• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the first real hole you EVER played?

ca544554.jpg

Hole 1 - Mesker Park - Evansville, IN
396 ft Dog leg right.
I had a Leopard, Shark and Aviar and by the end of the round I had shot a 99 (Par 54).

Hole #1 Loriella park, white tees. I used a 150 class Leopard off the tee, I played with my good friend, though he never played again.

Kinder Farm DGC, Hole #1, 316', I think I took a four using a Whamo starter set:
135a2658_m.jpg

71da7907.jpg

Hole #3 (formerly hole#1) at golden hills dg course in christiansburg, va.

It's pretty much straight downhill and it's short. I still probably bogeyed.

hole #1 at Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA. not a very challenging first hole (unless the pin is in C, even then its not all that tough)

2aff95c2.jpg

Hole #1 at Grignon Park in Kaukauna, WI...that is a beastly first hole and course to play.

I used a super beat Champ Sidewinder that my brother gave me, and I went on to shoot an 83...I don't see how I shot that good my first time ever and I still can't shoot less than 60 a year later :p

3bee78a2.jpg

number 1 (shocker) Druid Hill Park. Can't even really remember my first round, but that's still the course that all others are judged by, none will be as beloved as that one.

#1 @ Jim Mozola in Houston. No picture because it was a redesign due to a skate park being installed where the course used to start. I kept nailing this stupid little tree right off the first tee, lol. This skater dude was taking a break from the skate park and was like, "Hey, playing some disc golf?" I was like, "Yeah, I guess I'm trying to." I couldn't have felt like a bigger tool :eek:

First hole was #1 at Ross Hills near West Lafayette, IN. Think I was using a friend's DX Beast.
23d769b0.jpg

First "Real" hole would have been Ross Hills #5. That is some intimidating shiat for a newbie. Two gullies between you and the basket lined with trees on both sides. First gully is about 80' down too, no fun to get down to or out of.
faa19c85.jpg

Last edited:
Hole 1 (I can only assume we started on hole 1... could have been otherwise) VCC where I went to college (Vermilion Community College, Ely, MN) 2005 I believe was the only time I played that course 1 or 2 times... definitely didn't get hooked on the sport... or really even know that the sport existed, I thought it was just something we did to pass time... No picture on this site, I don't remember the hole, the only hole I remember was hole 8 (could have been 7? or 6?) a b*tch of a hole through the woods. This is not when I started playing.

The first course/hole that got me going was Horseshoe canyon Ranch, Arkansas.

Hole 1:

3d422fe0.jpg

Hole 2 at the Central Michigan University course. Hole 1 has water so I skipped it. All I had was an Aero putter and a 12x KC pro Roc.

Hole 2 at the Central Michigan University course. Hole 1 has water so I skipped it. All I had was an Aero putter and a 12x KC pro Roc.

Hah! Sweet, I was wondering when (if) someone would chime in with something other than "hole 1" of whatever course. Can't be too many people out there that didn't start on hole 1.

Sorry if this thread had been done, searched for it and everything, but if not:

What is the first REAL (listed here, I suppose) disc golf hole you ever attempted to play?

Post a picture!

Mine is hole 1 at Oak Grove, in Pasadena, CA
4bcd74ab.jpg

Ditto. Mid June of 2005 for me.

Ottawa Park DGC Toledo, Ohio. Hole 1: 285ft with a cluster of 3 trees down the middle and some evergreens close to pin high on the right. There are also tennis courts on the right which I found on the drive. It's amazing looking back how hard some of the holes were. I never thought I would ever be able to park a disc close to a hole let alone ace one.

Latest posts