• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram V.P. Putter does anyone have one?

seriously considering bagging these again. i'd have to say it's my favorite beefy putter by far. today was a nightmare; the wind was ridiculous and polecats were not exactly an option for upshots.

it's been a while; how hard is it to put with these, really? can't be that bad.

it's been a while; how hard is it to put with these, really? can't be that bad.

It's pretty bad. :p

Seriously, though, I putted with VPs for a year, year and a half. I think they just take a lot of getting used to because they have zero glide and have a serious fade. If you put a lot of spin on your putts and don't mind the deep rim then they're worth a try. I stopped putting with them after coming off a few months long break due to injury and subsequently realizing just how much effort I had to put into them to get them to fly straight. I came to feel as though that hurt my ability to putt with consistent form.

I still bag a Soft VP for upshots. Haven't found anything comparable in terms of wind resistance and consistent rangeability for approaches, and I love how hit and stick the Softs are. Puts conventional softs to shame.

In the summer-time (when it's less windy), I switch to a 150-class VP. You can acquire a 150-class VP if you choose it as part of your birdie bash player's packs. Simply put: the VP saves me strokes. I'm not a great player, but during doubles last year we ended up using all of my putts, and we finished one-stroke behind the lead card.

I have a soft V.P. that I keep in the bag. I use it for many shots, especially up shots where the basket is located on a side-hill.

Man that soft rubber, when it hits, it just sticks to the ground, totally dead. Works great for these side-hill upshots as there is NO roll aways, just dead as soon as it touches anything.

I have used nothing but my medium Chunk inside 40' for 5 years now.
My tiny hands love it.
I have no desire to try anything else for putting, my VP is like a loyal dog.
The Chunks were a little less stable for some reason, mine is more like a Ridge.
The only time wind is a problem is when its blowing hard enough to pull the disc out of my hand, pre putt. Then, I just go inverted.

when the bead grinds off, lol. I loved the VP but it wasn't the best driving putter (well depends on what you want there) but I like mine to FLY a little. The ridge is an easy fix for that though.

I've had my 157 medium V.P. for around a year, it's still pretty OS. It might have lost a tiny bit of HSS drive glide, but the LSS is defiantly still there. I'd say it's halfway between a fresh medium Ridge and a fresh medium VP. Beware, medium rubber flys really funky in the wind.

How long does it take a vp to straighten out/pick up glide If used regularly for driving and approaching?

The Softs I've thrown are noticeably straighter and glidier. I don't know if I could putt with them, but for approaches and drives they fly noticeably straighter out of the box than a Medium or Firm.

My Firms started wearing straight after roughly a year of modest use. If you want to wear one into straight, go Firm. It's not super hard to do. Didn't pick up much if any glide, though.

Picked one up again yesterday, loved it! Putted very well too.

Overstables are going to be more consistent in my experience. VP putts really well once you lock in the spin-ratio and understand its flight pattern. I'm aiming to the right and wanting the disc to fade right into the basket. On misses the VP isn't going anywhere, so it's always close to basket for an easy two-putt.

My vp is 155m.

I think it complements my summit really well. I can throw the vp flat and to the left (LHBH) and watch it fade right into the basket. Or I can throw it on a slight anny and it will flow straight to the basket.

My vp is 155m.

I think it complements my summit really well. I can throw the vp flat and to the left (LHBH) and watch it fade right into the basket. Or I can throw it on a slight anny and it will flow straight to the basket.

The Summit/VP combination is a formidable one-two punch for approaches to the basket, which is a great way to start shaving some strokes off your game.

The Summit I sent you is a little beat-in already, but it should be nice in California because it's a firm. The medium VP will hold its stability well, and it'll grip the chains. Liked both of those discs!

Ive got a No number VP Firm. IMO the material used in the early run molds is more durable than runs of the past few years. The no number and eArly run Vibrams I have barely show any wear when compared with Vibrams aquired through VBBs. VIbram has a solid lineup. early run Soles in medium and firm are my favorite Vibram putters because they resemble wizArds.

Ive got a No number VP Firm. IMO the material used in the early run molds is more durable than runs of the past few years. The no number and eArly run Vibrams I have barely show any wear when compared with Vibrams aquired through VBBs. VIbram has a solid lineup. early run Soles in medium and firm are my favorite Vibram putters because they resemble wizArds.

This is good information! I have a couple from TDs player's packs, and these are even less reliable than birdie bash discs. Having said that, I also have a couple of early run discs, and these are my go-to discs. I'll use the player's pack discs when I don't like the conditions, e.g. rainy, wet, or muddy.

My favorite putter is an early run VP, which feels like a baby's bottom in the hand. My friend says that it looks like a grapefruit, but it's a very unique solid-color. Solid-colors tend to be the earlier runs.

Yeah, I've got a no numbers firm VP that is three years old. The top is now concave, it's got some nicks and chips, but it is still as beefy as the day I got it.

The early runs are the best feeling rubber and they are so durable. You can just feel they are more substantial(for lack of better term). I have several VPs and Summits in the early runs. I wish they still made them in this blend.

Yeah, I've got a no numbers firm VP that is three years old. The top is now concave, it's got some nicks and chips, but it is still as beefy as the day I got it.

I saw one today that was for sale. Didn't buy it though. Oh well, the top was very, very concave, and it was all-black. I told him it was a first-run and that it would probably be worth $50 in new condition...

VP is the over stable putter from Vibram. Really depending on what type of Aviar it is I would say a bit more overstable than the Aviar.

Latest posts