• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UnderStable Midrange suggestion

Putter, Fuse, Stingray, Meteor.

150' might be short for most glidey under stable mids. I use a Fuse sometimes but it can be hard to range. You'd really be better off using a putter if you can make it work.

Millennium QMS is my suggestion.

The Aurora MS is the most workable disc made. Get two. Beat one to understable goodness and you have exactly what you described above. The one that isn't beat will hold any line you put on it with at least 70% power.

Or you could get a lightweight opto Fuse and be a happy camper...

DX Stingray or Cobra, DX XD, DX Aviar, or of course the Stratus...

Baseline plastic is your friend at those distances

Agreed. The Aero might also be a good choice, they hold an anhyzer line very nicely at that distance and on in.

Perhaps I was a bit low on the estimated distances. Anything 150 and down I can usually shape with the ion. I often find myself in a situation with a 180-250ft, low ceiling, tight gap that needs to end or bend right. I find that very hard to do without airing the disc out. I'd much rather throw it down the gap and let the disc do the work. It sounds like the Aftershock in Proline plastic is what I'm looking for,I might also pick up an X stratus.

Practice with a forehand and a thumber. I use my crappy forehand for some of those shots. And I have learned to adjust arm angles with a thumber to hit some as well. Light weight Fuse, forehand and thumber. It'll take time, but you'll have just about every shot covered.

I broke my hand 2 summers ago so my forehand finesse shot Is gone, I can still power them out 300+ but i can't get smooth slow releases in the direction I want. I lined up a loaner stratus from a buddy of mine and I'm looking to get an aftershock ASAP in the marketplace.

or you could practice throwing lefthanded...i've seen quite a few guys doing that now and it seems to work pretty well.

I'd go with a mid to high 170's Meteor ESPECIALLY because you mentioned a Comet with more glide. That is a Meteor. They're extremely easy to throw straight and putting more than medium power on it will have it drift understable for you. I'm recommending one on the heavier side so it might have a little fade back at the end as you mentioned in your first post. The disc is so eaasy on release too. No grip lock, ever but no sli-outs either. That might be due to ESP though. I hope this helps. I'd be happy to send you one with a tourney stamp I've got left over from an event last weekend (no, not everyone, just dj1001).

The ONLY bad thing about the Meteor is that I sometimes want less glide on the same path but I suppose owning a Comet would solve that issue.

Are you offering me the meteor for free? If So i'll take it and I'll be happy to start on your logos just let me know what you have in mind. I am horrible at coming up with Ideas but i can make things happen if the custom knows a general idea of what he wants.

Well goo because I was going to send it to you even if you didn't reply. I don;t want to hijack the thread but you did some very nice artwork for me a couple weeks ago so this is really the least I can do.

Seriously, the Meteor is great. I got mine in the 2006 Ace Race a couple months after I started playing. It was the first disc I could make go right (RHBH) and it's such a great touch disc you can throw lightly and not have to worry about it fading real hard. I got an ace with one and retired it a year later and I recently lost my other 173g and I think I'm going max weight (180+) soon.

Thanks alot justin, white is perfect too cause I have some Fuschia dye on the way so I'm gonna make that thing POP.

I would say an X Comet that is broken in. I know you say it is "Picky" but practice with it. Understable mids take practice, and finesse. a Meteor is good, but for 150' I would just go for a putter like a Magnet, or APX.

Meteor, aftershock, squall are good choices. I use a squall on low cringe shots that start straight and finish right. I use the meteor when I have an open fairway that ends to the right and the aftershock is thrown when I need to hold a gentle anhyzer line.

I carry an Opto Latitude 64 Core for my understable mid. Its the only one I have ever thrown, but its pretty understable. Brand new it threw very similar to a Buzzz, but quickly became understable, and has held the same amount of understability for the last year and a half. I'm a huge fan of understable discs, so this is one of my fav mids.

Meteors are great. I like the TM Fuse. Also the elite x stratus and elite z glide do the job.