• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to Northern NM / Southern CO

ThrowBot

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
It looks like I'll be in the Farmington, NM region this weekend on a business trip. Anyone in that area, feel free to PM me if you want to throw some rounds! :thmbup:

Scheduling is flexible at the moment. Best guess is that I'll be able to play some disc on Sunday afternoon and/or Monday morning.

I'm excited to play Lions Wilderness DGC (rated over 4 discs!) and there are some other nearby courses that I'd be happy to check out. Any advice on which courses to hit in that area is welcome!

I no longer live in that area or I would join you for some rounds. Pagosa Springs has a couple of good courses, but I don't know what their playability is right now, snow-wise. Giles, who used to be a regular poster on here, lives up there, maybe you could contact him. I think he even has his own decent home course.

Sent you a PM with a contact in Farmington. I agree that Pagosa Springs has two very good courses but it is a couple of hours from Farmington.

I should have also mentioned the Fort Lewis College course in Durango. From the looks of the photos, it looks well worth playing. I've not played it, when I lived there it was only an object course, and I don't think it's even the same layout now as it was then. It's got baskets now, and Durango is a cool town to visit.

Jeff and Mark - Thanks for the feedback!

I'm flying in/out through Durango, so my plan is to play the Fort Lewis College course before my outgoing flight.

Sadly, Pagosa Springs is a little outside of my travel range. There are a couple of private courses only 10-20 miles out of the way that I'll get to if I have enough time. Altogether it's looking like a productive "business" trip ;)

Lions Wilderness in Farmington. Check out the Fore Corners Disc Golf club on Facebook for finding others to play with.
In Durango the best (public) course, hands down, is Colorado Timberline Academy. Only open for play Sundays, which might fit your schedule. Other than those two, I'd also recommend Res Hill in Pagosa.

Update:
I've been to Farmington twice for work in the last 2 weeks. Still haven't had enough free time & energy to play Lions Wilderness :( but I'll be back out there in the next few weeks so there's hope yet!

I did manage to squeeze in time to play the Fort Lewis College course in Durango, CO and the San Juan College course in Farmington :thmbup: so the trips have not been completely wasted.

Always nice to see an update. Hope you had fun, that's a beautiful area, I miss it.

Latest posts