• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travel Tags for 2012

JR Stengele

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Hey Timg,

When will you start taking orders for travel tags in 2012?

Probably start taking orders later this week. They're going to be green this year :)

If nothing else, they look cool on your bag :)

I'll definitely get one again this year.

Any thoughts on changing the formula for which swaps are allowed? I know several people mentioned issues this year with people they hadn't met before but weren't allowed to swap because it's limited by tag number. I think Martin dewgarita had that problem a few times. It seems to me it would make sense to just limit swaps by user so that the same two people can't swap multiple times.

Any thoughts on changing the formula for which swaps are allowed? I know several people mentioned issues this year with people they hadn't met before but weren't allowed to swap because it's limited by tag number. I think Martin dewgarita had that problem a few times. It seems to me it would make sense to just limit swaps by user so that the same two people can't swap multiple times.

Yes, can we please see an updated formula to address this issue?

I think limiting it by person will result in even less trades and more complaints.

Probably start taking orders later this week. They're going to be green this year :)

Please consider the ability to make a swap if only 1 person hasn't had that number before. It is difficult for those of us not near other members to get much action on completely new tags.

That's how it works now... you can't swap unless one person hasn't had a particular number.

I think limiting it by person will result in even less trades and more complaints.

Interesting, for some reason it makes more sense to me the other way. I wouldn't expect to be able to trade with gooddrivebadputt repeatedly just because we play together often, but when I meet up with someone I've never played with hundreds of miles from home and a tag I had 6 swaps ago keeps us from trading it seems odd.

Right now swaps are limited by tag number, once you've had a specific number you can't ever have that number again. I'm proposing that it's limited by who you've traded with rather than tag number. I met up with martin dewgarita earlier this year, and when we tried to swap it turned out that a tag had made it's way between us through a few other people. It was the first time we'd played together is year, and it seemed weird that we wouldn't be able to swap. A few others have posted with the same issue, some having to mail tags back to someone they met up with.

I think cases like that are the exception rather than the norm. Let's say gooddrivebadputt travels a lot on business and comes back with a new tag each time and you got a new tag recently. I think it would make sense for you to be able to swap tags again since you both have 2 new tag #s. I have a feeling situations like that arise far more than the already had a tag # issue.

Would it be possible to set it up so different tag numbers or different users were acceptable swaps?

Or just make it so that you cannot have the exact previous number that you had before your current tag. Say you go from 1 to 2 to 3, you can swap 3 for 1 but not 2.