• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

Saw a video review that said the inside rim is "plussy". How noticeable is the angle?

Saw a video review that said the inside rim is "plussy". How noticeable is the angle?

Its very similar to a Champ Roc3 I compared it to in depth and rim angle. I wouldn't say its plus rimmed to any extreme amount. Maybe the depth + small diameter makes the normal angle more noticeable.

Its very similar to a Champ Roc3 I compared it to in depth and rim angle. I wouldn't say its plus rimmed to any extreme amount. Maybe the depth + small diameter makes the normal angle more noticeable.

Thank you for the info, I know a lot of midranges have an outward slope to the inside rim (including my MD4s) just didn't know if this was more.

Really impressed with this disc, this is the one I need. Standstill FH drive, mash it flat or a little anny and it reliably flies flat and then forward hard fade, not dumpy. It has good glide for being as OS as it is. Talking specifically about the cg champ model, but the star was the same for me. Its a welcome tick less OS that the Z sparkle LS21 zone I have, which doesnt have the same extra bit of glide as the toro.

Really impressed with this disc, this is the one I need. Standstill FH drive, mash it flat or a little anny and it reliably flies flat and then forward hard fade, not dumpy. It has good glide for being as OS as it is. Talking specifically about the cg champ model, but the star was the same for me. Its a welcome tick less OS that the Z sparkle LS21 zone I have, which doesnt have the same extra bit of glide as the toro.

I threw one a couple of times and had the opposite opinion in regards to the Zone. I thought the Toro dumped hard and fast while the Zone rides straight a bit longer and doesn't dump as hard. Currently bagging a stock Z Zone but have thrown them in most plastic.

It could just be a familiarity thing though. Two throws with a Toro compared to thousands with a Zone.

Had the chance to compare a Toro profile to a Zone the other day - I'll be darned this thing is really similar.

I did notice that the wing on the Zone is a tad wider compared side by side, which to me all else held equal usually means a faster disc.

I would call the Zone a speed 3.5. Toro close to a 3? I know it says 4 but this thing ain't no Roc right?

The Toro is in between 3 and 4 speed but closer to 4 - it has a 1.3cm rim but it's faster than an AviarX3 and slower than a Roc. I would say the AviarX3 is perfectly 3 speed and the Roc is in between a 4 and 5 speed. If I could get real specific, I'd say the AviarX3 is 3, the Toro is 3.75, and the Roc is 4.5.

My reason for coming back and posting was that I had fallen in love with the Star TFR Toro, wanted to back them up so I ordered the Champ Color Glow ones. But these Champ Glow have a bit of blizzarding in the rim - are they all like that? I will try to trade these out and get others without blizzard rims if possible - especially because they sent me blue ones when I wanted pink! If they are all blizzard, I might just throw them.

But these Champ Glow have a bit of blizzarding in the rim - are they all like that? I will try to trade these out and get others without blizzard rims if possible - especially because they sent me blue ones when I wanted pink! If they are all blizzard, I might just throw them.

Didn't notice any blizzarding in the ones I picked up.

Innova said that finish was how most of that run came out and couldn't offer a refund. Oh well. I might try to trade them. It seems like it's just on the surface/gloss finish not really bubbles in the rim.

Innova said that finish was how most of that run came out and couldn't offer a refund. Oh well. I might try to trade them. It seems like it's just on the surface/gloss finish not really bubbles in the rim.

I see a lot of blizzarding in these OS chunky molds from Innova at max weight. Kind of a shrug

Stat Toro kicked the Gator out my bag which I din't think was possible. As of yet I don't get as much distance as the Gator but it feels incredible for control upshot FH's and doesn't skip. Tried a Color Glow but I prefer the stiffer Star. Hey Innova this mold in Luster would be fantastic.

Stat Toro kicked the Gator out my bag which I din't think was possible. As of yet I don't get as much distance as the Gator but it feels incredible for control upshot FH's and doesn't skip. Tried a Color Glow but I prefer the stiffer Star. Hey Innova this mold in Luster would be fantastic.

Ill trade you a pink star for that cg...and yes luster or MF please!

I threw one a couple of times and had the opposite opinion in regards to the Zone. I thought the Toro dumped hard and fast while the Zone rides straight a bit longer and doesn't dump as hard. Currently bagging a stock Z Zone but have thrown them in most plastic.

It could just be a familiarity thing though. Two throws with a Toro compared to thousands with a Zone.

⬆️This was my experience as well, I am so used to the zone I'm sure it's affecting my results a bit, love the cg plastic tho. I have been throwing it against my stock Z zone and '16LS Z zone, and the toro hooks up a bit faster on hyzer lines for sure, but I do like the quicker acton on a flex line makes it easier to range imo..

Anyone confirmed Calvin's Signature Series Toro yet?

Lots of talk about it, but nothing with more substance yet.

Figure we'll hear more soon with his big contract extension.

I really hope there is, especially after I nearly eagled a par 4 (hole 2 Blue at Brewster Ridge) after a great bomb with my Chameleon, this weekend.

5x DGPT Event Champion looks weird on the Champion stamp, both stock stamps get Heimburg's name on them though.
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-toro/
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-toro-1/

Listened to the Warehouse Life podcast (hosted by the Innova East/DGU warehouse folks) they recently talked with both Sexton and Koling briefly about the stock Star XCal/AviarX3 signature stamps each got for USDGC wins and Innova's mentality about awarding signature stamps in the past for only Worlds wins. Koling also mentioned that all the Innova Star team were bumped up to 2x Tour fundraiser discs. Gotta think that these new stock stamp signature discs are how Innova is funding more of their top players when their LE disc runs are maxing out production capacity/sales & saturating the market after a few years of Heimburg Destroyers/Sexton FB/Koling Thunderbirds.

That 5x event winner stamp is kinda… wack.

For me...the stamp is irrelevant. What is not though is a champ toro! Ordered and cant wait! Plus a super secret source of MF champ toros coming! Hoping they kick up the fade a notch vs star or champ glow.

Latest posts