• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travel Tags for 2012

What is the motivation for these travel tags? Too see who can trade the most times 9well that would be two buddies who happen to play together a lot. Or is it about getting out and playing with as many DGCR members as you can? If this is the reasoning for having these tags then limiting the trades you can make with any person to 1 makes sense. Sure less trades will happen but who needs to see two guys swapping at their weekly mini every week. I suppose it would be limited by the fact that at least one of them must have made another trade before they can swap again, but it still seems silly to be swapping with the same person over and over even if it is for a new #. Just my opinion. I think limiting swaps with any individual to 1 is the way i would go, but it isn't my site and they aren't my tags.

timg, i meet dgcr people on three occasions this year. two of those three i could not swap with people because they had a tag i already had, even though i've never seen them before in my life.

a change of some sort to prevent this would be an improvement.

thx timg :) the site as always ROCKS and travel tags are another great part of the site.

solution - i believe that life would be easier for you timg to limit trades by the individual (dgcr username), not the number.

you could try it one year and if it doesn't work then you could bring down the admin fist of furry and make a whole new set of rules.

either way, i bet there will be even more 2012 tags than 2011... and there were a LOT of 2011 tags.

I might do it the way mashnut suggested. You can't trade for a number you've already had if you have ever traded with that person. So if you meet someone new and they have a number you've had, that's fair game.

I'm going to still allow trades between the same members if they have all new tags between the two of them. I like the idea of person X trading with person Y, person X goes on vacation, trades, comes back and trades with Y again then Y goes off on vacation and trades that tag with someone else. The idea behind these is to meet people but also to get the tags moving around.

When can we expect the 2012 tags to go on sale? I'm getting in on the fun this time.

Possibly today but definitely this week... I want to make the change in the swap code before releasing them.

I might do it the way mashnut suggested. You can't trade for a number you've already had if you have ever traded with that person. So if you meet someone new and they have a number you've had, that's fair game.

I'm going to still allow trades between the same members if they have all new tags between the two of them. I like the idea of person X trading with person Y, person X goes on vacation, trades, comes back and trades with Y again then Y goes off on vacation and trades that tag with someone else. The idea behind these is to meet people but also to get the tags moving around.

:thmbup: thanks Tim!

:thmbup: That looks like the best solution!

#9 is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

who is coming up here for a swap????

and for those of you with these tags in the Phoenix area I will be there from Jan 26 to 29 if ya wanna meet/play/swap

#9 is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

who is coming up here for a swap????

and for those of you with these tags in the Phoenix area I will be there from Jan 26 to 29 if ya wanna meet/play/swap

If I were going there, I totally would brotha!

Latest posts