• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

understable midrange: what's in your bag?

Update: i bought a dx stingray that worked great, did everything i wanted but i hated the feel of it. This weekend i was out doing field work, and found the flying squirrel. I want to hold off on gushing about it for a couple weeks, but brand new, it's perfect. It's just a tiny bit less understable than a dx stingray and can handle more power.

sparkle DGA squall and gold line fuse, both with turn real nice with a flat release or even a gentle hyzer.

Fuse, Magic and Stratus in my bag

Stratus is mainly used for rollers but it is similar to Fuse but less glide and less gyroscopic.

older beat in DX roc, champ coyote, champ cobra, and champ stingray...

i'm recently finding myself in the market for an understable midrange but haven't thrown many. i've got a 167 panther that kind of fills the spot, but i want a heavier disc and maybe a little more understable. i'd like to stick with premium plastic and by no means am i looking to fill the spot with a "beat in" this or that.

purpose for the disc: hyzer flips, flattened hyzers, anny approach shots with little/no fade, broadening my exposure to the understable world

initially i was thinking 175 star/echo kite, or maybe a star wedge. i wouldn't mind some input from lat64 fans and the discrafters. maybe a buzzz ss to compliment my esp buzzz

Looks like you already own the disc you're looking for. Those KC Aviar's will do everything you've described. No need to search for another disc.

Understable Mids

Elite-X Stratus - Nice gliding right turn with minimal fade
ABC Flying Squirrel - a tad more stable, but will still glide right - more distance than Stratus

Trying to master the Gold Fuse - hasn't made my bag......yet

Haven't heard anyone talk about the Wedge.
In the DX, they're flippy; but in the Star plastic, they will turn reliably when given some power.

Cobra but if you don't like the Stingray you probably won't like it because it's essentially the same mold with a bead. Stratus might work, I think of it as a Discraft Cobra. I like the Panther suggestion, it's definitely understable (not as much as a Stingray) and has a different rim and grip. Haven't thrown the Metor but most folks seem to like them. You might also want to give a Z Express a shot.

How understable are Elements? Joe's FLight Chart has them pretty understable, but the one I throw isn't that understable at all -- in fact, most of the time it's pretty straight. Or is that just me ....

Latest posts