• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

just received my KC Pro Toros. Slight dome, feels solid in the hand. My hands are a little dry, so the plastic is slick, but I've got some max wax in my bag that will fix that problem. I'll toss them around this weekend.

Tossed the KC Pro in the bag for a round today. Seems to start out just as stable as a CGC Toro. It will be very agreeable if these straighten out before developing turn.

I never saw anyone talk about different plastics stability. Can you rank all the plastics most OS to least? Or do star, champ and cg all throw the same?

I never saw anyone talk about different plastics stability. Can you rank all the plastics most OS to least? Or do star, champ and cg all throw the same?

In my experience. Champ and Star have very similar stability. CG Champ has a touch more glide, but the difference is so small as to be negligible. At this point, choose your favorite plastic. CG is my current favorite with Champ as the follow up. Jury is out on the KC Pro for now.

In my experience. Champ and Star have very similar stability. CG Champ has a touch more glide, but the difference is so small as to be negligible. At this point, choose your favorite plastic. CG is my current favorite with Champ as the follow up. Jury is out on the KC Pro for now.

I am really deep in to zones and I love that there are so many different runs and plastics. But that has lead to me bagging 5 zones now. I have a zone OS, a very beefy big z flx, a normal z zone, a straightish esp zone and a flip up ct zone. I'm wondering if I'd be better off simplifying this part of my bag or not. I played a windy round today and threw all 5. 🤷*♂️

I have some KC pros on the way and then I can do a write up on those, champ, GC champ and star. The cg champ nearly got lost down a cliff into a quarry today. Some random fellow offered to hop down about 3 stories of muddy near vertical slope to grab it...Such a nice guy. I am really starting to love this thing for stand still FH narrow / low ceiling shots...its like a laser up to 200 then fades.

Copied from elsewhere:

Thoughts on KC Pro Toros:

Slightly straighter right away. I think it'll straighten out with a very mild fade. I could get it over a bit nose down and get it to finish very straight already. And more torque resistant on FHs than AviarX3, without too much more LSF.

And I like base plastic for feel on ranging upshots. And fewer molds, for familiarity.

They came domey and slick. Flattened with hot water and once over with 00 steel wool, and they're really nice throwers.

And I like the distance potential. I can mash on them. To about 275' already.

Very promising. I bet they'll straighten out but retain excellent HSS and torque resistance.

I bit the bullet, my local pias had star, champ and KC. I bought a KC and a Star. KC is definitely more mellow. Star flies great. Now Im looking online and seeing luster and MF. So happy to see all these plastics but no one seems to be talkng about them.

In my limited throwing the star toro was just as stable as my super puddled beefy bearheart big z flx. The KC toro seemed to be right between my straighter ESP swirl flx and slightly seasoned CT. Glide and distance was indentical for me. I have like 20 different zones of varying stability and I have one that will fly identical to each of these toros. That being said I kind of like the plus rim feel. I was surprised.

I'm sure I will end up buying a champ, color glow and a metal flake. I have a problem. Lol. Will report after I throw them.

I have a metal flake, a limited release stamp Star and a champ. I can't say there is much difference between the metal flake and the champ. The Star is a little less beefy but it's been used more.

I got a champ today. My star is a little puddle top and beefy. The champ was flat and not quite as overstable. Color glow in the mail.
I got rid of the dome on my KC and its more overstable than it was. Seems like the zone, more puddle is more stable. Plastic diesnt really factor.

Interested. especially KC offering.

Any comparison to Hornets? Hornets feel what wind tells me this year I need, but OOP and down to two and one pretty beat.
Need a little bump up from typical KC Roc, 1-2 DX Roc and 0-1 Buzz SS or Mako. Fairways all Teebirds with putters KC and DX Aviars. Silly amount of dusty backups and field discs that rotate in.

Got a couple color glows on the way - will be comparing with my prodigy 400 distortions. Always been a fan of innovas color glow plastic so had to try it.

