• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside tursas

I haven't thrown the Underworld it's definitely on my trade list if I trip over one... The Tursas is pretty easy to control with a little chance of coming out and fading at the end.. I place it between a Stratus and ESP Comet on the front end hss, easy to turn over but unlikey to turn and burn... I can throw an anhyzer where it turns for 3/4 of the way and busts out at the end for a nice landing. It is everything I like about a seasoned ESP Comet without the break in period... if you deal with the flashing haha

What is flashing? I'm assuming some discs have some plastic leftover from the molding process?? Inform me please.

What is flashing? I'm assuming some discs have some plastic leftover from the molding process?? Inform me please.

Yup exactly, it's most common to have the flashing on the bottom of the disc, usually a thin line of plastic where the disc came out of the mold. It is usually sharp and not intended to be part of the disc..

Yup exactly, it's most common to have the flashing on the bottom of the disc, usually a thin line of plastic where the disc came out of the mold. It is usually sharp and not intended to be part of the disc..

I've had this only on my wasp, it was also on the parting line part of the disc not the bottom, but I haven't purchased near as many discs as all of you yet so I'm sure I'll see it.

I haven't thrown the Underworld it's definitely on my trade list if I trip over one... The Tursas is pretty easy to control with a little chance of coming out and fading at the end.. I place it between a Stratus and ESP Comet on the front end hss, easy to turn over but unlikey to turn and burn... I can throw an anhyzer where it turns for 3/4 of the way and busts out at the end for a nice landing. It is everything I like about a seasoned ESP Comet without the break in period... if you deal with the flashing haha

Cool. Sounds sort of like why I was digging the Underworld. Just controllably understable and intuitive without being finicky. Didn't take me long at all to figure out where to hit the apex and hyzerflip nice long tight s's. Seemed like was getting great distance for its speed class too.

Tursas sounds interesting reading through some of the comments in this thread.

The Tursas is my favorite understable disc. Ever. Great combo of glide and turn. When I throw this thing forehand on glidey anhyzers, I feel like a magician.

Anyone thrown the Tursas along with a Warrant and can offer a comparison?

I'm looking at a one of these to use as my turnover disc (RHBH) because I don't throw a forehand* and am needing something to finish to the right for me.

Thanks for any help!

TripleB

*Long story short: throw RHBH because that's how I hit a backhand in tennis, but would throw a LHFH because that's how I throw a baseball (unfortunately the LHFH gives basically the same turn direction as my RHBH)

Tursas and Warrant have similar high speed turn, but the Tursas has a bit of fade. Thus, the Warrant will hold an anny line all the way to the ground, whereas the Tursas will flatten out of it at the end. Tursas might have a bit more glide also. I find the Tursas to be more controllable, and it seldom turns and burns for me.

TripleB

*Long story short: throw RHBH because that's how I hit a backhand in tennis, but would throw a LHFH because that's how I throw a baseball (unfortunately the LHFH gives basically the same turn direction as my RHBH)[/QUOTE]

interesting, i have the exact same issue, and i thought i was the only one, lol

interesting, i have the exact same issue, and i thought i was the only one, lol

You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty; in tennis I serve lefty, switch hands after serving, and then play right handed; play baseball lefthanded; write right handed; kick right footed....basically I'm just totally messed up!

TripleB

You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty; in tennis I serve lefty, switch hands after serving, and then play right handed; play baseball lefthanded; write right handed; kick right footed....basically I'm just totally messed up!

TripleB

I'm right handed, but I'm ambidextrous and can bat left or right handed and kick a football left or right footed. If I get the putting yips, I'll try putting RH with a left handed grip or putt LH with a RH grip. DG has been mostly RHBH, though...

You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty;

Same but b/c no one's given me a lefty putter yet. I ****ing suck at ball golf either way though. I'm right hand dominant but I started playing ball golf lefty to work out the weak side.

--------------------------

Tursas is flippin' sweet, literally. Looking forward to warm weather to beat it in and see how it really compares to my beloved Fuses.

TripleB

lol, i understand well
i eat lefty, write righty, throw balls lefty but throw frisbee RHBH (or LHFH) i started batting righty but now bat better left. kick rightfooted. i miss the nail with the hammer equally well with both hands.

my mom is a lefty
i think everything i learned at home as a kid i do lefty and the things i learned at school i learned righty, but thats just my theory.

Tursas and Warrant have similar high speed turn, but the Tursas has a bit of fade. Thus, the Warrant will hold an anny line all the way to the ground, whereas the Tursas will flatten out of it at the end. Tursas might have a bit more glide also. I find the Tursas to be more controllable, and it seldom turns and burns for me.

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for your input!

Definitely going for the Tursas in the VIP plastic...just trying to decide 166g or 169g or 171g.

I know it's only 3-5 grams difference but strange question here: on a 60% throw does a lighter understable disc turnover more/easier than a heavier disc?

There are a couple places on my new home course where I tend to end up, needing an understable disc to turn for me at 50-60% power.

Thanks again for the comparison between the Tursas and Warrant!

TripleB

Flick a Zone instead, or a Harp.

Still working on that shot, well, any forehand for that matter. Trying to hit that shot with a backhand right now until I can get some warmer/non-rainy weather and am able to get out and truly work on my forehand and get it consistent. Thanks for that input!

TripleB

I know it's only 3-5 grams difference but strange question here: on a 60% throw does a lighter understable disc turnover more/easier than a heavier disc?

Theoretically... Yes. However, you probably will not see a huge difference or any for that matter. Discs that are the same weight can also vary from stable to understable.

Still working on that shot, well, any forehand for that matter. Trying to hit that shot with a backhand right now until I can get some warmer/non-rainy weather and am able to get out and truly work on my forehand and get it consistent. Thanks for that input!

TripleB

Just messing with ya, 3B. I shared your chase for magical discs for a while and still do somewhat. I daresay you probably have a shortish turnover disc laying around somewhere. Do you still have a Comet? That's my turnover mid of choice.

I've been playing about a year longer than you. FH has come easier for me due to a baseball background. Been working on form and have just now begun to consistently push BH drives past 320'.

If you work on your FH, you'll be better at it a month from now than you are today. Probably 50% of my shots are FH, I'd be lost without it. Most of my FH upshots are stand still so I'd practice those to begin with.

Latest posts