• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] vroc approved

They should've just auctioned off all of these on eBay. A lot more money and a lot less complaining. The numbering on the rare 10 looks like crap was expecting a sticker/COA combo.. Nope just sharpie with bad handwriting.

I agree 100%. Ink on a collectors disc smh (even though it's factory). It's not like anyone's going to throw these...

They should all imprint/brand the weight like DD/Lat so it's virtually invisible. It's the best idea out their.

So Jussi Meresmaa claims to have the new 2001 CE Roc with this vRoc. They are both San Marino molds but the plastic is different. Innova hasn't used that plastic in 15 years.

However claiming it is the same as one of the most sought after and expensive discs is definitely going to cause bidding on the fundraiser discs to go sky high.

Personally I don't believe it could be the 'new 2001 CE Roc' no way they have the same plastic. It is only the newest Roc. That is all.

Im still confused. Are there 2 new Rocs coming out. The PDGA site has it called just VROC while the Discmania release has it called the VROC3. So VROC and VROC3. Same? Different?

Why is it the manufacturer's responsibility to keep retailers afloat? Yes, retailers move their products, but retailers also should know the risks of getting involved in a young sport in the first place. Gotta have a plan to make money other than relying on the big dogs to feed you. The big dogs are the big dogs for a reason, after all.

so, who moves the majority of those "big dogs" products....? :popcorn:

Up to nearly $3000 in the ten discs. I wonder how much of that will be added to the purse. This strategy by them seems successful so far.

Only $16.52 for shipping!
Tracking included?

Must be the $10 in bubble wrap or shipping insurance...
Right?

I mean, if your bidding on one of these, do you really care if they rip you off on shipping?

Im still confused. Are there 2 new Rocs coming out. The PDGA site has it called just VROC while the Discmania release has it called the VROC3. So VROC and VROC3. Same? Different?

I think they are the same? Well, I'm kinda guessing, but from the original approval release it sounded like a "3" variant to me.

So Jussi Meresmaa claims to have the new 2001 CE Roc with this vRoc. They are both San Marino molds but the plastic is different. Innova hasn't used that plastic in 15 years.

However claiming it is the same as one of the most sought after and expensive discs is definitely going to cause bidding on the fundraiser discs to go sky high.

Personally I don't believe it could be the 'new 2001 CE Roc' no way they have the same plastic. It is only the newest Roc. That is all.

Are you saying 2001 CE Roc's are San Marino molds? Because they are not. They are Rancho molds.

I think you are misinterpreting what he was saying. I think he was comparing the two in terms of desirability and collectability, not claiming they were the same thing

And for so few releases that actually over-load their network, the cost isn't reasonable.
The sad part is the 'load' being experienced during these releases is relatively pathetic compared to any other sort of website that sees a rush with limited availability items.

I don't think it would cost them too much to get some 'on demand' CDN support to handle the hundreds (lol) of customers hitting their store when the know a limited release is coming out.

DB/cache/etc load balancing is definitely a bit trickier but on a scale this small... relatively trivial.

The nice thing about this release is it's proved I'm cured of the high-priced-first-release-plastic syndrome I had.
I didn't even try to buy one of these. :thmbup:

Why is it the manufacturer's responsibility to keep retailers afloat?

retailers = customers, not us(consumers) no retailers = no avenue to sell your product...gotta keep your customers happy...bidness 101

innova is a distributor and the retailers are their customers...innova can't service the public by themselves which is why they sell through distribution...if retailers arent happy with innova and don't buy innova then innova makes less and less profit which means there is no more innova

Latest posts