzzz an Tern. Now there's snow on top of the ground so it's really going to be a pain finding them. :D

I believe everyone should have the chance to be recognized by their peers for their work. In the spirit of fairness, awards for reviewers should work both ways. Using the existing TR requirements as a basis, I propose the following requirements for Useless Reviewer awards:

Lead: 10 Reviews, 100 UnHelpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
Mercury: 25 Reviews, 200 UnHelpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
Arsenic: 35 Reviews, 350 UnHelpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
Hexavalent Chromium: 60 Reviews, 1000 UnHelpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Upon achieving Hexavalent Chromium status, you're perma-banned from reviewing.
Time to move on, your work here is done. :)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Trusted Reviewer Stats

Something mentioned in the threads above by reviewers trying to reach the next level is how they don't get enough thumbs per review. Our UR hopeful has a nice start toward Lead level, with 2 :thmbup:'s and 33 :thmbdown:'s on just 3 reviews... that nearly 12 thumb's per review! :hfive:

That's exactly what I'm proposing... do the same thing for UR's as we do for TR's.
I'm just providing different metals for the badges/levels to distinguish them. ;)

That's exactly what I'm proposing... do the same thing for UR's as we do for TR's.
I'm just providing different metals for the badges/levels to distinguish them. ;)

Not sure how, but somehow i missed your #49 post. :eek:

Lead: 10 Reviews, 100 UnHelpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
Mercury: 25 Reviews, 200 UnHelpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
Arsenic: 35 Reviews, 350 UnHelpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
Hexavalent Chromium: 60 Reviews, 1000 UnHelpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Upon achieving Hexavalent Chromium status, you're perma-banned from reviewing.
Time to move on, your work here is done. :)

I don't even know what Hexavalent Chromium is.
what if the level were "Redneck Machismo" instead.

I don't even know what Hexavalent Chromium is.
Trusted Review levels are named for precious metals/stones; Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond.
Seems appropriate to use heavy/toxic metals for the UR badges.

... and hexavalent chromium just sounds cool. If you can write that many useless reviews, you deserve to sound cool.
After all, you'll have earned that snazzy icon.

Last edited:
If there is one thing the internet has taught us it is don't hand out accomplishments for doing terrible things as there will be those special people who will feel the need to achieve them. Given the large amount of trolls already hiding under the DGCR bridge it won't be long before a competition ensues at who is the worst reviewer on DGCR is viewed as some sort of badge of honor.

:thmbdown: These work fine.

Latest posts