• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

"It flies like a zone with less glide" is the most accurate way to say it, but they aren't going to mention the competition lol.

Anyone think it could compete with an AviarX3 for short approach duties? Or different slot all together?

Anyone think it could compete with an AviarX3 for short approach duties? Or different slot all together?

This is kind of why I feel like the toro was made just for me... I was throwing the aviarx3 wishing it was a zone until the toro came out. What's really great is it allowed me to see the aviarx3 for its true value by slotting for approaches in between a neutral putter and the toro.

My lineup here is a star aviar driver/q omega4/star aviarx3/toro.

I just ordered those stock champ toros that came out and I'll be happy if it's stiff flat and even more OS

This is kind of why I feel like the toro was made just for me... I was throwing the aviarx3 wishing it was a zone until the toro came out. What's really great is it allowed me to see the aviarx3 for its true value by slotting for approaches in between a neutral putter and the toro.

My lineup here is a star aviar driver/q omega4/star aviarx3/toro.

I just ordered those stock champ toros that came out and I'll be happy if it's stiff flat and even more OS

Was it stiff and flat?

Can someone compare the Toro to the glow MD5 from 2019 European Open?

OTBDiscs currently has stock uploaded for all 3 plastics with their rating scales applied. Potentially the desirable colors/flattest ones have already sold out for the new Stock stamp plastics but the ratings generally align with the Star/Champion/Color Glow ones I received. Discgolfcenter also has the side profile pictures available to judge the dome/flatness.
Color Glow Champion 2022 Tour Series (-3 to -1 flatness rating mostly, 5 stiffness rating)
Star Stock stamp/Protostar stamp (1 to 5 flatness rating, 4 to 6 stiffness rating)
Champion Stock stamp (1 to 2 flatness rating, 5 to 6 stiffness rating)

All versions generally the same stiffness (5 is somewhat stiff) when new but expect Color Glow and Star to soften more with use than the Champion. Flatness for Champion is most consistently flat (1 is very flat) with no puddle/dome. Star has the biggest variation but it looks like some colors (runs) are more consistently rated the same.

Comparing my Color Glow Champion Toro vs. Glow Champion Gator3, the Toro has a shorter range & overall speed. Color glow Champion is a softer blend than Glow Champion. Champion Toro vs. ROG Champion Gator (flat top) the stiffness is similar. Both Gators hold flat for longer and fade/skip more laterally vs. the Toro.

I do think it can complete for that slot but I think it depends on your comfort level forehanding an AviarX3 at 200'+ and what angle of release you prefer.

In terms of distance potential there is less difference between the AviarX3 and the Toro than between the Toro and the Gator. For me it makes more sense to add a Gator as a different slot to pair with the X3 or the Toro. I actually like a Luster Aviar3 and Toro combo for approach shots and sometimes I'll add my old trusty Gator in a woods course with a lot of technical tee shots and scrambling.

I recently picked up a Toro and have really enjoyed throwing it. Is there any chance it will come out R-Pro or DX?

Stock champ toros are the money. Grippy stiff nice champ plastic, flat, got a birdie first throw...

Star Calvin Toro came yesterday. Flat as a flitter. Feels great![emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to throw the Innova Zone with three Discraft Toro's this pm. Zone's were Soft X, Jawbreaker and Flex Titanium. I used all discs, Toro included, for touchy forehand approach's 100' and in. The Toro was consistently slightly faster, slightly longer and slightly more overstable. I like! And will continue trial. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My store just got a shipment of stock stamped Toros, both stars and champions. I'm gonna pick up a couple tomorrow. Have anyone thrown both the champion and the star? How do they compare stability wise?

Ordered 2. Didn't have purple, but I'll beat on some white to see if it is something I want to stock up on when/if purple becomes available.

How'd you get white? They only had pink, blue, and yellow when I ordered.

hmm. no blue when I ordered. Weird, I don't think there was much time between when you ordered and when I did.

I also jumped on the KC toros, please report back if you get flat ones what color and weight, the profile picture looks pretty domey so I only ordered a single blue one. Hoping for flat!

Latest posts