So played about 3 rounds with the cg and kc now. Kc is more mellow and a smidge more glide, very slippery though, need much maxwax to throw them. I am liking the kc for FH approaches when I want it to hit the ground before fading and get a little ground play. I am also liking the toro in general, kc moreso, for bh approaches when I need the fade or a little hyzer line instead of trying to throw a putting putter with touch and finding just the right amount of hyzer to release it on and account for the glide. Toros go straight and get the ground quickly and predictably. I like the cg to shape baby flex lines and more powerful lines and shots. I cant honestly believe the champ, star or mf are going to be much different from the cg within a margin that makes a whole lot of difference...but thats just me.

Got my CG glow in. Pretty beefy, more than my champ, less than my star. Played a 1 disc round with my KC to get it more broken in. Is a lit straighter now. Like my old beat on CT zone. If i give an arbitrary 1-10 rating for them, star is 9 stability, CG is 8, champ is 6, new KC is 5 and beat in one is 3.
I will say only have 1 star, cg, and champ. I did get 3 KC however and they were all the same.

Got a couple color glows on the way - will be comparing with my prodigy 400 distortions. Always been a fan of innovas color glow plastic so had to try it.

Well that was quick, toro kicked the distortion and a5 out if the bag. I just prefer the feel of the toro, the color glow plastic is nice too. Would be sick if they did a run in the the 2021 sexton glow plastic

Interested. especially KC offering.

Any comparison to Hornets? Hornets feel what wind tells me this year I need, but OOP and down to two and one pretty beat.
Need a little bump up from typical KC Roc, 1-2 DX Roc and 0-1 Buzz SS or Mako. Fairways all Teebirds with putters KC and DX Aviars. Silly amount of dusty backups and field discs that rotate in.

Buzzz SS + Hornet was my first banger mid combo. The discs I bag now are just iterations of replacements for those.

For Hornet replacements I would probably be looking at the Verdict, Solstice, or MD4.

Or send your last Hornet to Anthony Barela, hope he clicks with it and makes it his next signature disc so you (we?) can just throw Hornets again.

Picked up a blue KC Pro Toro from the local store to try out, profile kind of makes a thumbtrack with the rim and slight dome. Comfortable stiffness in the summer heat but I expect it to be slick in cooler temps. Feels slightly narrower diameter and rim width versus the premium Star/Champion/Color Glow Champion Toros due to shrinkage of the KC plastic.

Fresh flight is pretty OS but doesn't quite have the lateral fade that the premium Toros have. Still need to put a bit of anhyzer flex to get the disc to land flat. Throwing any Toro harder seems produce a more vertical flight and dives to the ground due to high speed fade.

With flight ratings for the Toro coming in at 4/2/1/3, I'd imagine the Rat & Pig should probably be bumped to a 2 or 3 glide (currently rated 4/2/0/2 and 4/1/0/3) if they are molded up flatter as they should be. The only Pig I have that has lower glide is a oddball domey one. Rat should probably be 3 or 3.5 speed with how thin the rim width is.

Picked up a couple soft plastic Toro releases over the past couple months.
First up is the XG (Gummy) Champion Toro off of DGV. I like the soft & gummy flexible feel of this premium plastic and it has held up to some tree hits better than I expected for how soft it feels. Flight really hasn't changed with a month of rounds probably throwing it on most FH approaches.

Second is the new R-Pro Toro I got off DGU (F2s here) delivered yesterday. 1 round in and I think it will beat in to take over my stable Rat position ITB eventually. Right now it is pretty close to the given flight numbers for the Toro. This R-Pro Toro matches the R-Pro stiffness of recent stock Pigs. I've always like the R-Pro Pig plastic feel but never could get a consistent release with the thumbtrack for my FH. The R-Pro Toro has a slimmer profile and a puddle top with a narrower rim vs. the premium Champion & Star.

I may end up carrying a stock Champion or Star Toro along with these gummy/soft ones for more durable stability and ground action skips on powered up line drive shots. My longtime ITB ROG Champ Gator or a Recon Mortar may also be the compliment to get some more distance as well.

Latest posts